List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

if jed can get a gig on a senior list elsewhere, money-wise he's not going to sit on the rookie list. i know he's been living in queensland for the entirety of his career, but was originally from victoria, so perhaps would prefer something back down closer to home.

dunno about downie. still hasn't played at senior level. sometimes players can kill it in the reserves yet not perform at senior level. give him another year on the rookie list, there'll always be a chance to upgrade him next season you'd imagine.

Did i look at medium midfielders ??

No i missed it actually..theres a 190cm kid in there liam Jeffs.
Id hate to see a tall midfielder if 190cm is medium.. Damn!!

Welcome to the 21st century! :p

Now that Raines is retired i can see us doing something similar with Jed Adcock this year.
Rookie list him for experience in the NEAFL and around the club etc.
If his keen of cause.

I reckon Downie is half a chance to be elevated onto the senior list this year.. Is goal tally and forward line smarts say it all
His taken his game to another level!
So even more need to bolister the NEAFL with experienced talent

On recent AFL media - No way I would ever denigrate Jed's contribution to Brisbane, imo he is being treated disgracefully by a club he has given the best to for many seasons but why should GC b seen as dumping ground for rejected Lions.? Suns are so much better than that!

The lack of quality backup is not unusual for a relatively new club, those guys have been a positive this season; keep building there :thumbsu:

On the Trade front, have no doubt where Jaegs is concerned. :)

Not a dumping ground..
Just need a couple of wise old heads for 2 or so years.. Keep lifting the standerds etc
Former AFL captains dont usually get thrown away so easily.
Would be a good get.
Ones that come cheaply, dont want to lose any top 22 players for getting anyone over 28
Yes ok, I was over the top with the dumping ground analogy. If I didn't make it clear, I do really like Jed.

He has also been good this year for Lions, have to ask why he is being axed (cynical me).

Just watching the Cats Pies game.

Daniel Menzle. 4 knee recos first game back had about 6good touches in the first 10min playing in the forward line kicked 1.1
Probably BOG right now.
The kids got bags full of talent..
You either have it or you dont even after 4 years he hasnt lost a beat!

Shows how much we miss having a mid sized crafty forward

Edit- just kicked his second with another kick from 45 on the boundary.
Early second qtr his kicked Geelongs whole score!!
Edited X 2 4goals 2 early in the last plus a big hanger.. Up for mark of the year!!
Edited X 3.
Game over finished with 20 touches. Prob went a bit quiet in the second half as you would after 4 years off.
Finished with 4 goals 2 and was probably Geelongs BOG.
What a gun.

Last edited:
Just watching the Cats Pies game.

Daniel Menzle. 4 knee recos first game back had about 6good touches in the first 10min playing in the forward line kicked 1.1
Probably BOG right now.
The kids got bags full of talent..
You either have it or you dont even after 4 years he hasnt lost a beat!

Shows how much we miss having a mid sized crafty forward

Edit- just kicked his second with another kick from 45 on the boundary.
Early second qtr his kicked Geelongs whole score!!
Hopefully O'Meara can show that type impact straight away next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there, let's hope either Weitering disappoints and slips to 3 or Parish stars.

Good man Meatball :)
Keep us posted..
Wear a Suns top and If you see Scotty Clayton give him our BigFooty run down on delistings and future drafting ;)
The Suns is a club of the people haha!

I still like the thought of a big body like Curnow adding to the depth of mid-fielders.

You mention the word Stringer and I'm Sold.

Parish..?
Parish quieter early on but came into it as the game went on.
Curnow is a forward who you'll run into the midfield for short periods. Plenty of observers not convinced he'll be a mid. He was up against Collins and his contested marking was highlight.
Wish we lost to Essendon now as Weitering is in a class of his own.
Pick 3 -12 up for grabs. It will depend on what you need rather than the best available. If you want a mid you go Parish, if you want that clever forward you go Curnow, a tall forward then you look at Weideman, Burton. Strange draft coming up.

Parish quieter early on but came into it as the game went on.
Curnow is a forward who you'll run into the midfield for short periods. Plenty of observers not convinced he'll be a mid. He was up against Collins and his contested marking was highlight.
Wish we lost to Essendon now as Weitering is in a class of his own.
Pick 3 -12 up for grabs. It will depend on what you need rather than the best available. If you want a mid you go Parish, if you want that clever forward you go Curnow, a tall forward then you look at Weideman, Burton. Strange draft coming up.

People said the same about Fyfe
He was this tall lanky forward with elite marking..
Worst kick in the draft and his endurance was pretty average, barely even played midfield till he got to Freo..
And Now....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back