Rumour Gossip From Burleigh Hill - 2024 Rumours Thread (SUNS Posters Only*)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rance is missed too much footy. Retired in 2019? and 33, I wouldn't think he would go back.
But as a development coach? Thats something else
Isn't that the role James Frawley currently holds at the club?

surely you can have more than 1 development coach. He would be good for the young key defenders.
No doubt. I was just thinking we may already have a high profile development coach doing that. I'd still welcome Rancey if he wanted to join us for a similar role.

Several interesting quotes from Trent Cotchin tonight on Channel 7's Talking Finals program. Also worth noting that Dimma will be a guest on that show next week.

Cotchin on Dusty to the Suns rumours
"He's up on the Gold Coast at the moment just having a little holiday. I don't think there's anything to be read into in that. It'd be great to see him as a 300+ game player for the Tiges in yellow and black. Is it a pre-retirement fund when he goes up there and enjoys the sunshine at the very end of his career? I'm not sure, but I know that one of his values is loyalty so that'll be something that plays tight to the heart."

Didn't hear it myself but apparently a rumour around, rance to the suns.
Gary Lyon read that text out on breakfast this morning #fakenews

Don't be so quick to dismiss this Rance rumour just yet...

Cotchin on Rance to the Suns rumour
"He has recently moved up to the Gold Coast so maybe there's a twinkling heartbeat there. The game is very hard and he is a little bit older than he was when he did leave it. In saying that I've seen recent pictures of his rig and he is in good nick. It's just whether or not he has an appetite to do it."

Rance as a player would have to be a long shot but as a coach I think it could be very possible. I remember seeing vision and audio of him at Richmond training and he was very impressive the way he pushes himself and coaches others at the same time. As a player who knows though, he is in ripping condition still and maybe the time off has built the hunger. You wouldn't expect an all Australian chb but maybe fills a back pocket and plays a role. Long shot for sure but wouldn't be against it if it turned out.

I think we will pick up Graham, call me optimist. But let's be honest, he is a risk with 2 ACLs. Just need to create a list spot, points are no issue. Ideally, rookie list but he will go in 3rd round probably.

I dont think Will graham did ACLs i think it was meniscus tears?

Either way, he didnt miss a game this year and put a great body of work through the champs.

I think someone will pinch him

Nick Williams will get a gig somewhere else late in the draft i reckon too

Rance is 33 and hasn't played in 5 years. Hard hard hard pass, there is a big difference between being fit and football fit. If he wants to maybe come on as a part time coach sure, bit no way should we be putting him on a playing list.
Rookie list him just in case. Better than some of the cloggers down there.

I dont think Will graham did ACLs i think it was meniscus tears?

Either way, he didnt miss a game this year and put a great body of work through the champs.

I think someone will pinch him

Nick Williams will get a gig somewhere else late in the draft i reckon too
Reliably told we're taking him....so we have a new awesome foursome!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance as a player would have to be a long shot but as a coach I think it could be very possible. I remember seeing vision and audio of him at Richmond training and he was very impressive the way he pushes himself and coaches others at the same time. As a player who knows though, he is in ripping condition still and maybe the time off has built the hunger. You wouldn't expect an all Australian chb but maybe fills a back pocket and plays a role. Long shot for sure but wouldn't be against it if it turned out.

Heard on Dyl & Friends that Rancey in his first year was telling Club legend Richo to run thru to the cones in his first session

On Rancey

Use Wellers SPP spot on him, if he gets thru our mountain climbing preseason sessions.

Just replaces Jed Anderson really.

4 academy boys + Rance, plus whoever else

10 out the door off the top of my head

If Dimma is really trying to get Rance out of retirement it actually has me worried about him falling into a trap so many coaches do at their second club. Just because it worked for Richmond doesn't mean it will work for us. Need a whole new plan not Richmond 2.0

If Dimma is really trying to get Rance out of retirement it actually has me worried about him falling into a trap so many coaches do at their second club. Just because it worked for Richmond doesn't mean it will work for us. Need a whole new plan not Richmond 2.0

He did mention in his announcement we’ll play a similar brand of footy to Collingwood Richmond and gws. Think we’ll be right

Maybe I have low expectations from DewBall

He did mention in his announcement we’ll play a similar brand of footy to Collingwood Richmond and gws. Think we’ll be right

Maybe I have low expectations from DewBall
Collingwood and GWS have good skills throughout their team so that style works for them, Richmond do not have good skills, like us, and the style does not stand up for them anymore.

With Rance, as others have noted, he was a hard trainer, both for himself and pushing those around him.

If he says he has it in him, I'd be willing to rookie him, with a view to him pushing his teammates at training and playing in the 2s as a key defender/mentor/on field coach.

If we get more out of him than that (coverage for injuries, or forcing his way in on merit), then that'd be a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure if you forgot to attach the picture but here it is - Dimma and Dusty at a venue on the Gold Coast this afternoon:

img_0707-jpeg.1796486

Remove this Banner Ad

Back