Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Robbo's dislikes:

10. BRISBANE: Have been in a record 12 times in the dislikes and I promise it will be the last time in season 2015. Something’s not right up there and I’m not talking about players sooking about the standards Tom Rockliff wants to put in place. Injuries have hurt, but they have given up in too many games this year. As well as trying to find a key defenders and forwards, the Lions need to find resilience in the off-season.

I'm sick and tired of this ubiquitous s**t being sprouted by the Media.

"Something's not right up there", "where there's smoke there's fire", the Lions as a playing group are all Sad Sacks" ,"If they fixed their kulcha they wouldn't lose any players", "there's gotta be a stack of infighting", "what were they thinking in picking player X in the draft when he's a flight risk"......blah blah blah, payout, sfellow, sfellow"

By and large, all patronizing motherhood statements without a skerrick of concrete evidence as back up.

Rocky, Zorko, the coach and others have consistently and repeatedly refuted this crap and still it goes on.

Put up or shut up ya bunch of hacks

Was very interesting to hear chad cornes say about his brother Kane -"he would go and read the forums and blogs and do his head in over fans thought of him" - to which Kane replied "any player who says they don't do it's a lier"..

Would think at least some of the players and coaches read this, I know the media department do.

From Robbo's dislikes:

10. BRISBANE: Have been in a record 12 times in the dislikes and I promise it will be the last time in season 2015. Something’s not right up there and I’m not talking about players sooking about the standards Tom Rockliff wants to put in place. Injuries have hurt, but they have given up in too many games this year. As well as trying to find a key defenders and forwards, the Lions need to find resilience in the off-season.

Can't say I disagree with him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I disagree, we are a very young team.
Young teams are not resilient. And we clearly lack high end talent.
Not exactly a good combo, look at the floggings the Giants have copped over the years with the best young players in their team. Takes time and talent, both of these things should improve over the next 6 months.
Another preseason and a likely 3 players in the first round of the draft. Plus a bunch of returning players from injury suggests we will have no excuses for another wooden spoon next year.

Looks like Eddie knows why we are in the predicament we're in?

"One of the things that you look on (is) the Brisbane Lions — why do they find themselves in the position they’re in at the moment? They probably held on for too long with their premiership players. At one stage Richmond was going to offer the world for Justin Leppitsch and they could have got their salary cap in order and all that type of thing."

Hmmm.....I'm just taking a stab in the dark there might have been many other issues encountered in the past 10+years.

Oh but it has nothing to do with the fact u have chosen your life long ambition for the instrumental demise of any thing that is positive for the lions

I'm sure swanny is writing his rebuttal.

ROFL at Goddard slamming Barrett on 360 for making up rumours about him leaving Essendon and not having the decency to pick up the phone to call him and confirm the story... Sound familiar to anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed someone mentioned somewhere that Dangerfield was left out of Adelaides' 2016 calendar. So I thought I'd check ours.

Awkward

9328121047010.jpg

Here's a quote from 49ers coach, Jim Tomsula, regarding Jarryd Hayne's inclusion in the 53 man season roster (you could say they have got a bit carried away)

Maybe it could help the AFL Australian media

"I don't know what the rules are in the media in Australia, but you might want to fact check," Tomsula told San Francisco's KNBR radio station.

"The 53 is not set."

Hmmmmmmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently, Redden has said that the return of Lambert may see him remain at the club due to their great relationship.

Redden has also spoken of his desperation for Craig Lambert to return to the Lions and it was hoped the former welfare manager would convince him to stay.

When he told the club yesterday of his desire to leave, he confirmed his relationship with Leppitsch was the primary reason.

Last edited:
Stupid question but what exactly does lambett do?

I've spoken to a few people and it's like he is "the Brisbane savior"

I just don't exactly know what he does. As I said stupid question

I noticed someone mentioned somewhere that Dangerfield was left out of Adelaides' 2016 calendar. So I thought I'd check ours.

Awkward

9328121047010.jpg
Happened previously with Bradshaw as well.
Happens every year. I imagine it happens at every club too. Given the frequency with which departing players appear in the following year's calendar, you'd think they'd learn to bring them out after trade/delisting periods.

Think his official title will be Chief Cuddler. Cuddling all these Gen Y sooks crying over this and that.

Jokes. Pretty sure he will be Leppas second in charge.

Welfare and highly regarded coach in the premiership era, and has been working with GWS recently.

Lambert was a key figure during the Leigh Matthews era at the Lions where he served as an assistant coach and was also highly regarded for his development work with a host of premiership stars.

Past and present stars such as Simon Black, Luke Power and Tom Rockliff consider Lambert one of the major influences on their careers.

Apparently, Redden has said that the return of Lambert may see him remain at the club due to their great relationship.
If he doesn't get on with the coach (i.e. the coach and he don't see eye to eye on his value to/role in the team), how can he possibly have a future at the club - with or without Lambert?

If he doesn't get on with the coach (i.e. the coach and he don't see eye to eye on his value to/role in the team), how can he possibly have a future at the club - with or without Lambert?

No idea, all seems a bit flakey to be honest. If the problems are that bad, why aren't more players leaving? I think this is more to do with Redden taking the easy way out, when instead he could finish his contract, bust his gut and take his game to another level.

Hahah I like it

So did GWS get him to sort of be "the father figure" Outside of footy for the kids??

Yep. He and Mel did whole-scale "parenting" for the kids after they moved into Sydney, e.g. organizing driving lessons, cars, dinners, etc etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back