Rumour Honda as a new sponsor?

Remove this Banner Ad

As posted in the Not Worth a Thread thread:
Am I reading too much into this or have we secured a new sponsor for 2016?

View attachment 172643
It's probably worth its own thread (with a Rumour tag, of course) because it's notable news:
Here's what we know already:
  • Mission have a deal to be the "existing sole major partner": http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au/news/western-bulldogs-wrap-up-mission-foods-extension/. My memory of the deal says that it gave us the option of signing a co-major sponsor but I can't seem to find proof of that anywhere online - can someone confirm that my memory isn't playing tricks on me?
  • The point being, we're still one of the few teams to have the same sponsor on the front and back, which logically would give us an opportunity to sign a new co-sponsor without having to give up any.
  • We've been announcing more and more sponsors in recent years - White King as the ball sponsor, Slater + Gordon as the Coaches sponsor, and now Ballarat as a shorts sponsor.
  • And now the best evidence of all: Honda Australia posting an advertising feature on Bob Murphy on their Facebook page for their slogan "Discover Your Wherever". When somebody asks if they're going to support (sponsor?) the Dogs, they answer with the barely cryptic "Ask us on October 4" in other words, after the Grand Final
  • The sponsorship makes perfect sense, which I suppose is circumstantial evidence. Car advertising is huge with most clubs having one car sponsor, and we don't, while Honda are behind the ball park compared to their competitors given they don't already advertise any clubs so far.
Thoughts?

Exciting. That would be great to get a big car brand as a major sponsor. Huge times at the Dogs

latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope David Stephenseon gets in his ear about opportunities to get involves with the Dogs!

Should be straight on the phone to him for any sponsorship we can get.

Branson will put his name on anything and the red white and blue of an Englishman is another selling point

I hope David Stephenseon gets in his ear about opportunities to get involves with the Dogs!

Branson will put his name on anything and the red white and blue of an Englishman is another selling point

Virgin and Honda? that would be pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back