Rumour Honda as a new sponsor?

Remove this Banner Ad

With a big name behind us, it would be a financial master stroke for the clubs marketing. Also I hope Virgin jumps onboard the dogs express

Yes. Get Virgin on board ASAP. I don't care if it's the airline or health clubs or music stores. Massive brand. Great colour alignment.

That's amazing , I pictured you in a restored 1960 s Monaro. ;)
Always pictured MD more like this

uhVHc.jpg

We should all go and bombard Virgin/Branson social media. No doubt they have people who monitor this stuff.
Honda also.

Yes. Get Virgin on board ASAP. I don't care if it's the airline or health clubs or music stores. Massive brand. Great colour alignment.

It makes so much sense.

Virgin like to see itself as young and exciting and that's what we are, plus there's the colours as well.

Currently they're a co-major sponsor with the Giants, but I doubt Branson was there in a Dogs jumper for no reason. Would be gobmacked if we weren't in his ear.

It makes so much sense.

Virgin like to see itself as young and exciting and that's what we are, plus there's the colours as well.

Currently they're a co-major sponsor with the Giants, but I doubt Branson was there in a Dogs jumper for no reason. Would be gobmacked if we weren't in his ear.

As Sportsbet noted, he would have had to wear a collared shirt to get into the Members' Reserve (unless he played the do-you-know-who-the-feck-I-am card), so he might have just picked the home team and gotten their jumper in the ground store.

He's also been photographed in a Dockers scarf at one of their home games, which suggests he doesn't really have a team. But all that said, if he's got a reason to be wearing our colours then I'm all for it!

26-richard-branson-hot-lifting-170611.jpg

It makes so much sense.

That would be great, especially if he insisted that our jumper be mainly Virgin Red.

I am pretty sure Virgin are competition sponsors. They do all the transport of players and coaches which would be huge $$$.

Not saying they won't but maybe comp sponsors steer away from individual clubs.

We are a young, fast, sexy brand. Honda is all about speed and sleek design, perfect fit. Heard Bob a couple of times talking about us when we are revving our engines. Perfect!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty sure Virgin are competition sponsors. They do all the transport of players and coaches which would be huge $$$.

We are a young, fast, sexy brand. Honda is all about speed and sleek design, perfect fit. Heard Bob a couple of times talking about us when we are revving our engines. Perfect!

Toyota sponsors the AFL and the Crows as well ... there's precedent.

Look no further than Toyota as major sponsor for the AFL and Adelaide Crows.

It's an intriguingly ambiguous response to a single negative fb reply. One that can be seen as implying that it is a short term finals related partnership or one that is a precursor to something much more substantial.

I think it may be more the former. I certainly hope it's more of the latter

It's an intriguingly ambiguous response to a single negative fb reply. One that can be seen as implying that it is a short term finals related partnership or one that is a precursor to something much more substantial.

I think it may be more the former. I certainly hope it's more of the latter
This thought crossed my mind too. But I havent seen us associated with Honda anywhere else the last couple of weeks.

Unless it was purely a promo deal with Bob... Anyone know if he is getting around in a fully loaded Odyssey at the moment?

This would be nice but I would think their social media graduate is responding to "don't support bulldogs" comment with a reference to the day after the grand final. Ie: we'll "support" (not sponsor) the winner of the GF because it is an aspirational ad for those who chased their plan A. I'd love to be wrong.

Bob Murphy doesn't just go around doing advertising features for car companies because he's a corporate slogan enthusiast in his spare time. Something's going on behind the scenes.

Bit surprised that Honda released that video before any sponsorship has been officially announced however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back