That mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was big, probably killed off any chance of a challenge. If he marks & goals we are suddenly within 3 goals and have the momentum, but instead he fumbles, the Hawks goal and we're 5 goals down and resigned to losing.

That said, we let a lot of chances slip. I think it was just prior to that passage of play that the score was 3.9.25 to 9.3.57. We were 32 points down but had the same amount of scoring shots.
You hit the nail on the head - Butler, Hurn, Priddis, Darling and Shuey (that stupid ***** dribble kick) all cost us goals yest 5 goals. We should have been 2 points down

Was big, probably killed off any chance of a challenge. If he marks & goals we are suddenly within 3 goals and have the momentum, but instead he fumbles, the Hawks goal and we're 5 goals down and resigned to losing.

That said, we let a lot of chances slip. I think it was just prior to that passage of play that the score was 3.9.25 to 9.3.57. We were 32 points down but had the same amount of scoring shots.

Yes we did mate but our forward entries were nothing alike. Unfortunately we seemed to go back to the game plan of 2013 and just bomb it long in hope. There was no run and carry, taking the game on to hit up leads because there was no movement anywhere. We were just watching Hawks do what they wanted with the ball.

LeCras was bog ordinary as well. No one was confident in front of the sticks today, a shame because had we kicked better it would have been a much tighter game on the scoreboard at least

I had a few drinks so the game is a bit blurry for me, but was the sun a factor in Darlings drop. Looked like it hit him in the face.

And those half chances and balls not bouncing our way were probably a result of WC having more nervous/overwhelmed players, wasn't a lot of clear thinking out there compared to the Hawks players.

Hawks were way too good, especially their composure.

I think your boys were a little overawed by the situation, whereas Hawthorn were relaxed and experienced.
You had trouble hitting targets in the forward 50, and took the wrong option on a few occasions. The additional width of the ground also came into play, as well as the fact you couldn't buy a goal, but had to watch us kick them out of our asses. (Hodge and Smith)

Having said this, I am not saying you would have won if the reverse had have happened, but it would have been a much more exciting game, and who knows?

Just lucky the umpires didn't influence the result. Your challenge now in to get into the top 4 in 2016, and maybe you will get another chance.

surprised to have not stumbled across a GIF of darling's most humiliating moment in life...?

can only put it down to karma for all the childish "ninja roll" worshiping from some of our more intellectually challenged supporters.

LeCras was bog ordinary as well. No one was confident in front of the sticks today, a shame because had we kicked better it would have been a much tighter game on the scoreboard at least
Lecras greedy ability to have a set shot no matter what, from whatever position he likes used to work back when he was a dead eye at goals and in his prime from 2008 - 2012.

But his goal kicking in the entire finals series this year was woeful for us, and he backed it up on grand final day.

You cannot kick as far as you used to Mark, and you are not as accurate as you once were. Please keep that in mind going into 2016.

I had a few drinks so the game is a bit blurry for me, but was the sun a factor in Darlings drop. Looked like it hit him in the face.

Yeah on reflection , I think the football caught Darling on the chin which obviously contributed to him dropping the chest mark .May have been the Sun or just misreading the ball but definetly a bad missed opportunity .

Yeah on reflection , I think the football caught Darling on the chin which obviously contributed to him dropping the chest mark .May have been the Sun or just misreading the ball but definetly a bad missed opportunity .

I was sat very close to where that happened, and I can tell you the sun was perfectly placed to make that mark tougher than it looked. Still, wasn't nice to see.

Remember, lads, Jack will be hurting as much as anyone else. Singling out one particular moment isn't that productive imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surprised to have not stumbled across a GIF of darling's most humiliating moment in life...?

can only put it down to karma for all the childish "ninja roll" worshiping from some of our more intellectually challenged supporters.
Yeah, Darling dropping a mark is karma for a GIF. Talk about intellectually challenged.

We couldn't played a whole lot worse and miss many more chances, yet Darling goals that to put us 19 points in arrears with a lot of momentum.

It's amazing to think we could have been so close after:
- Shuey dribble after fumbling when handpassing for first two goals
- Hurn miss a gimme set shot
- Darling turnover off the half back line
- Darling drop mark
- Shuey turn over with 3 on 1 in our F50
- NicNat shot from the 50 holds up (WTF!!!)
- Hodge pulls a banana out his ass
- Smith kicks one from about 60 running towards the boundary line

Admittedly Hawks definitely butchered a couple of goals streaming into our forward 50, and our second goal through Josh Hill was pretty arsey.

Overall we weren't a million miles off the Hawks for the first 2.5 quarters but we didn't take our chances, they did, and the heads dropped significantly on the Darling 12-point drop mark.

We couldn't played a whole lot worse and miss many more chances, yet Darling goals that to put us 19 points in arrears with a lot of momentum.

It's amazing to think we could have been so close after:
- Shuey dribble after fumbling when handpassing for first two goals
- Hurn miss a gimme set shot
- Darling turnover off the half back line
- Darling drop mark
- Shuey turn over with 3 on 1 in our F50
- NicNat shot from the 50 holds up (WTF!!!)
- Hodge pulls a banana out his ass
- Smith kicks one from about 60 running towards the boundary line

Admittedly Hawks definitely butchered a couple of goals streaming into our forward 50, and our second goal through Josh Hill was pretty arsey.

Overall we weren't a million miles off the Hawks for the first 2.5 quarters but we didn't take our chances, they did, and the heads dropped significantly on the Darling 12-point drop mark.

One you missed; Darling's stupid 50m penalty to set up Hawthorn's first goal. He's going to find it hard to live down what happened on Saturday.

Nah seen some posters with one already....freo fans are quite happy.

Was ******* rustled about that not going through. Would have been a huge goal. Whoever was on the line needed to use his body more.
Sinclair I think

Sinclair I think

Sinclair signaled to the goal ump that it was touched.

I was like

tom-delonge-wtf.gif

Darling missed a mark? Why blame him and single him out for ridicule and embarrassment? It takes 22 players and luck to win a premiership not one mark.

Does taking the mark and kicking a goal mean that we would have won the GF? Don't think so. To say that would have turned the entire match on its head is reaching.

Hawthorn would have gone up another gear to counter any goal he kicked.

Winning that GF was possible but improbable against that Hawks side. If we had met Fremantle we would be celebrating our fourth premiership right now as they would have been without Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back