List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could really screw Carlton now. They would be all over our picks instead of Hawthorns, selfish morons. String em along if they don't take pick 2, they can keep him.

I went and had a look at the carlton website to see what steak knives they could throw in if we were to trade our first, but all I could find was a sack of potatoes and a bunch of wooden spoons

I seem to recall one L. Franklin who was signed, sealed & delivered to join GWS but ended up at the Swans. There was also Mitch Clark who wanted to go to WA but ended up at Geelong.

Just because he says he wants to join Richmond doesn't bind him to your club until he has actually been traded. Plenty of other clubs could swoop in and snaffle him yet.
Umm no, Franklin was never going to GWS, that was the AFL and the media who had him signed sealed and delivered to GWS, Franklin was talking to the Swans on the sly after the 2012 GF, as for Clarke, never nominated a club before landing at Melbourne, he then retired again before nominating Geelong and lo and behold lands at geelong. Back to your board and get off on the prospect of recruiting some NEAFL players.

Sometimes all players need is a fresh new environment and new faces to get the best out of themselves, rather than being at a cellar dwellar with a shithouse culture. Betts has taken his game to a new level at the Crows, Garlett and Waite has a good year at their new clubs, and Higgins made the AA Squad. Yarran could be anything if he wants it, less risk than Bennell and will give the club something we haven't had for a while. Has the potential to be a great recruit and the club knows that. I don't want him to be the only guy we chase ths off-season but it's an awesome start. :thumbsu:

I went and had a look at the carlton website to see what steak knives they could throw in if we were to trade our first, but all I could find was a sack of potatoes and a bunch of wooden spoons

Best post I've seen in ages.

I'm good with the Hawks in on this actually. They only have what, #19 ish, to run with yes? Lake and Hale gone, lot of lads getting a little older, not sure Yarran is really what they need. But the Blues get all excited...

And when the Hawks move on, it's our second or leave him in the VFL for a year pulling $450 until he is out of contract and I think RFA next year.

Don't blink Tigers!

I hope we wrestle a very good hawk player from them. They should not be sticking their nose into this. It is clear that Yarran wants to come to Richmond. Why are they bothering? There are unwritten rules about trading and clubs know this. If they want us to stuff up all their potential trades then bring it on!!!

Would you really let Hawthorn get stronger? They're close to 16...You'll lose the only thing you can brag about. Everything else is gone.

Of course. It's not as though we'll be showing any tooth for a few years yet and by that time Hawthorn may be on the down.

Hawthorn don't **** around. If they want something they just go out and get it.............easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you really let Hawthorn get stronger? They're close to 16...You'll lose the only thing you can brag about. Everything else is gone.

I think all other 17 clubs should gang up and refuse to trade with Hawthorn plus next year, tell their players to play as physically as they possibly can against them.

I think all other 17 clubs should gang up and refuse to trade with Hawthorn plus next year, tell their players to play as physically as they possibly can against them.

Didn't the NRL Grand Final have 1 million more viewers than the AFL grand final? People are ****ing sick of Hawthorn. Carlton and Richmond are cancelling each other out, whilst Hawthorn giggle at both of us and swoop in and get stronger for another premiership tilt.

I agree, cut them out. They've won enough, they don't ever give anything good up, Free Agency has worked beautifully for them. I'd personally rather screw Hawthorn than Carlton.

Didn't the NRL Grand Final have 1 million more viewers than the AFL grand final? People are ******* sick of Hawthorn. Carlton and Richmond are cancelling each other out, whilst Hawthorn giggle at both of us and swoop in and get stronger for another premiership tilt.

I agree, cut them out. They've won enough, they don't ever give anything good up, Free Agency has worked beautifully for them. I'd personally rather screw Hawthorn than Carlton.

Agreed. My hatred of Hawthorn is beginning to exceed that of Carlton. Coming from a Tiger, that means a lot!

Didn't the NRL Grand Final have 1 million more viewers than the AFL grand final? People are ******* sick of Hawthorn. Carlton and Richmond are cancelling each other out, whilst Hawthorn giggle at both of us and swoop in and get stronger for another premiership tilt.

It starts off like that but if Hawthorn handed over their first and Hartung for Astbury, you'd be all over it.

They're the kings right now and can do as they wish...........but even that has a time-line attached. Nothing good lasts forever.

I hope we wrestle a very good hawk player from them. They should not be sticking their nose into this. It is clear that Yarran wants to come to Richmond. Why are they bothering? There are unwritten rules about trading and clubs know this. If they want us to stuff up all their potential trades then bring it on!!!
Think about it, richmond want to give a 2nd rounder, Cartoon want a 1st rounder, no one else in the race, all of a sudden Hawthorn have made an inquiry, does it not seem a little suss that Carlttons new coach was an assistant coach at hawthorn until very late in the season, get hawthorn to fake interest in an attempt to get us to cough up a 1st rounder.

There is one thing that I cannot work out here.

If Yarran is damaged goods, then why has your club chased him so hard and for so long then ??

C'mon mate, he spent the half the year in the VFL in a wooden spoon team. That's damaged goods in my eyes.

The RFC may rate him. He's a speculative pick for me who may be awesome but he could just as easily do the same thing he's done at Carlton. Was 2014 a one off? Will he have one good year with us and do the same thing? I'm happy to take the risk for a 2nd rounder but not a 1st. We haven't badly stuffed up a first round pick since 2005 (JON). Even though the Conca over Heppell pick was a mistake, it is yet to be seen if it was a complete failure.

If he was being kept out of the Carlton team by a bunch of up and coming guns, then sure. He was being kept out of the team by spuds who tried harder than him.

Yarran is starting 22 every week of the season with us, he will certainly be starting 22 for your mob too.

Why did he only play 14 senior games in 2015? How many VFL games did he play? 6-8-10?

Why did he only play 14 senior games in 2015? How many VFL games did he play? 6-8-10?

I've already answered that elsewhere but I'll do it again for you, played 14 games in the seniors, missed a few games for belting Chappy, was injured for a few and then tailed off at the end of the season after he had been speaking with your administration.

I've already answered that elsewhere but I'll do it again for you, played 14 games in the seniors, missed a few games for belting Chappy, was injured for a few and then tailed off at the end of the season after he had been speaking with your administration.

Let's see how trade week pans out. I understand Carlton fans think a 2nd round pick is unders. I probably agree and maybe you end up with Brisbane's 2nd if we manage to get that for Astbury. But our first or Lennon should NOT be on the table under any circumstances. I would want our recruiting team shown the door if it was.

Let's see how trade week pans out. I understand Carlton fans think a 2nd round pick is unders. I probably agree and maybe you end up with Brisbane's 2nd if we manage to get that for Astbury. But our first or Lennon should NOT be on the table under any circumstances. I would want our recruiting team shown the door if it was.

I genuinely believe Carlton will stand firm on Yarran, he is contracted for next year so he can't just up and walk out to another club. Unfortunately for your mob, we have the whip-hand in this deal because of that contract.

I have said all along that for some weird reason, I can see Yarran ending up at Sydney actually.

Can't wait for Trade Week to see how this one plays out too.

Lmao pick 18 from Hawthorn will use on Henderson if Geelong can't come up something to satisfy Carlton. Hawthorn ready to pounce on Henderson to replace Lake. Yarran is a smoke screen only. Henderson close relative works with me its Geelong or Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back