Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who Carlisle & Aish???

Not worth getting into a bidding war for, certainly not for draft picks.

I'll stick with Weitering, and the gift in the PSD.
Who are you thinking via the PSD Stig ?

For a then 24 year old, AA, club B+F, gun midfielder. Yeah, I do actually. It's called valuing your assets, something we could learn from. Ask Brisbane are they happy with it & I dare say the answer would be a resounding yes.
How many games did Beams play this year before he got injured?

How many games did Crisp play over the course of the year?

Then ask if Brisvegas really thinks that it was a worthwhile trade?

Who Carlisle & Aish???

Not worth getting into a bidding war for, certainly not for draft picks.

I'll stick with Weitering, and the gift in the PSD.
Just to prove a point ;)

The PSD hasn't provided the bottom side with anyone of substance for over 10 years.

That said I'm not having a dig at my fellow supporters. It's great that we're so hopeful. I can't wait to see if the club produces something that validates our hope.

Treloar has a lot more upside than Beams IMO. More years to go. Value should be a lot higher and I cannot see Pies trading #5, 25 and a player of the collier of Crisp. At best they will offer this years first and next years first.
Again, all opinions. I think Treloar is a gun with at times iffy disposal. Beams has certainly proved more & is only 25. 2 first rounders is enough for just about anyone. Crisp was thrown in as steak knives as 25 was a little low for the 2nd of the picks IMO. Doubt the Lions thought he'd have a season like he did this year.

Just to prove a point ;)

The PSD hasn't provided the bottom side with anyone of substance for over 10 years.

That said I'm not having a dig at my fellow supporters. It's great that we're so hopeful. I can't wait to see if the club produces something that validates our hope.

Rockcliff would disagree .....

Just to prove a point ;)

Too many clubs are trying to top-up, and it costs them too much at the trading table.

I'm going squinty eyed over Treloar, but geebers he hits the ball 3 metres high and it goes 55 metres in a straight line off both feet.

We stick tight, offer the big bucks................into the PSD.

Really? We're doing injuries & hindsight now are we?

I forgot Beams is 35, not 25, and will be retiring next year.

And, please tell, how were Brisbane to know Crisp would have such a great year? He'd done nothing up there & I watch a lot of Lions games.

How many games did Greenwood play this year? That pick was part of the deal was it not? Works both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blah blah blah

Maybe I'm overreacting

Blah blah blah

Your words, not mine. Challenge my opinions all you like, I'm wrong more often than not. It can be done in a respectful manner though.

Let's revisit this in 3 weeks. If SOS plays a blinder, I'll be as happy as anyone. I'll also happily put my hand up for going early & being wrong. Until then, I'll continue to ask questions & be sceptical. Maybe that's just my nature.
That's fine mate, we need people like that. Skeptics challenge people, but you need to be prepared to cop the return fire. Maybe that's just my nature too ;)

People can say what they want about Carlton supporters on Bigfooty but we're certainly an optimistic bunch this time of year. On the day two of our biggest trade targets rejected us we still think we're getting all the top shelf talent.

Hey, all today has done is convince me that we will get said players even cheaper / for free once the other clubs' negotiations break down.

What a wonderful day to be a Carlton supporter!

;)

Beams is in the top 10 midfielders in the comp. Kicks goals,wins plenty of ball, marks over head & elite kick. Can't compare the two

Treloar has a lot more upside than Beams IMO. More years to go. Value should be a lot higher and I cannot see Pies trading #5, 25 and a player of the collier of Crisp. At best they will offer this years first and next years first.
they are offering this years first and next years second. Which won't get the deal done IMO

My fear about Treloar is the club might be tempted to part with pick 1 for a package for him and maybe Tomlinson.

Can't afford to part no 1 pick for a mid, no matter how good he is, given how Weitering fills such a need for us.

The club is hopeful of picking up a bargain in the PSD. Aish, Carlisle & Treloar all high chances of falling through at this stage. All three were strongly considering Carlton as a suitor at some point this year, and so future retention should be more likely.
Plus Lennon:):cool::D:straining::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back