Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no chance of Carlisle & Treloar falling into the PSD........hilarious stuff.

Agreed. Only hope would be Aish, but I expect the high horse attitudes will be sorted out at some point.

Agree also. Only thing going for us is that their seems to be an extraordinary amount of player movement this year... and the trade period hasn't even officially begun! There is hope!

I am still not sold on this Aish thing yet... Couldn't he nominate the National Draft over the PSD? Or is the thinking the Pies just won't have the pick?

My fear about Treloar is the club might be tempted to part with pick 1 for a package for him and maybe Tomlinson.

Can't afford to part no 1 pick for a mid, no matter how good he is, given how Weitering fills such a need for us.

Disagree DVB.

I am salivating over JW, and am very protective of pick 1 in general and for that reason.

But objectively a top level mid and a mid level forward are worth more than an elite CHB.

if you look at established players (ignoring ages) rather than kids. It might be: hannebery and bruest vs harry Taylor.

I'd take the two over Taylor (and I love me harry Taylor).

Same applies to the kids. And don't forget as amazing as weitering sounds, he ain't as proven as Treloar (or to a lesser extent compared to tomlinson).

Disagree DVB.

I am salivating over JW, and am very protective of pick 1 in general and for that reason.

But objectively a top level mid and a mid level forward are worth more than an elite CHB.

if you look at established players (ignoring ages) rather than kids. It might be: hannebery and bruest vs harry Taylor.

I'd take the two over Taylor (and I love me harry Taylor).

Same applies to the kids. And don't forget as amazing as weitering sounds, he ain't as proven as Treloar (or to a lesser extent compared to tomlinson).
Still wouldn't trade pick 1 for Treloar and Tomlinson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still wouldn't trade pick 1 for Treloar and Tomlinson.

Fair enough Dram. I'd be more than happy with JW too.

Plus I'd rather load up on cheap kids 'organically' than pay to import. Better in the long run.

Probably contradicted myself there. But still think that Treloar and Tomlinson would be 'worth more' than a 17yo kid, no matter how promising that kid is.

Although its only a man with a very dodgy reputation, Terry Wallace thinks if Lennon leaves Richmond it will be in the PSD, and bot a trade.

Now, if its a choice between Lennon and Aish in the PSD, we take Lennon surely ??

Although its only a man with a very dodgy reputation, Terry Wallace thinks if Lennon leaves Richmond it will be in the PSD, and bot a trade.

Now, if its a choice between Lennon and Aish in the PSD, we take Lennon surely ??

Based purely on football ability, I think aish would be the higher rated player, with higher upside. Plus has shown more at AFL level (2014). So nod goes to aish.

Would only choose Lennon on other factors, such as if he wanted to come and aish was reluctant.

Weeties better be a very very good footballer then.
We havent had a proper general type in the defensive line since SOS retired. Thornton tried to be the general, but usually he just came along as petulant with his shouting at his team mates for things that had already happened. He was never one to shout out and give instructions. Jamison seems to be more of a Thornton type as well... without the abuse.

I feel that Weitering is going to be that general type person guiding his team mates to their targets to defend against the ball coming in. This is what the club needs more than a great mid and forward. Someone to stabilise the defense.

Based purely on football ability, I think aish would be the higher rated player, with higher upside. Plus has shown more at AFL level (2014). So nod goes to aish.

Would only choose Lennon on other factors, such as if he wanted to come and aish was reluctant.

I strongly feel there is a more of a potential match winner in Lennon, than your more traditional accumulator in Aish.

Lennon would definitely be more receptive to play for us than Aish as well, which is another tick. Would be either though.

I strongly feel there is a more of a potential match winner in Lennon, than your more traditional accumulator in Aish.

Lennon would definitely be more receptive to play for us than Aish as well, which is another tick. Would be either though.
I'd be surprised if you've seen more than 5 minutes of actual time either of these two guys have played in their careers.

You wouldn't recognise them if they sat next to you on the bus.

I feel that Weitering is going to be that general type person guiding his team mates to their targets to defend against the ball coming in. This is what the club needs more than a great mid and forward. Someone to stabilise the defense.

That's some big responsibility on the shoulders of a 17yo kid. I've seen phantom drafts suggesting he'll be a 300 game player but I take those with a pinch of salt.

That said, I think Tomlinson is a handy player but only 'depth' in GWS terms. Treloar would be useful.

That's some big responsibility on the shoulders of a 17yo kid. I've seen phantom drafts suggesting he'll be a 300 game player but I take those with a pinch of salt.

That said, I think Tomlinson is a handy player but only 'depth' in GWS terms. Treloar would be useful.
DocSherrin has told me and zeeCFC on twitter that Tomlinson is locked in to come to Carlton anyway along with Plowman and the others.

It's not that complex when the negotiator is capable of seeing the bigger picture and doesn't trade just toward some perceived individual win but for a mutual one. Why? Because people love coming back to those that appreciate both sides of the argument and work towards a win/win.

Easy to say but hard to do but some can do it..............the really smart operators.

A win win is just a strategy not the ONLY strategy Mr Harker...
I don't hear much win win thoughts expressed in these forums...anyway...human nature my friend - human nature;)

DocSherrin has told me and zeeCFC on twitter that Tomlinson is locked in to come to Carlton anyway along with Plowman and the others.
Would be satisfied if we turn the Hendo trade into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back