Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit, I was sceptical of bringing Worsfold in for a number of reasons, but since his appointment every word the bloke has uttered and the manner in which he conducts himself has just been superb.

Exudes a calm authority and confidence. Reckon our players will be under no illusion who is in charge, which to be honest I think is a good thing for the club.

Also in the very brief conversation I had with him, seemed very approachable and genuine.

Gotta say, am a fan.

Must admit, I was sceptical of bringing Worsfold in for a number of reasons, but since his appointment every word the bloke has uttered and the manner in which he conducts himself has just been superb.

Exudes a calm authority and confidence. Reckon our players will be under no illusion who is in charge, which to be honest I think is a good thing for the club.

Also in the very brief conversation I had with him, seemed very approachable and genuine.

Gotta say, am a fan.
And, as much as it hurts a bit, the fact he said there was no position for Fletch shows where we are headed as a club.

Gotta say, am a fan.

What was the source of your skepticism?
Agreed he hasn't put a foot wrong thus far, however the jury is still out regarding his match day ability. I.e. is his game plan obsolete.

What was the source of your skepticism?
Agreed he hasn't put a foot wrong thus far, however the jury is still out regarding his match day ability. I.e. is his game plan obsolete.

1) We 'fired' a coach (and FFS if anyone tells me he resigned just check my signature for easy reference) for not adequately monitoring a program that may or may not have been legal. We then replaced him with a coach that was occupying that role when the worst drug culture in the history of the game was unravelling. Different? Yes. But also similar.....
2) Has more recently 'won' a wooden spoon than a flag.

Anyone have any theory as to why they couldn't find a position for Fletch? I'm disappointed.
There we better people in place for the role?

We all love Fletch, let's not continue giving jobs to the lads just because of the jumper they wore though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any theory as to why they couldn't find a position for Fletch? I'm disappointed.

Because he didn't apply for any of the available roles?

Look I love Fletch, but if he wants to coach he needs to look at the roles available.

Wouldn't be the worst thing for him to coach elsewhere if he wants to, maybe start at the AIS or something similar.

Because he didn't apply for any of the available roles?

Look I love Fletch, but if he wants to coach he needs to look at the roles available.

Wouldn't be the worst thing for him to coach elsewhere if he wants to, maybe start at the AIS or something similar.
Ah fair enough. I read an article that said he was disappointed that he didn't get a role so naturally assumed he'd actually applied!

Be good for Fletcher to take sometime away from footy during the week for a year.

400 games 70 preseasons, and 8million training sessions as a player, have a break man..

Best thing for his development as a coach is to ply his trade at a number of different clubs and absorb a range of ideas and methods. No guarantee he'll be good enough to be a senior coach, but I'd be much happier with him coming back to coach Essendon if he's done his time elsewhere first. Get the boys club stuff out of the system.

Best thing for his development as a coach is to ply his trade at a number of different clubs and absorb a range of ideas and methods. No guarantee he'll be good enough to be a senior coach, but I'd be much happier with him coming back to coach Essendon if he's done his time elsewhere first. Get the boys club stuff out of the system.

Worsfold has come in and shaken up the joint the club has become a laughing stock on/off the field it stops now.

geeze he's an impressive human is woosh.

Hird was exceptionally eloquent, Worsfold is that, but more message driven, he's going to be drilling things into the group every minute for the next 6 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back