Senior 30. Charlie Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the interview post-draft, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments stuballs - bloody embarassing from the media. Kid answered the question the first time and they kept coming back to it... at least it'll make him stronger and help build resilience.

So stoked to have him on board.

Curnow getting grilled by the media and embarrassed on TV might be a super reality check for him - and ensure he doesn't screw up again.

Very painful now - but maybe a good outcome long term!

To be honest, I haven't even looked at one of his vids yet because with all the rave reviews about him through the year I thought that he would be long gone before our second pick.
I thought that with GC losing both Dixon and Bennell they would surely pick him.
Great pick up for us. I am hoping that he plays more as a forward than a mid.
McKay and Curnow, with help from maybe Jaksch and Silvagni - that's a good young group to build around.
Casboult has 2 years left with us at the most unless he really steps up and produces 40+ goals next year.

We will be the "family" club before long with the Curnow and Silvagni brothers.
All we need now is the other McKay!

Welcome aboard Charlie
Curnow was pitching the "go-home" factor to interstate clubs, hence GC and Adelaide didn't take him... I knew we had him at 11 once we got to our second pick and he was still available.

Curnow was pitching the "go-home" factor to interstate clubs, hence GC and Adelaide didn't take him... I knew we had him at 11 once we got to our second pick and he was still available.
We have to keep Ed around now just to make sure he wants to stay at the club lol. Luckily Ed is always around the top 5 in the B&F.....

Was talk he could have gone as high as 3 or 4. Huge get by the footy club.
My mates dad who is a recruiter for a victorian based club but is a dees supporter told me last night that he wished the dees had grabbed him at pick 4 as he will be a gun.

He is usually pretty spot on as well.

My mates dad who is a recruiter for a victorian based club but is a dees supporter told me last night that he wished the dees had grabbed him at pick 4 as he will be a gun.

Good stuff, now let's hope he has a growth spurt.

I know but we also had Melbourne and Essendon to worry about.
It's probably a good thing that Oliver was the bolter.
Glad we never got Francis.
Bolton may have delivered our Franklin/Roughead combo.
Whether they turn out that good or not, we will still have a very mobile forward line that can all take contested marks and kick goals.

Thats a huge call.
Very happy we ended up with him with our 3rd pick.

Thats a huge call.
Very happy we ended up with him with our 3rd pick.
Yeah it is but he is usually spot on with his predictions. We usually catch up around christmas time and discuss the blues drafting.

In the past he was adamant Kane Lucas and Steven Browne were not going to make it. Thought Mitch Robinson would be a handy player but never a star.
Was a big, big wrap for Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it is but he is usually spot on with his predictions. We usually catch up around christmas time and discuss the blues drafting.

In the past he was adamant Kane Lucas and Steven Browne were not going to make it. Thought Mitch Robinson would be a handy player but never a star.
Was a big, big wrap for Cripps
He's got a pretty good strike rate then.

I can't see him becoming besties with Weitering.

They seem like two very different cats.
Indeed. Weitering and Kreuz on the other hand...

I can't see him becoming besties with Weitering.

They seem like two very different cats.

Could be a good thing having curnows more outgoing and lad personality in the group. From what I've seen and read, Weitering is straight as an arrow and always serious, McKay is middle ground talks alright and has a laugh but pretty quiet and Cunningham is a bit reserved.

As a former drinkdriver,it's an easy lesson to learn from once presented in front of a Magistrate.
You do,you present and move on.
Welcome beast of brother beast,a very welcome addition and a steal with a third pick.
Another CC can never be scoffed at in the blue!.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back