Prediction Maynard a sneaky Rising Star chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hate this award, it seems to always go to a player from a bottom four type team. But anyway...

He's stuck on 9 games, entering his second pre-season. His body size is clearly AFL ready, whether he's got the fitness to run games (and the season) out is the question.

He'll probably need to play 20 games to be a chance, so that's probably what it rides on. But at $81 on Sportsbet, I like those odds. Worth a small bet, for mine. To put that in perspective, Goodyear is on $51 which I feel is far less a chance than Brayden.

In my opinion, his biggest competition is probably Hopper at $15, Petracca $6.50 and someone like a Connor Blakely $41. But of those, only Blakely has played a game - just the one.

For the record, Sier, Crocker and Phillips are on $151, Darcy Moore $11 and Marsh $41.

Sier, Crocker and Phillips probably all struggle to play many games between them next year. Marsh probably gets his chance through the VFL again after his hammy, although if he plays more than 15, he definitely could give it a shake. And Moore in my opinion wouldn't be dominant enough yet to be a chance, he's not Hogan yet.

Not sure if posting links to betting sites is allowed but check here for more odds.

Who is Bruzzy?

He's that 2016 first round pick that Obese Arachnid was spruiking

5VPqK8ou25acbJIX_EREHUcatjSYdNMqJoN0wJCw7vRRi9rDhcZzHVZcukT6Lk54LMy1jDeF=w320-h180-nc

Don't rate Maynard yet. It's good to pump games and experience into him, but I haven't really seen much of him to be confident that'll he'll succeed as a defender and will be an All-Australian in the future. Still need more to see.
I'm not saying he's going to be an AA, but if you haven't seen anything in his 9 games to suggest he's not going to be a very solid player, you have to look a little harder IMO. That mark running back with the flight is a little indication.

Don't rate Maynard yet. It's good to pump games and experience into him, but I haven't really seen much of him to be confident that'll he'll succeed as a defender and will be an All-Australian in the future. Still need more to see.
You need to watch more footy then. He's shown just as much as the likes of De Goey and Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to watch more footy then. He's shown just as much as the likes of De Goey and Moore.
Let's not get carried away here.... I'm a big wrap for him, but I don't think he's quite managed to show as much as those two boys yet...

Let's not get carried away here.... I'm a big wrap for him, but I don't think he's quite managed to show as much as those two boys yet...
Yeah, perhaps I did get a bit carried away but how someone can say he hasn't shown enough to suggest he'll succeed is beyond me. Had a very good debut season, good VFL form and surprised many by playing 9 senior games. Must be doing something right.

I'll be leaving with him:p

And is it Buzzy or Bruzzy?
Some seem confused
Or even "What is a Bruzzy?"

Bruzzy means Brother, not so much you're actual brother, but more like a mate who is a brother. It's just a word that has kind of developed through the sheer laziness of my generation (although the word Bruzzy has the same amount of syllables and almost as many letters as the original word).

Brother > Bro > Brah > Bruz > Bruzzy.

I won't lie, all of these words are infrequently part of my vocabulary :p

I don't know how Brayden got the nickname, my guess would be that it's simply because of the 'Br' sound at the start of both words.

Would be interested to hear other theories, but I'm fairly confident that's where it's stemmed from.

Last edited:

Don't get too carried away. He could be a fine player, but I just haven't seen much more promise to any other youngster at any club getting consistent games. Most, if not all clubs have good youngsters.

Speaking of which, Moore hasn't done that much either to prove he'll a premier tall forward.

Sorry, umm...is that the door? ok, I'll show myself out......worse f**king party I've even been to
It appears as though I am the minority, not you, you may stay if you wish. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back