Prediction Maynard a sneaky Rising Star chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore's willingness to hit a contest, speed, good marking, and accurate goal kicking were all on display this year. Former great forwards in Carey, Lyon, Dunstall and Richardson were all raving about him by the end of the year saying he will be a superstar and easily the best tall forward of his years draft.

He's done enough to prove he will be up there with the best.
Don't forget Ricky Nixon was also singing his praises ;)

Let's not get carried away here.... I'm a big wrap for him, but I don't think he's quite managed to show as much as those two boys yet...

I think he's shown as much as Moore IMO. Both not being consistent but both showing that their strengths will stand up at the top level. De Goey shown he can grab a hold of games for periods so he's clearly ahead.

I think he's shown as much as Moore IMO. Both not being consistent but both showing that their strengths will stand up at the top level. De Goey shown he can grab a hold of games for periods so he's clearly ahead.

Moore showed he can also Grab a Hold of a Game. Did it vs Dogs with 3 Goals and Late in the Bombers game. Just not Finished off vs Dons

Maynard no chance imo
It will to either a forward in Moore or a midfielder
Unless Moore has a Hogan-esqe type year next year it won't happen. It's 99% a midfielders award, gone the same way as the Brownlow.

Unless Moore has a Hogan-esqe type year next year it won't happen. It's 99% a midfielders award, gone the same way as the Brownlow.

A forward and a defender have won it in the past 4 years though.

If he starts kicking a few goals he is every chance, it's mostly generated through media hype and the kid will get lots of attention.

Well, I guess his chances of playing 20 games just improved slightly. If he does you'd assume it's because he's ironed out some of his weaknesses. We badly need someone to step up and help solidify that week-in, week-out back six.

I hate this award, it seems to always go to a player from a bottom four type team. But anyway...

He's stuck on 9 games, entering his second pre-season. His body size is clearly AFL ready, whether he's got the fitness to run games (and the season) out is the question.

He'll probably need to play 20 games to be a chance, so that's probably what it rides on. But at $81 on Sportsbet, I like those odds. Worth a small bet, for mine. To put that in perspective, Goodyear is on $51 which I feel is far less a chance than Brayden.

In my opinion, his biggest competition is probably Hopper at $15, Petracca $6.50 and someone like a Connor Blakely $41. But of those, only Blakely has played a game - just the one.

For the record, Sier, Crocker and Phillips are on $151, Darcy Moore $11 and Marsh $41.

Sier, Crocker and Phillips probably all struggle to play many games between them next year. Marsh probably gets his chance through the VFL again after his hammy, although if he plays more than 15, he definitely could give it a shake. And Moore in my opinion wouldn't be dominant enough yet to be a chance, he's not Hogan yet.

Not sure if posting links to betting sites is allowed but check here for more odds.
Based on today's performance he deserves to get delisted I'm not sure about a rising star award. He was putrid!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is awful.
He is too slow to play this game. He doesn't even have a neat sidestep to make up for it and give himself that extra bit of time.
Can't defend either. Blows up far too quickly when you move him around.

He isn't of standard and the fact that he still has played 2 games this season when his entire pre season form was awful is a joke.

I didn't think he was that bad. He just makes a couple of glaring mistakes every game that stand out. I like his aggression and I reckon there is a good player in him. I think he will improve with experience.

For a player who allegedly ran 2.98 for the 20m at the combine he seems awfully slow. He doesn't deserve to play seniors at the moment but I can understand the desire to get games into him while we're so uncompetitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back