Other Johnny Manziel - Outlaw Bloodlines ©

Remove this Banner Ad

We're desperate to have a QB and not go to the draft. Shame because i think thats a given now and will mean another three years wasted.
Agree . Although I've been forgiving of his human foibles, like drinking etc, what I'm less forgiving of is the way, at least in my perception, he engineered a situation where Cleveland have now to be rid of him.

I can understand Cleveland may not be Dallas and it appears the local press was against him but in his position he should leave on a high, not a low.

Can't say it enough fella's...never has so much been made over a player who so completely produced nothing....

Never wanted you...am glad you are on your way out...and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Now as far as a few other items--He can not be cut as rosters are firmly in place for all teams until the day after the Super Bowl.

I do think JJ will be dumb enough to offer the Browns compensation for him.

Will enjoy reading the posts from the guys next season whose team this sideshow act lands on. Yes, I will indeed. ;)

Can't say it enough fella's...never has so much been made over a player who so completely produced nothing....

Never wanted you...am glad you are on your way out...and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Now as far as a few other items--He can not be cut as rosters are firmly in place for all teams until the day after the Super Bowl.

I do think JJ will be dumb enough to offer the Browns compensation for him.

Will enjoy reading the posts from the guys next season whose team this sideshow act lands on. Yes, I will indeed. ;)
My view has soured of him not because of his drinking but because I reckon he put the queue in the rack ....

My view has soured of him not because of his drinking but because I reckon he put the queue in the rack ....

I think people give him too much credit. I am not in the clubs these days as a 44 year old hanging out with 20 somethings is just creepy/sad but I have heard enough from reliable sources that he is quite the party boy. Quite the party boy. (read into that what you will)

His lifestyle may have greased the skids finally but it was merely coincidental and not really intentional in my opinion.

I think people give him too much credit. I am not in the clubs these days as a 44 year old hanging out with 20 somethings is just creepy/sad but I have heard enough from reliable sources that he is quite the party boy. Quite the party boy. (read into that what you will)

His lifestyle may have greased the skids finally but it was merely coincidental and not really intentional in my opinion.
A chicken and egg argument. He's put the cue in the rack and therefore goes out or vice versa.

Either way, he doesn't want to be in Cleveland and vice versa....

A chicken and egg argument. He's put the cue in the rack and therefore goes out or vice versa.

Either way, he doesn't want to be in Cleveland and vice versa....

Perhaps..but he won't stop his.... ummm habits...by simply going to Dallas. Not like he is all of a sudden going to step aside from the rolled up $20's. If anything, I suspect it will be worse.

Perhaps..but he won't stop his.... ummm habits...by simply going to Dallas. Not like he is all of a sudden going to step aside from the rolled up $20's. If anything, I suspect it will be worse.
At Dallas though his habits will be sensible compared to some. They've always liked their bad boys, Cleveland less so.

At Dallas though his habits will be sensible compared to some. They've always liked their bad boys, Cleveland less so.

Oh we like bad boys if they can play....see, Albert Belle. In fact, we love them.

I just don't think he can play and his habits won't help him when the party circuit goes up 150% in the Big D.

We're desperate to have a QB and not go to the draft. Shame because i think thats a given now and will mean another three years wasted.
If only that were true.

On a side-note, heard a stat last night that explains a lot. The Browns have had more head coaches since 2011 than the Steelers have had since 1969.

If only that were true.

On a side-note, heard a stat last night that explains a lot. The Browns have had more head coaches since 2011 than the Steelers have had since 1969.

It is a bit of a disingenuous stat...as from 1946 thru 1970 the Browns had 2 head coaches and the Squeelers had a gazillion.

Get the right people in you have stability...get the wrong ones and you have continual turnover. ;)

If only that were true.

And the browns have fired the last 5 head coaches in the division, the last non browns HC fired in the AFC north was Brian Billick at the Ravens in 2007.

The browns need to restructure the whole franchise from the Owner to GM and down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. So are you inferring that he is a cokehead? How bad are we talking here?

I love the bloke, will probably get looked down on here but he is one of the blokes who got me into the sport. But even I'm starting to see he's ******* everything up. The reddit boys (yes I had a look) seem to say all the millennials can sympathise and relate with him, whereas the older guys tend to not take much of his crap.

I love the bloke, will probably get looked down on here but he is one of the blokes who got me into the sport. But even I'm starting to see he's ******* everything up. The reddit boys (yes I had a look) seem to say all the millennials can sympathise and relate with him, whereas the older guys tend to not take much of his crap.
He polarised and continues to polarise people.

He polarised and continues to polarise people.

Dont like him and never thought he would turn into a star NFL QB ever (cause he is a rich brat, nothing to do with talent) but...

Honestly, i think the fact he was taken in the first round has completely ruined him. People all of a sudden had an expectation on him being some sort of saviour (some like AC were far to wise for this school of thought though).. If he was taken in the 3rd round would he be seen as such a failure? I doubt it, people would have recognised his talent but would have said he was drafted in the late second/early third round correctly because of his immaturity/drinking/partying issues and he was a risk of never growing up.

The fact that he can't grow up or refuses has nothing to do with his talent but has everything to do with a person who plays his position. You need someone with their head screwed on to be a QB or at the very least to be respected.

Cam is a perfect example of what Johnny could and should aim for personality wise, you can be utensil head at times and act like a fool, but keep yourself in order off the field, start up some charities, donate your time to your community, give up the drink, get your body right, get the respect of your teammates, put in the work in the pre-season to make yourself better each year.

You can still act like an immature punk, but take your job seriously and earn some respect with what you do both on and off the field first. The noise about immaturity tends to disappear once you have the runs on the board and people respect what you can do and bring to a team and a city.

If he can't stay off the drink and the whizz fizz there isn't much chance for him though unfortunately, mummy and daddy gave him too many cuddles growing up when they would have been wiser to belt the living s**t out of him from time to time, he seems to know it all and is determined to do it his way.

Last edited:
Will he very interesting to see how he behaves at his next team. Like others have said, its clear that he has delbieratley paved his way out of the browns. He essentially gets to choose his next team, that alone could change his behaviors

Not really infering anything that hasn't already been out there which is why I stated that. There are pictures of him in a club bathroom with rolled up $20.

All I can confirm is he likes to party his ass off whenever he can according to people who would know.

I liked to have fun when I was in my 20's to but I was not a professional athlete. I think us older guys tend to see him as a poser to use a dated term. We kinda see thru the act and see a guy that knows he can't be what people want him to be in the NFL.

Johnny should have stayed in school. If I didn't know any better I would wager Texas A&M "encouraged" him to move along.

Look he is a turkey but if you think A&M wanted him to leave you are kidding yourself

They would if they thought keeping him in school would put them on probation for a loooong time.

I bet there was a sizeable faction at A&M that didn't shed tears.

I get he was a moneymaker and got them a stadium upgrade,etc...

But not like he could get any more built and they knew they weren't ever gonna win the SEC.

Id be astonished if Dallas pick him up. Surely Jerry's son will just say....no f*****g way daddy!

Give me Hoyer and even Weeden ahead of him anytime. Ryan Lindley?..........ok I'll think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back