BBL|05 Semi Final 1 - Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder @ Adelaide Oval

Winner is...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am happy the Thunder won and wanted them to win.

I do feel at least the top team deserves a double chance. The only practical way is using the IPL format.

With the IPL it makes perfect sense to do this as the season is 14 games.

With the WBBL season being 14 games, it could justify the use of this model for both BBL and WBBL.

Would the strikers have chosen to play in Sydney if they had the option to select where to play?

Nope. They didn't lose at home, they know the pitch better than any other side.

Their top order failed and it cost the competiton.
Where they play has nothing to do with the argument, it's about rewarding finishing top 2 with a 2nd chance, as the 4th team usually wins 2-3 less games than 1st and 2nd but can waltz into the final with one good performance.

I am happy the Thunder won and wanted them to win.

I do feel at least the top team deserves a double chance. The only practical way is using the IPL format.

With the IPL it makes perfect sense to do this as the season is 14 games.

With the WBBL season being 14 games, it could justify the use of this model for both BBL and WBBL.
I think we may have to wait until the next TV rights deal. I want the IPL system implemented too but it's an extra game and I suspect this has to be taken into account also.

It is what it is (hit n' giggle tournament with the appropriate hit n' giggle finals system) but that aside I think they shot themselves in the foot dropping Dean, Jayawardene should of come in for Lehmann.

Not the way Australian sports work

I like the cutthroat nature of finals systems. I also recognise that the best performed team for the year doesn't always win. Playing the game at the highest teams home ground should enough of an advantage. That there is no distinct advantage playing at home is only because all the pitches are the same these days. The pitches at each ground used to be unique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is what it is (hit n' giggle tournament with the appropriate hit n' giggle finals system) but that aside I think they shot themselves in the foot dropping Dean, Jayawardene should of come in for Lehmann.

Was a massive surprise they dropped Dean personally. As a Thunder fan I was happy that was the case.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Dean moves to another team next season. It sucks that Ludeman in the keeper, because there is no way he keeps his spot as a batsman.

Thunder's batting line up is incredible - especially if they get kallis back

Niccolls goes out though, and I'd almost prefer him playing than Kallis. Watson is a million times better as an opener than a middle order bat!

Khawaja looks so smooth when batting and effortless when hitting boundaries. Reminds me of vvs laxman.

A bit of the David Gower about him, just effortless power.

Normally a player who has scored 100*, 50, 100* in 3 t20 games would be in at least the t20 side. I call shenanigans on mark Waugh as aus selector and thunder selector/owner/ceo/whatever he is

Who is missing out? S.Marsh is in blistering limited overs form too...and our top side is set (in terms of the top 7). They won't replace Mitch Marsh with a pure bat, need bowling options.

Back