BBL|05 Semi Final 1 - Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder @ Adelaide Oval

Winner is...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Or thunder cheerleader.

I dont mind impartial commentators if they add something to the commentary, but Waugh is a flog when commentating thunder games. Shouldnt be rostered to do any thunder games next year.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Dean moves to another team next season. It sucks that Ludeman in the keeper, because there is no way he keeps his spot as a batsman.
Even if Dean only lasts 3 or 4 overs you are generally gonna be going at 10 or more an over & not be on the backfoot runrate wise. T'was a bad call

Strikers outclassed by the better team and in particular one man took the game away from them but also outclassed by themselves. No idea why they rate putland, a one ball wonder he is, would've given west a chance wasn't that bad apart from the obvious full toss to Chris Gayle the other night. Banking on one bloke to be able to keep and bat for the whole tournament when he is over rated and also making a bad choice with leaving dean out, sure you could say jayawardene has a ton of international experience and you want him in the team but if someone had to miss it should've been Lehmann due to the inexperience factor

Or thunder cheerleader.

I dont mind impartial commentators if they add something to the commentary, but Waugh is a flog when commentating thunder games. Shouldnt be rostered to do any thunder games next year.

No worse than Fleming commentating the Stars, or especially Ponting commentating Hurricanes games.

I have said it again and again. Commentators shouldn't commentate their teams. It isn't hard.

Yes, it's been a farce ever since the competition started. Do you not agree that a fairer system would be rewarding 1st and 2nd with a second chance?

Not really - perhaps if every team played each other an equal amount of times

The only reason a second chance is talked about is because you get one in footy

There was no second chance in the semi finals of the World Cup cricket

There was group stage for qualifying / and then it is knockout in finals

Many tournaments operate that way

No worse than Fleming commentating the Stars, or especially Ponting commentating Hurricanes games.

I have said it again and again. Commentators shouldn't commentate their teams. It isn't hard.

Waugh is by far the worst in this regard. At least flem and ponting commentate somewhat properly when their teams are on. Waugh just resorts to being a fan in the crowd. He added nothing to the coverage tonight.

Waugh is by far the worst in this regard. At least flem and ponting commentate somewhat properly when their teams are on. Waugh just resorts to being a fan in the crowd. He added nothing to the coverage tonight.

Not saying Junior is good, I find Ponting horrid when the Hurricanes are on though. He's a cheerleader.

Where they play has nothing to do with the argument, it's about rewarding finishing top 2 with a 2nd chance, as the 4th team usually wins 2-3 less games than 1st and 2nd but can waltz into the final with one good performance.
The 3rd and 4th team has to beat the opposition away and if it gets rained out the higher team goes through without a ball bowled.

That is a pretty good advantage for a top two finish.

I'm a Thunder fan and even I feel it is a ridiculous system.

The worst thing is a team can come 3rd and HOST the final....to me that is just plain wrong. Top 2 side should host the final, period.

but Waugh is a flog when commentating thunder games. Shouldnt be rostered to do any thunder games next year.
Yes yes yes
Just rubbing salt in the wounds with his silent and non silent supporting, especially when the footage is played in ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Thunder fan and even I feel it is a ridiculous system.

The worst thing is a team can come 3rd and HOST the final....to me that is just plain wrong. Top 2 side should host the final, period.

Yep happened once when 3rd Perth played 4th Hobart in 2014. Now another stars choke from it happening again. Hopefully this system will be fixed next season , CA are considering changes last I heard.

The 3rd and 4th team has to beat the opposition away and if it gets rained out the higher team goes through without a ball bowled.

That is a pretty good advantage for a top two finish.
As I've mentioned a few times now, with all the pitches basically identical these days, home ground advantage is minimal. There is certainly no fear factor to traveling.

I'm not sure how the rain thing is remotely relevant when it's a Summer sport and rain is unlikely.

This. Standard format. 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3 and the winners play off in the final.

As for the Thunder only winning 4 games and making the finals, they've missed Usman through international duties for a fair chunk of the season. He is 4th on the list for most runs scored having played only 3 matches, the other guys in the top 5 have all played 8 or 9. obviously the Thunder are a much better team when he is playing, hence they won their first couple with him and then lost a few in a row without him. Having teams lose players to international duty is going to distort the form and the results of the domestic competition a bit. So much so i don't think you can make the finals system "fairer" by playing around with the draw.

Not really - perhaps if every team played each other an equal amount of times

The only reason a second chance is talked about is because you get one in footy

I certainly think each team should play each other twice. Given how successful it's been for CA, stretching it to 2 months is surely a consideration.

Back