Remove this Banner Ad

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Yet another thread? :oops:

Just thought we didn't need opposition fans stinking up the training discussion thread.

The spelling mistake in thread title was intentional!

I don't recall seeing a dedicated super coach thread so, would j glass mcCasker and jed lamb be expected to play games constantly. Good options to raise there price for resell later on?
Glass McC no.

Lamb maybe.

Supercoach4.jpg

My team at the moment, this isn't the original team i started with today, Odds are i will change it 304823482348 times before the season starts.

just say it's a rough copy of a rough copy of a rough copy.

View attachment 210199

My team at the moment, this isn't the original team i started with today, Odds are i will change it 304823482348 times before the season starts.

just say it's a rough copy of a rough copy of a rough copy.

I'd suggest getting rid of Jamison, MacKenzie, Glass-McCasker, Taberner, Thomas and Kennedy-Harris.

Last edited:
Took awhile but reckon this is a good first draft that will no doubt change throughout the preseason and at the deadline .
Have gone light in the backs as I believe it's easier and cheaper to update in the backs quickly in the first half of season . Get as many guns in the mids and forward as possible first up .
Bartel (mid )Boyd Buckley Otten Byrne Francis (mid) ( Hartley Hibberd (mid) .
Ablett Dangerfield Rockliff McVeigh (def) Liberatore Cripps Kerridge (fwd) Freeman ( Balic (fwd) Cunningham Keays ) .
Martin Natanui ( Naismith ).
Martin( mid) Montagna (mid) Dahlhaus (mid) Franklin Wells (mid) Petracca (mid) (Sumner (mid) Kommer .
Any feedback regarding injuries most welcome .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc, Byrne, Cripps, Cuningham and Kerridge for mine. Doc and Cripps will be set and forget, with the other three I think likely to start round 1 and be cash cows. Will revisit once teams are announced obviously.

I'm going with three premium defenders, four mids, two rucks and three forwards. Normally I would do one or two more, but I think this year there are some quality mid-pricers to select. Have put Liberatore and O'Meara in the middle (like many would, I think) and D. Menzel forward. Menzel is a bit of a gamble, but could pay off as a bit of a point of difference. Only 260k and I think there's every chance he could play a lot like Stevie J and rack up some 100-point games. It's meant I have a bit of flexibility in choosing the rookies and can grab some of the more 'expensive' ones that carry less risk like Francis and Parish for the bombers, Currie as ruck bench etc. Still have $100k remaining salary.

Rightio, I'm on board Blugazi's league as well.

Only a few Blues on my team at this point - Gibbs, Byrne, Kerridge, Cunningham - though I'm keeping an eye on a few others (Smith, Plowman, Phillips, Gorringe).

Would love to have Cripps make an appearance, but I'm going with my head this year. Not sure he represents enough value SC-wise.

I'm in. Doc, Byrne, Cripps, Gibbs, Keg will all most likely be in starting side. Waiting to see what Phillips/cheap ruck options are available in NAB cup then decide what my structure will be and if 2 premo rucks whether I get Goldy or go with a Gawn, Jacobs, NicNat.

Only a few Blues on my team at this point - Gibbs, Byrne, Kerridge, Cunningham - though I'm keeping an eye on a few others (Smith, Plowman, Phillips, Gorringe).

Would love to have Cripps make an appearance, but I'm going with my head this year. Not sure he represents enough value SC-wise.
I was wondering about Cripps, but dead set, if he improves on last year like we all think he will, he should go up in value still, and being a contested ball winner, score some big ones.

With cripps only being 75k more than Gibbs I feel it's a gamble not to have him in your sc side . He could rack up some massive scores this year especially with his clearance work .

I'm in my team is Bully. So far Weitering, Byrne pending elevation, Gibbs, Kerridge, Kruez, Boek and lamb. Was leaning towards Wells instead of Boeks but based on Harks pre season reports I can't leave him out....at this stage :)

I was wondering about Cripps, but dead set, if he improves on last year like we all think he will, he should go up in value still, and being a contested ball winner, score some big ones.

With cripps only being 75k more than Gibbs I feel it's a gamble not to have him in your sc side . He could rack up some massive scores this year especially with his clearance work .

He's been in a few versions of my team, but right now I just can't quite make it work. Pendles, Ablett and Rocky are locked, M4 is currently Gibbs. Spending more cash to turn Gibbs into Cripps seems counterintuitive - at worst I suspect they'll average around the same, with Gibbs more likely to push into the 105-110 bracket. With that in mind, banking $75k appears to be the right move.

Would love both, but can't see a way to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back