2016 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the price Libba is at, I really dont think its much risk at all. I dont mind rolling with both Libba and Crouch at the moment, because I cant really see too much downside for Libba at 300K.
The problem for me is that he probably won't get back to his previous scoring level this season. So, he won't average enough to be a keeper, and he probably won't make enough money to be a good cash cow either. Spending that extra 200k on my m5 does impact my team in other ways (cheaper defenders or only 3 premium forwards), but I can't think of a persuasive reason to select libba if he isn't going to score well enough to be a keeper. Crouch would be more tempting as an obvious cash cow if he wasn't so injury prone.

The problem for me is that he probably won't get back to his previous scoring level this season. So, he won't average enough to be a keeper, and he probably won't make enough money to be a good cash cow either. Spending that extra 200k on my m5 does impact my team in other ways (cheaper defenders or only 3 premium forwards), but I can't think of a persuasive reason to select libba if he isn't going to score well enough to be a keeper. Crouch would be more tempting as an obvious cash cow if he wasn't so injury prone.
Assuming he doesn't get injured, I think he could go 105+. He is an absolute gun who wins his own ball and gets 10 tackles a game

I've got Wines in over Libba atm.
FWDs and RUCK are set and dont like much in the backline. Could be a waste of 150k though.

Wines is a premo in the making though.
I love Ollie but I see Libba matching his scoring output this year IMO

Dunno why Libba is being compared to Wines, he's what, 200k less? If you're picking Wines you'd want a 110+ ave. You'd take a 100+ ave from Libba.

Wines should be compared to Cripps, Prestia, Macrae, Bontempelli and co. Libba with Crouch and Jaeger.

Yeah that's what has me worried.
Wines could be a massive POD for me but Libba could be an equal but cheaper POD against me.
Exactly right.

Decisions but I'm sure you'll choose the right one ;) :thumbsu:

Dunno why Libba is being compared to Wines, he's what, 200k less? If you're picking Wines you'd want a 110+ ave. You'd take a 100+ ave from Libba.

Wines should be compared to Cripps, Prestia, Macrae, Bontempelli and co. Libba with Crouch and Jaeger.
Yeap, Libba can come off the bench during the finals when Fyfe and co are rested.;):thumbsu:

Last edited:

I'm picking Wines as a POD keeper. I think he goes 110. If he only goes 100 Ill keep him as a M7/8 and save a trade.

Exactly right.

Decisions but I'm sure you'll choose the right one ;) :thumbsu:
I'm not so sure but gut says Wines.

The idea is that he will score well enough to be a keeper given his starting price, if he can average 100, which is reasonable, thats awesome for someone at 360K. I'd fill my team with players like that, make some money without sacrificing points, it exactly what you want from a mid pricer.

Assuming he doesn't get injured, I think he could go 105+. He is an absolute gun who wins his own ball and gets 10 tackles a game
Depends what you want from a keeper. I think a slow start wouldn't be unexpected, players don't tend to come out firing after acl injuries. I'll see how he goes in the NAB games, but he's out for now.
The idea is that he will score well enough to be a keeper given his starting price, if he can average 100, which is reasonable, thats awesome for someone at 360K. I'd fill my team with players like that, make some money without sacrificing points, it exactly what you want from a mid pricer.
The problem with that sort of average is that you'll end up losing 10-20 points on average vs top mids who are averaging in the 110-120 range. Of course, he could end up as bench cover (not bad at his price), but I'd prefer to invest $ in players who have a reasonable chance of scoring whatever is expected from a keeper in their position or making around 150k reasonably quickly.
That might be too conservative, but I'm feeling like it's a good year to play it safe given that there are underpriced uber premiums available in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what you want from a keeper. I think a slow start wouldn't be unexpected, players don't tend to come out firing after acl injuries. I'll see how he goes in the NAB games, but he's out for now.

The problem with that sort of average is that you'll end up losing 10-20 points on average vs top mids who are averaging in the 110-120 range. Of course, he could end up as bench cover (not bad at his price), but I'd prefer to invest $ in players who have a reasonable chance of scoring whatever is expected from a keeper in their position or making around 150k reasonably quickly.
That might be too conservative, but I'm feeling like it's a good year to play it safe given that there are underpriced uber premiums available in the midfield.
The only problem with the underpriced premos is that everyone has them. GAJ and Rocky.
But a lot of people can't help themselves and go for Libba (good pick) with Crouch and JOM, plus some underdone Essendon top ups.

Taking a 5th premo over Libba is a POD for you team and doesn't hurt your back and forward line too much. Starting with 5 premos and Libba at M6 robs a back or forward line too much for my liking.

Libba is apparently killing it in the scratch match. These things don't mean much for me 'he killed it' wise, but it's good to see he looks fit.

Libba is apparently killing it in the scratch match. These things don't mean much for me 'he killed it' wise, but it's good to see he looks fit.
Good to see! Yep his fitness is all that matters, if he's fit and stays on the park, he'll score well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back