2016 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

image.png

Just had a quick look. Will probably run with Libba, Crouch and Omeara first up. **** it.
2/3 ain't bad.

Jaeger O'Meara is slightly behind though, with no definitive timetable put on his return following his horrific ruptured patella tendon last April. Coach Rodney Eade is hopeful the former Rising Star winner will be available early in the season, but with O'Meara yet to attempt change-of-direction work, no chances will be taken.

Might want to rethink that selection however.

Lewis only had one big year though, Sloane was on a steady increase for the last few years before dipping last year. But whilst people say he burnt them, he still finished with a 105 average. Biggest issue is how he goes being the number 1 mid at Adelaide now.
Hard to get a read on Lewis. I feel he needs to kick more goals to go big. While Sloane did finish with a great average but I know a lot a people that traded him in after that dislocated finger and were pretty quick to trade him back out. Also had some rubbish scores with the C on him too. I had him from rd 1 last year and it was a rollercoaster with no danger cover i'm steering clear and will opt for crouch of the B variety and even look at Gore if NAB agrees with him

Not sure on Bartel, hard to get back to your best when your on the wrong side of 30, I would prefer someone with a more solid role, Enright would be the better of the 2 this year imo..

Bartel never deviated from his best that much, though. He averaged 95.8 last year if you take out his injury/subbed in the 1st quarter game. His injury was an impact injury, too, so it's not like something recurring you have to worry about.

I see Enright being managed a fair bit this year, and Jimmy is also 45k cheaper.

Bartel never deviated from his best that much, though. He averaged 95.8 last year if you take out his injury/subbed in the 1st quarter game. His injury was an impact injury, too, so it's not like something recurring you have to worry about.

I see Enright being managed a fair bit this year, and Jimmy is also 45k cheaper.

You have a point, I just find that Bartels game style is going to take its toll a fair bit this year, the younger guys are a year older so his role wont be as important, so could see a reduction in game time, and a few cushier roles.

You have a point, I just find that Bartels game style is going to take its toll a fair bit this year, the younger guys are a year older so his role wont be as important, so could see a reduction in game time, and a few cushier roles.
Isn't this exact same logic applicable to Enright? In fact, it's probably more likely to affect Enright due to how versatile Bartel is.

He has played a tonne of different roles over the years and his scoring has always been elite, so I'm not really worried about that sort of thing affecting him.

Isn't this exact same logic applicable to Enright? In fact, it's probably more likely to affect Enright due to how versatile Bartel is.

He has played a tonne of different roles over the years and his scoring has always been elite, so I'm not really worried about that sort of thing affecting him.

Not really. Enright will play his normal role, they wouldn't be looking to move him around too much provided he is fit. The fact that Bartel is versatile means that he is easier to move around. I can see him being stuck in the pocket for portions of games to create another option, but that would effect his scoring capability.

I just dont see Bartel being put in the thick of it as much this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back