Review Round 17, 2016: Footscray Bulldogs v Box Hill Hawks, 12.00pm, 30 July 2016 @ VU Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

From the sporting pulse website, love to hear what happened in that last qtr though:

Footscray Bulldogs 0.1 5.5 5.6 10.13 (73)
Box Hill Hawks 5.3 7.3 10.7 10.8 (68)

GOALS:
Footscray Bulldogs: Hrovat 2 Webb Russell Jamieson McLean Hannan Wales Nash Dale
Box Hill Hawks: Fitzpatrick 2 Lock 2 Switkowski 2 Mirra Lawlor Walker Woodward

BEST:
Footscray Bulldogs: Hrovat Webb Russell Nash Dale Greenwood
Box Hill Hawks: Switkowski Woodward Heatherley Mirra Fitzpatrick Webster

Developed bad habits lately, continually overrun in the last qrt. I know we have a few players missing but that is inexcusable. Like another poster mentioned how did they lose this one?????????????
In a nut shell it was pretty much even at 3/4 time, dogs had the 4/5 goal wind last quarter. They got a few lucky ones but had the ball most of the time
in the last. We had a couple of good chances but stuffed it. We could have defended a bit better in hindsight but our kicking late into the wind was terrible,
many only going 25 metres, tiredness was a major factor in this too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a nut shell it was pretty much even at 3/4 time, dogs had the 4/5 goal wind last quarter. They got a few lucky ones but had the ball most of the time
in the last. We had a couple of good chances but stuffed it. We could have defended a bit better in hindsight but our kicking late into the wind was terrible,

Thanks for the summary 'LuckyHawk'....

Can anyone give us an update on Burton? Where did he play, did he get through 4 quarters, any highlights??

Can anyone give us an update on Burton? Where did he play, did he get through 4 quarters, any highlights??

From what I saw he played limited minutes and played mainly down back. Didn't see much of it but like others mentioned, it's more about getting some game time and seeing how his body responds ATM.

I dont believe so. At his last address he wanted the players to defend and play it slowly. BHH were five goals up kicking against a five goal win. They had to score at least one goal. Plus there was lots of bitching around the interchange area. Not a happy camp.

Funny you say that because I got the same impression. Bit of bickering on the field and noticed Litherland saying his piece in response to a particular direction by Bello which he didn't seem to agree with in the huddle.

Just on a side note, Switkowski has really caught my eye this year. Has played well the few times I've seen him live and tends to be named in the best alot.
Anyone able to provide a better analysis on him?

Funny you say that because I got the same impression. Bit of bickering on the field and noticed Litherland saying his piece in response to a particular direction by Bello which he didn't seem to agree with in the huddle.
Can anyone elaborate on this further?

Doesn't excuse it, but thanks, as it makes it a little easier to understand.

This is the first season in a long time where we dont have some senior players waiting at BHH. Key roles are being filled by BHH guys or kids. At one stage, with the wind we had Fitzy plus five BHH guys as our forwardline. Our main mids were Woody, Lovell and Switter. A Simpkin type would make a heap of difference but I'd rather put experience into kids. Lovell and Woody were our best two so they will slowly come good.

Just a little funny from Whitten oval yesterday. Went with the old man who is 81. Burton glides through the air and takes an
intercept mark at half back, dad who is about 5 metres in front of me turns around faster than Cyril and shouts "did you see that?"
I just nodded but I hope we can all have the interest and passion for the mighty Hawks like dad when we hopefully reach his stage in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back