Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
? Not being a downer, just giving an honest assessment of him. I'm actually glad he is gone, we have Hipwood & Ballenden getting drafted this year, we didn't need him and he didn't want to be here, so no care in the world that he is gone.

2016 was an 'Ok' year but his biggest strength coming out of the draft was supposedly his kicking but his kicking has been awful at AFL level. There is probably a footballer in there somewhere but not sure he'll be the superstar Pick 2 we thought he'd be.
From our point of view, we would hope that he's been 'lying doggo' in his attempt to return home and/or there is still plenty of improvement in a 20 year old who has previously shown abundant talent.

Let’s get rid of Cloke and keep Crameri. Cloke is cooked and takes Schache or Boyd’s spot.
Cloke can stay and play / on field coach next year. As solid a citizen as you can get, with Trengove adored as a person by Port we have brought in really good people last year and this year.

Chances are that West is bid on before where that second pick lands next year we just use later draft points to get him. Also Khamis a likely type and might go before our 3rd. If we go into a little debt for draft points for 2019 so what.

Next year we get a first round draftee, West & Khamis
Agree. I think that we weren't too fussed about the 2018 second rounder because we think West will be bid on before pick 25.

How do you know it was unnecessary?

Our 2nd rounder next year will be in the low-mid 20's. Thats a decent asset to throw in with two other 2nd rounders. Limits us next year when we may need points or other flexibility.
We needed to do 28 and 30 for 16 and maybe some other pick swaps. Not give up another asset

Pumped to get Schache, Trengove and Crozier.

Now to get some speedy mids in the draft.

Stringer's missus can go for her life now - he ain't our problem any more.

:thumbsu:
Agreed, the other thing to come out of this is that Abi no longer needs to have anything to do with the club. I hope the club advises our players to put some distance between themselves and her.

? Not being a downer, just giving an honest assessment of him. I'm actually glad he is gone, we have Hipwood & Ballenden getting drafted this year, we didn't need him and he didn't want to be here, so no care in the world that he is gone.
Hipwood is a future gun but he wasn't on the table.

More chance of Schache being at least serviceable than whoever we pick up at pick 25 this year

EAD yourself m8.

Upshot we've mismanaged the Stringer trade and seen largely unproven patchy players like Cameron and Weller go for high picks, while we get stuff all.

Then we trade two seconds and a golden 18 2nd rd for a 10 pick upgrade on P25. FMD. That is even worse than the Stringer effort.

Then we recruit Schache. The Homesick Kid who no one wanted with possible mental health issues to pair up with the clinically depressed Boyd. Awesome.

One of the worst trade periods I've seen since the Rhode 2003 disaster.

Only an absolute muppet nuff nuff would think we've lost this trade period.
Enjoy finding a new club in the off season.

Brandon Matera crosses from Gold Coast to Fremantle in exchange for a 2018 thirds-round selection.

Jeez that seems like a bit of a steal.

Gold Coast folding on a lot of things when you add this to the give away of pick 2 for Weller
Typical Clayton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take... Jake Stringer must be totally ****ed.

How only 2 clubs wanted to come near a player with his talent is extraordinary.

For those of u referencing Carey... how many flags have Norf won since Carey destroyed their culture.

In exchange... we have a tall forward who was a pick 2, who after a pretty promising first year has had second-year blues big time.

Add to them Trengove, Crozier... AND 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS THIS YEAR...

I’m pretty happy :) :) :)

Very happy with the result.
Get a tall mongrel down back, a tall marking forward and some flair with Crozier.
Won't miss Stringer running around like a headless chook ..as much as I love his highlights. They won't be forgotten.
And it seems that McCartney held his nerve with Schache, if Brisbane were holding out for pick 16 till 1.59PM.
Looks like the pitchforks go back in the shed until next trade period.

Let’s get rid of Cloke and keep Crameri. Cloke is cooked and takes Schache or Boyd’s spot.
It would be so typical of the Bulldogs to expend massive trade assets acquiring talented tall forwards and then not surround them with the support they need. Cloke as a playing coach for these two is critical - he's worth the list spot for the experience and knowledge that he (hopefully) brings.

How do all you pessimist fans feel now. Time to EAD and microwave your memberships. You've truly embarrassed yourselves and shown the rest of us what kind of shit supporters you all are.
To the rest of us... Go Dogs. Can't wait for 2018 !!![/QUOTE
Glad to say I wasn't one of em

Our 2nd rounder next year will be in the low-mid 20's. Thats a decent asset to throw in with two other 2nd rounders. Limits us next year when we may need points or other flexibility.
We needed to do 28 and 30 for 16 and maybe some other pick swaps. Not give up another asset
Our second rounder next year will be after pick 25 unless we plan to be in the lower half of the ladder. If we make the 8 it will be after pick 25 before any compo picks are factored in. I'm not saying we didn't care about the 2018 second rounder but if that's what it took to get #16 and #40 then I'm ok with that. We wouldn't have offered it up if we didn't think it had to be done...we were fast running out of time to get that deal and the Schache deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back