Season 2018 comings and goings ...............

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope Eade brings his gear if the 2's are short,lol.To many top 1st division clubs are going out and recruiting and offering big bucks to players and forgetting about their home grown players.Some of these players realise their chances of playing 1's are limited and are looking else where.
What home grown players ??? Most of the kids around Balwyn and Camberwell are too busy taking violin lessons.

So you're saying nobody should trust any of his statements, because that's the way he rolls and he isn't likely to change the way he does things. Wow, big statement.
i am of the opinion that we are dealing with an egotistical maniac.and when your the money man,it seems everything else pales into insignificance.
what was alleged with Pask,in my opinion was wrong on all fronts.all ill say is this...... they would want to win the flag

I heard they weren’t keen on him from early on.
Then why did they continue with his appointment for 2018?
I can see why they wanted Eade when he became available. But why lie about how and why he was replaced.
If this is the way Balwyn go about business, then why would anyone belive them, when they say they are paying within the salary cap?

Last edited:
Then why did they continue with his appoint for 2018?
I can see why they wanted Eade when he became available. But why lie about how and why he was replaced.
If this is the way Balwyn go about business, then why would anyone belive them, when they say they are paying within the salary cap?
Simply put, they shouldn't believe them.

Spoke to someone quite close to the situation and Pask was indeed shown the door, and found out of his sacking before Balwyn had even told him. Poor form. Not sure on the names but apparently a few players not happy and could be on the move.
That is correct! very correct

Then why did they continue with his appointment for 2018?

This is exactly the way the powers that be operate at this club and the way they treat their loyal kids that try get a go in the seniors is a bloody disgrace!
Better off if they spent less money on recruitment and more time in development !

Why would you go when you get to experience the Rocket Eade glare, it even scared me and I was watching from a distance.

Worked so well at the Gold Coast he scared the players so much they had to get rid of him!

I saw this the other day Bobby and it raises a number of questions about the both Balwyn and the article.

First is that obviously it isn't a balanced report and only tells the Balwyn side of the story. Otherwise it would have something from Pask’s viewpoint even if it was; Pask declined to comment.

Secondly, if Pask had increasing business pressures, why didn’t the President just say that Pask had approached him about this problem before he met with Eade in 2017? (Don’t get this confused with the statement that follows).

Third, If Pask had business pressures and was finding it a problem to maintain his commitment to Balwyn, then why was his family so surprised when he was replaced, particularly when Balwyn have said they met Pask in 2017 (though what the meeting was about was not made clear) and on Friday Jan 19th before they made their announcement on Eade’s appointment.

Fourth, was Pask paid out his contract? I guess we will never know, it is more than likely that if he was paid out it would be a condition of his payout that he couldn’t comment. I guess that it always looks better for future employment if you resign for some reason rather than being sacked

Fifth, I’m pretty sure that the coach’s payments aren’t included in the salary cap. So perhaps that should be something the League needs to look at. If I'm wrong then the EFL should closely examine Balwyn's salary cap information.

Sixth, why don’t they come clean about what really happened. It exacerbates the views of other clubs.
Simply, it just makes Balwyn look worse to every other club in the EFL.

Coaches payments are not in the Salary Cap & personally I believe they shouldn't be. If clubs can bring in highly qualified coaches I think this is great for the competition. This will and is attracting some quality youngsters that were close to heading elsewhere, which I find ironic given the point made Lodo above. The development of youngsters internal or external has not been a past strong point.

It appears that those that made the decision appear to have come to far with their version to turn back. Unfortunately for them everyone has seen right through it, & those 'posts' confirm the suspicions that most had.

Coaches payments are not in the Salary Cap & personally I believe they shouldn't be. If clubs can bring in highly qualified coaches I think this is great for the competition. This will and is attracting some quality youngsters that were close to heading elsewhere, which I find ironic given the point made Lodo above. The development of youngsters internal or external has not been a past strong point.

It appears that those that made the decision appear to have come to far with their version to turn back. Unfortunately for them everyone has seen right through it, & those 'posts' confirm the suspicions that most had.

Could not agree more with you Bobby,
Its a brutal industry football, not only at the highest level, but also at local levels as we are seeing. Unfortunately as Bobby said above,many believe Marty Pask was moved on in a way that could of been handled better by the Balwyn football club. However securing a coach like Eade is a fair get, coached at the Elite level for 377 games, and has coached some of the games greats. Unfortunately there is only one winner here, and one who's ego has been bruised severely, Lets hope everyone can move on and football is the winner in the end...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jugga with the cheque book out again; hearing Jarrad Wright is weighing up an offer at Park Orchards as a playing assistant coach

There is rumour circulating that Daniel Gorringe, and Henry Schade will now, not be joining Balwyn is this true??

Not sure what to believe with the postings by you guys.Personally struggle to understand why players or supporters would be attracted to Balwyn because Rodney Eade is coach.I am more interested in the bigger picture at Balwyn and could some pr man from the club tell us all about the future plans for the U19's,junior sides and off field improvement in ground facilities etc.Will perhaps put an end to some of the negative feedback directed at your club currently. If they need help on junior development I would recommend the Vermont model which they have done so successfully over the last 20 years at least.

Last edited:
Not sure what to believe with the postings by you guys.Personally struggle to understand why players or supporters would be attracted to Balwyn because Rodney Eade is coach.I am more interested in the bigger picture at Balwyn and could some pr man from the club tell us all about the future plans for the U19's,junior sides and off field improvement in ground facilities etc.Will perhaps put an end to some of the negative feedback directed at your club currently. If they need help on junior development I would recommend the Vermont model which they have done so successfully over the last 20 years at least.

Yes it would be very interesting to hear of the plans for the under u19s development ! But I think we will all find out that the under 19s and reserves are simply there as A :Cannan fodder for senior training reserves especially! B : As it is a league requirement to have them!! Why else, is there not one player left from the 2015 reserve premiership, surely some of those kids were good enough to play seniors surely!!! And I believe they are building new rooms at the oval!
Hopefully before long the powers that be,will work out that money does not buy loyalty! But I doubt it!

Last edited:

I think it is far too simplistic to knock Balwyn on their 19s record. We have discussed this many times in the past. The inner eastern clubs have a far greater battle on their hands than others (including us) to field 19s each year. The demographic of these suburbs including issues such as culture and private schooling are genuine. It still appears to be difficult for 'outsiders' to truly understand this, let alone comprehend the work put in just to field a 'bare bones' side.

It is a significant advantage for clubs to field successful 19s & Reserves for obvious reasons. Vermont, Sth Croydon & Blackburn were the last 3 in the Seniors & Reserves in 2017. It's no coincidence. Clubs are aware of this but if the kids don't exist just what is the expectation?

The Vermont Model - also has been discussed to death, but two thoughts.
What is the acceptable amount of home grown players in a successful 1st Division side?
How many home grown players represented Vermont in their 2017 GF side?

I think it is far too simplistic to knock Balwyn on their 19s record. We have discussed this many times in the past. The inner eastern clubs have a far greater battle on their hands than others (including us) to field 19s each year. The demographic of these suburbs including issues such as culture and private schooling are genuine. It still appears to be difficult for 'outsiders' to truly understand this, let alone comprehend the work put in just to field a 'bare bones' side.

It is a significant advantage for clubs to field successful 19s & Reserves for obvious reasons. Vermont, Sth Croydon & Blackburn were the last 3 in the Seniors & Reserves in 2017. It's no coincidence. Clubs are aware of this but if the kids don't exist just what is the expectation?

The Vermont Model - also has been discussed to death, but two thoughts.
What is the acceptable amount of home grown players in a successful 1st Division side?
How many home grown players represented Vermont in their 2017 GF side?

Sth Croydon had 12 homegrown players in the premiership side Bobby. Would be really interesting to see how many Vermont had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back