Good, Bad, Ugly v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the last two decades the personal change but the script seems to be the same. Is there like a hidden football 101 book that all must follow.

It's happened before and it will happen again.

We all know it.

We need to end this now.

Yes we can blindly keep pushing on, we might even make finals, but we will not win the premiership and we all know this same game will repeat itself.

No matter how good or bad they played tonight the careers of dmac, Dougie and JJ should simply be ended. We need to be proactive and usher in the next generation.

I'd rather loose in the short term and have a chance at ultimate glory than die the slow death of mediocrity.

That's more a decision that needs to be made later in the year. 5 weeks from now only Smith may be our only best-22 player on our injury list. We will have Brad, Matt in the team, with Gibson, Keath and Cheney available for selection and things could start looking very positive for us. Many of the cogs in our team don't move unless they have another cog to move them along. If we move along our senior players at the wrong time, then our premiership window will close and we will become a useless middle-tier team.

IMO we can probably move one mid on at the end of year; Sloane if we get fair trade-value. Keep players like Dougie and Dmac because they are cheap. Dougy is still more than effective most the time.

Why on earth are you talking of rebuilding the club after one loss?
Because this sort of embarrassing loss to a bad side on your home turf can be the making or breaking of a side.

I dont feel we are acknowledging how embarrassing this is.

It was Collingwood, at home. They haven't even beaten port here. They are not a good side, with a lot of injuries.

They belted us.
We are lucky it wasn't 100 points we were that poor.

I’m ready for a clean out.. get what we can for Sloane and Lynch, bring in young SA boys.. you can’t wait till you fall completely off before you clean out the rubbish.. Do it now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane were riddled with injuries when Burton left. It's taken him a full year but he's ****** up oursquad now too. Needs to fall on his sword.
Job for life. Isn't he like a General Manager now? The Adelaide Football Club - where dreams do come true.

And Sauce is cooked

Well he’s become a weird concoction of a player, he’s a slow 200+cm player that seems to be more focused on wanting to play as a outside midfielder who has pretty looking disposals instead of doing good ruck work and getting contested clearances and other run of the mill ruckman stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the reasons I stay away from the board after a loss.

Take it for what it was, a bad loss. The sun will come up tomorrow and we go again Friday.

Yet here you are.

Optimism is required when you have a lot of problems out of your control.

Criticism and self evaluation is needed when the problems arise from your own mistakes, or we don’t get better.

Because this sort of embarrassing loss to a bad side on your home turf can be the making or breaking of a side.

I dont feel we are acknowledging how embarrassing this is.

It was Collingwood, at home. They haven't even beaten port here. They are not a good side, with a lot of injuries.

They belted us.
We are lucky it wasn't 100 points we were that poor.

Id say a GF loss would do more damage than this.

Granted it was a poor loss, and probably hurts more after the year we had last year, but Jesus lets not go crazy and sack all and sundry.

Pyke will regroup and we will learn from this.

Fog looks like he'll be right, til we ruin his aggressiveness.
He's suited to 20 years ago. Seems more intent on exerting physical pressure rather than getting the ball.

Not an awful thing, but he needs to channel it.

My point is, we're so banged up and sore that Poholke and Dear would also be debuting. You can't debut 5 blokes.

You can, it’s just that you usually lose.

Since we’re going to lose anyway next week, why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back