• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane would have to come on and kick 3 goals in 1 qtr at 100% efficiency for people to say he didn't have a bad game.
Yep sloane was a key reason we were able to hold on , people can’t seperate their biases sometimes

I’ve been off him most of the year but need to call out what actually happened

Smith maybe had 1 possession in first quarter and was our only bad player

Then was actually really good for rest of game

Sloane also helped us wrestle momentum eas good to see 2 leaders step up . Exactly what we need

I thought Soligo was one of the other ones that showed some real class when we needed to win the game
Which is why I think he should be the sub. The role fits him perfectly. Comes on fresh and goes flat chat for 1-2 quarters.

Smiths second half was huge , he started slow
Murphy's 1st half was huge...=2nd highest team metres gained 471 metres with Mitch Hinge....not too shabby for a front half player.

I'm trying to figure out what you're actually saying.
Here (above), you think Hinge is good.

Then, he's actually excellent.

But, then again, he was not-so-good ... ?? :confusedv1:

Then you make a comparison to Tex:

At this stage I was thinking, "Yeah, like ALL players" but you covered that too, here:

So,
Hinge is a lot like Tex and in fact like all players because sometimes he's good, other times he's excellent, but often makes mistakes, yeah? :cautiousv1: :confusedv1:
That's plenty-enough "nuance", trust me.

I have a feeling that even if I had the patience to try to discuss my point with you, you would probably choose not to listen. Not worth either of our time.

Shoenberg is a strange beast. Two years ago he looked like one of our most promising youngsters and then he fell off a cliff. The last two weeks I have seen a few "Dangerfield at his peak" moments. He's had a ood fortnight. Hopefully he has a big pre-season.
He has an excellent burst of pace and generally delivers well into the 50. Takes the ball forward with that burst and penetrating kick. Just fumbling a bit at the moment - once he takes that ball cleanly he'll give himself time to impact more. Putting himself into contests really well now. Loved that play where he delivered to Soligo. He's definitely AFL level but may have to make himself valuable on a flank, as Pedlar has done, to fit in to the balance of the side. Especially if Crouch becomes best 22.

What?..

Nothing about Keays and Murphy?… in that 3rd quarter?..

Both went MIA for most of it..

This is what shits me.. people love to highlight these two when they do good things and throw around the “oh, i dont get the hate” nonsense.. but then when these two, who are senior players now, go missing they say nothing about it?.. crickets..

What about that 4th quarter?..

Any comment on Keays and Murphy.. two senior players.. streaming down the far wing along side each other with barely a Suns player near them.. and neither of the two could make a decision and neither wanted to kick it cause they dont trust their non preferred.. so they end up running all the way into the forward 50.. ignoring their forwards that are free and waiting for a kick.. only to finally do a loopy handball to Rachele who, by that stage has heat on him from Suns players..

Turnover.

Any comments on that doozy?…

s**t skills, poor/slow decision making and hesitations from senior players in this comp is not something you can carry if you want to play finals.

Its not “hate” for these guys..

Its simply acknowledging that its time to move on from them as their poor skills and decisions become inexcusable liabilities in the big moments in games.
Did you notice that Murphy was given 2 votes in the AFLCA award against Gold Coast?

Perhaps there is a role for you as an AFL coach? Clearly someone isn’t seeing the quality of our players accurately 🙄.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Adelaide has the single most productive offense in the league at the moment and we're doing it without a strong inside group. Odds are they'll be here when we're contesting for a flag because structurally we're on the money when it comes to our forward line, and most of the elite talent underpinning said forward line is young. Providing they're performing at a decent click, and both seemingly have figured out their roles.

Doubly so as we're realistically just one inside midfielder (+ they don't need to be an elite midfielder, because Dawson) and an uptick in production from our kids like Rachele, Thilthorpe and Soglio from being a serious contender, seeing we've been on the precipice this campaign. Get a bit more consistency and power in that inside game and we're just about there.
We should be even more potent offensively with Welsh coming into the team after next year's draft.

We should be even more potent offensively with Welsh coming into the team after next year's draft.
Doubt very much Welsh comes straight in and adds too much potency in his first year, especially as a tweener forward unless he has a growth spurt in the next 12 months.

Doubt very much Welsh comes straight in and adds too much potency in his first year, especially as a tweener forward unless he has a growth spurt in the next 12 months.
He looked pretty mature for his age at the u18 champs. Hopefully hitting the gym the next 12months ready to go.

He looked pretty mature for his age at the u18 champs. Hopefully hitting the gym the next 12months ready to go.
16 years old that's already had significant back issues that saw him miss a big stretch of games this season won't be getting pushed too hard early especially if it flairs up again in his draft year.

Welsh won't be a consideration for ages. Even if he is absolutely elite you wouldn't expect him to be a strong contributor as a key forward before he's 20. That's how old he will be at the start of the 2027 season. He will be Thilthorpe's current age towards the end of that year.

It’s going to be more about fitness and conditioning than height IMO

He’s plenty tall enough given his wheels , it’s not something I think is an issue especially as 3rd tall next to Fog and TT ( presuming Tex retires end of 2024 which is no given )

Welsh won't be a consideration for ages. Even if he is absolutely elite you wouldn't expect him to be a strong contributor as a key forward before he's 20. That's how old he will be at the start of the 2027 season. He will be Thilthorpe's current age towards the end of that year.
Not sure about that

He’s a beast of a kid with plenty of agression speed power … do remember Jack Darling having a huge first year and he’s my comparison for Welsh

Not sure about that

He’s a beast of a kid with plenty of agression speed power … do remember Jack Darling having a huge first year and he’s my comparison for Welsh
I hope your comparison comes true except for his set shot run up.

Not sure about that

Did Jack Darling have back issues that saw him lose 2 months of footy as a 16 year old though, form since Tyler resumed from those issues hasn't been to the same standard as last year. I doubt the club will be pushing him too hard early knowing his history. Hopefully there are no recurrences over summer and next season though back issues in one so young can't be a good thing.

Did Jack Darling have back issues that saw him lose 2 months of footy as a 16 year old though, form since Tyler resumed from those issues hasn't been to the same standard as last year. I doubt the club will be pushing him too hard early knowing his history. Hopefully there are no recurrences over summer and next season though back issues in one so young can't be a good thing.
Yeah no guarantees but wouldn’t surprise if he played well in first year as he size aggression speed power mix

Back