Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry and Toumpas must qualify, but surely they won't be playing in the AFL ever again.
Just being a spud in the AFL doesn't qualify for Kinglsey membership. One must significantly outperform one's inherent spud-ness, and only in games against the MFC.

Darragh Joyce in for St Kilda. That is not a typo.

Chance to become the second Irish Kingsley after Tommy Walsh (5 games, subbed off three times, 2/3 career goals against us on debut)

Ready for Shane savage to be thrown forward and kick 5?

Special shout out to one of the most prominent members, Beau Maister, playing your old team. Must be someone ready to step up into your place.

Ready for Shane savage to be thrown forward and kick 5?

Special shout out to one of the most prominent members, Beau Maister, playing your old team. Must be someone ready to step up into your place.

Believe it or not he's still playing WAFL. Seems like he should be 40 but is only 32.

Tim Membrey couldn't kick a goal for about 6 weeks then yesterday we play him into form and he looked like John Coleman kicking 4.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Membrey couldn't kick a goal for about 6 weeks then yesterday we play him into form and he looked like John Coleman kicking 4.2

Membrey is a good forward, doesn't qualify for mine

Membrey is a good forward, doesn't qualify for mine
Yeah, we used to have membrey in here all the time. But i honestly don't think he's a spud.

I also don't think Harmes is a spud either, but he continues to play well against St Kilda

Yeah, we used to have membrey in here all the time. But i honestly don't think he's a spud.

I also don't think Harmes is a spud either, but he continues to play well against St Kilda

Membrey is athletic, good hands and kicks pretty well. He is a good 2nd tall and would do really well in a half decent side. I'm also a Harmes fan.

The real question we should be asking is which Freo nobody is going to boot four goals and sink us this week?

Just had a look through their team from last week. What's a 'Ryan Nyhuis'? That name sounds like a real fair dinkum Kingsley type.

The real question we should be asking is which Freo nobody is going to boot four goals and sink us this week?

Just had a look through their team from last week. What's a 'Ryan Nyhuis'? That name sounds like a real fair dinkum Kingsley type.

I always remember Matthew Taberner playing well against us, i have nothing to back that up but for some reason he always sticks in my mind. Happy he isn't playing this week

I remember him because he kicked a couple on debut and one of his teammates memed him 'welcome to nyhuis'

Be wary folks, Darwin has some form for Spuds playing Blinders both for and against us.

2010 Brad Miller kicks 5
2012 Paul Stewart kicks 5 against us
2013 Brent Staker 20 & 3's for Brisbane against us. In the same game Fitzpatrick kicks 4
2014 Matt Jones is our leading disposal getter in a heavy loss to Fremantle. Nick Suban registers 21 disposals
2015 A then-vanilla Chris Masten rips our midfield apart acquiring 2 Brownlow votes in the process
2016 Mitch White registers 20 disposals, Matt Jones 30, and Grimes 32. Grimes gets dropped after the next game and never plays again.
2017 Jay Kennedy-Harris registers 28 disposals in a loss to the Crows where David McKay has 21 disposals and kicks 2 goals.

Be wary folks, Darwin has some form for Spuds playing Blinders both for and against us.

2010 Brad Miller kicks 5
2012 Paul Stewart kicks 5 against us
2013 Brent Staker 20 & 3's for Brisbane against us. In the same game Fitzpatrick kicks 4
2014 Matt Jones is our leading disposal getter in a heavy loss to Fremantle. Nick Suban registers 21 disposals
2015 A then-vanilla Chris Masten rips our midfield apart acquiring 2 Brownlow votes in the process
2016 Mitch White registers 20 disposals, Matt Jones 30, and Grimes 32. Grimes gets dropped after the next game and never plays again.
2017 Jay Kennedy-Harris registers 28 disposals in a loss to the Crows where David McKay has 21 disposals and kicks 2 goals.

This is...disquieting.

Tex Walker, I think he is well overrated and has done nothing all year but his inclusion this week, he's going to monster us. Who is our CHB that can handle him?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back