Sydney vs Hawthorn SCG Saturday Night - Double Chance at Stake

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle for the biggest booby prize of the year. The opportunity to be embarrassed by Richmond in week 1 of finals. You’d seriously almost rather lose given the smashing that awaits the winner 2 weeks later

The hype about Richmond's invincibility is quite impressive for a team that only learned to play football 18 months ago.

You always want top 4. You always want the double chance. Anything can happen. Firmer favourites than Richmond 2018 have faltered in September, and both Hawthorn and Sydney have been on the giving and receiving end of some of those September upsets. They'll want to win on Saturday night.

The hype about Richmond's invincibility is quite impressive for a team that only learned to play football 18 months ago.

You always want top 4. You always want the double chance. Anything can happen. Firmer favourites than Richmond 2018 have faltered in September, and both Hawthorn and Sydney have been on the giving and receiving end of some of those September upsets. They'll want to win on Saturday night.
Tiges fans looking ahead to the threepeat in 2019 by the looks of it

You must admit though, from a pure looks point of view Buddy looks so much better in red and white :cool:

Come on. If you're carrying excess weight, a tight white jumper isn't the best look. Looked near Lockett like the other week in that old South jumper.

You must admit though, from a pure looks point of view Buddy looks so much better in red and white :cool:
The Brown and Gold was much more flattering on him, vertical stripes vs white, I know which is more slimming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brown and Gold was much more flattering on him, vertical stripes vs white, I know which is more slimming

It’s a common belief that if you want to appear slimmer than you actually are, you should wear clothes with vertical stripes. The classical pinstriped business suit would be an example of this sort of clothing masquerading a few extra pounds.

It turns out that this folk belief is fundamentally wrong. A square composed of horizontal lines appears taller and narrower than an identical square made up of vertical lines.

This illusion was discovered by Hermann von Helmholtz in 1925, and is also known as the Helmholtz illusion. Helmholtz’s explanation of the illusion was that a filled out area looks longer than an unfilled area of the same size. His thought was that the figure with horizontal stripes looks filled and hence longer from bottom up, whereas the square with vertical lines looks filled and hence longer from left to right. This then generates the illusion that the square with horizontal lines is taller and slimmer than the same-sized square with vertical stripes, which looks short and fat.

Although Helmholtz mentioned the application to fashion, he didn’t test whether the illusion would persist when actually applied to human figures. Over the years researchers, fashion designers and many others have speculated whether the illusion was an artifact of the two-dimensional square representations that had been used in Helmholtz’ original studies.

In 2009, however, British psychologists Peter Thompson and Kyriaki Mikellidou followed up with similar studies using three-dimensional female models. And lo and behold! The illusion persisted.

When two people are the same size, a person wearing a horizontal-striped dress appears to be the thinner of the two. In order for the them to appear to be the same size, the person wearing the horizontal stripes would have to be six percent wider than the person dressed in vertically-striped clothing.

So, you can throw out the pinstriped suit and get the clothing with horizontal stripes.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/...kes-you-look-fat-vertical-or-horizontal-lines

Franklin is huge at the moment but is kicking goals so doubt anyone gives a hoot.

He's near the top of my "watch for the blow out post football" list.
Jarmanesque?

Tiges fans looking ahead to the threepeat in 2019 by the looks of it
If youve been paying ANY attention at all you would recognize the difference between media and fans. Always puzzles me how media talks teams up and people like you somehow equate that to that teams fans talking themselves up.

Its not that hard to do. Just think for once.

If youve been paying ANY attention at all you would recognize the difference between media and fans. Always puzzles me how media talks teams up and people like you somehow equate that to that teams fans talking themselves up.

Its not that hard to do. Just think for once.
Maybe he’s referring to BF.

In which case I agree to a large extent.

I've had a look at the predicter and I know double chance is desirable but losing this one might not be all that bad.

The loser will finish 6th and host the loser of Melbourne/GWS in an Elim, to play the loser of Coll/WCE the following week, with Richmond likely lying in wait for the prelim, which is when I think they are at their most gettable.

The winner will take on the Tigers at the MCG which will be hard, lose and they will need to win a matchup against either the winner of Meb/GWS and the dangerous Cats in order to avoid a straight sets exit.

Im not meaning any disrespect to any of the other teams, Im just looking at it from a Sydney/Hawthorn point of view....

I also hold the view that going into finals on a massive winning streak isn't ideal, though the double chance would nullify that.

All that said, Sydney would be a monty if this were an away game for them. SInce it is at the SCG the Hawks are a show but I'll probably be tipping Sydney

Maybe he’s referring to BF.

In which case I agree to a large extent.
A lot of the talk is VERY tongue in cheek. When someones says for example we will get Lynch and win the next 5 flags they dont actually think that will happen.
After the decades of shit we got everyones having fun playing the arrogant role while we can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back