How big is this Saturday night’s game going to be? Who brings their ‘A game’?

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep saying it and a few Port Adelaide supporters cracked the sads but they peaked too early in the season.
Winning is good footy but winning while playing scintillating footy round 10 is a concern. It's unsustainable.

You want to be playing at top speed come rounds 15 onwards. Collingwood been winning ugly most of the year. A few brilliant performances and now have their best 22 starting to settle. It's all about cohesion on route to finals.
What? in the 6 rounds prior (including to round 10) port had won 5 of its 6 latest games by 14 pts. Hardly Scintillating footy. How is that different to winning ugly ?

What? in the 6 rounds prior (including to round 10) port had won 5 of its 6 latest games by 14 pts. Hardly Scintillating footy. How is that different to winning ugly ?

You won how many in a row?
Melbourne were playing similar footy last year and never recaptured it when it mattered.
I'm very confident you begin losing more games.

Kenny done a great job but now comes time to really earn the big bucks.

You won how many in a row?
Melbourne were playing similar footy last year and never recaptured it when it mattered.
I'm very confident you begin losing more games.

Kenny done a great job but now comes time to really earn the big bucks.
Great job answering my question to your dumb statement.

Reckon port lose 2 of the next 3 but will have a fitter squad (pending more injuries) for the last 2 games of the year to get some spunk back before finals. still 7 weeks to go before round 1 of finals, its a long way out still

Speaking of one of those Port fans who cracks the sads 😅

Your best football has been seen, deal with it.
Now comes the drop off. May only be 10% but it's enough for teams like Carlton to beat you.
Genuine question, do you Vicco's honestly believe that if you say this often enough it'll come true for you?
Its just that its all we've heard out of you for the best paft of 24hrs and its really not getting the bites you might consider it worthy of.
Its your league man, we really shouldnt be in your thoughts yet here we are.

I'm getting a bit of this feeling about the Pies: they've met every challenge so far and credit to them, but there's that nagging feeling that they (and the media) might just be getting a little ahead of themselves
Yes

We're playing very nicely, no doubt, and deserve to be favourites, but the real work hasn't even started yet, and there are plenty of other contenders building momentum

I’d support this. Warm up jackets with the prison bar design would be great!

Longer term I’d be happy for them to wear the bars - even when playing at home against us.

Regards

S. Pete
The warm up tops have had the prison bar water mark for a few years there

Always like big home and away games at tail end of season

What sort of % crowd will it be?

75/25 Port?
Port have a seating model that allows for more GA than the crows

It would be roughly that 70% port
But traditionally that isnt enough to get any word of affirmation the other way

Always like big home and away games at tail end of season

What sort of % crowd will it be?

75/25 Port?
My Port supporting mate has teed up tickets for me and my brothers (and nephew) through his membership so in our group of 5, it’ll be 4 Magpies to 1 Power coming over from Victoria.

I’m gonna take a punt and say something like 60/40 Port’s way - the Magpie army generally turn out in SA games.

Either way, I can’t wait to experience AO for the first time. What a game to experience it with too.

I'm getting a bit of this feeling about the Pies: they've met every challenge so far and credit to them, but there's that nagging feeling that they (and the media) might just be getting a little ahead of themselves
What have the Pies said or done to make you feel that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question, do you Vicco's honestly believe that if you say this often enough it'll come true for you?
Its just that its all we've heard out of you for the best paft of 24hrs and its really not getting the bites you might consider it worthy of.
Sorry mate, but this reeks of insecurity. Why bring all Victorians into your petty argument? It’s ‘our’ league? 🤦🏽

I’m Victorian and I’ve had nothing but praise for Port, even after losing to the Blues I haven’t written them off.

Don’t change the narrative to make it a #VICBIAS thing when it’s not.

What have the Pies said or done to make you feel that?
In fairness, it's probably as much - if not more - the media talking them up. Just that underlying reverence for them that's usually reserved for teams that have won a premiership recently.

Like it or not, Maynard's comments don't help the perception. If they walk the walk and roll Port then fair play to them.

In fairness, it's probably as much - if not more - the media talking them up. Just that underlying reverence for them that's usually reserved for teams that have won a premiership recently.

Like it or not, Maynard's comments don't help the perception. If they walk the walk and roll Port then fair play to them.
Could handle Maynard's comments if he wasn't such a C Grade flog

Comes with the territory when it’s Collingwood. Hopefully Fly has this group shutting off/away the media BS. If Nick Daicos is on social media and buys into the circus, his head wouldn’t fit through the MCG player car park, so hopefully he’s staying levelled despite all weekly (almost daily) media gushing.

Could handle Maynard's comments if he wasn't such a C Grade flog

I have no issues with Maynard’s comments because that’s the sort of bloke he is (having heard the way he talks and the way he interacts with his teammates and fans) plus when it’s him saying that, you just don’t see the opposition trying to get in his ear about it on game day because he’ll give it right back. Old school footballer who can handle his own.

Would love to see him and SPP get into a scuffle next Saturday night. Would be interesting viewing.

Collingwood have only against PA three times in Adel since. Once in 2013 at AO and the last time was in 2017.

Ironically pies have played against Adel at AO 6 times since the 2017 game against Port. Pies have won all 6.

Their record at AO is actually fantastic overall and there really isn’t enough of a sample against port to suggest port have the wood over Collingwood in Adel.
That's quite an achievement, given they only started playing AFL games at AO since 2014.

Not sure why you are making this an anti-vic argument.

I’m not a Collingwood fan and generally hope there is a good contender for them this year.

But to suggest that someone observing a drop off in your club over the weekend is by some way state bias is insane.

Sorry mate, but this reeks of insecurity. Why bring all Victorians into your petty argument? It’s ‘our’ league? 🤦🏽

I’m Victorian and I’ve had nothing but praise for Port, even after losing to the Blues I haven’t written them off.

Don’t change the narrative to make it a #VICBIAS thing when it’s not.
Dont shoot the messenger mate, im just passing comment on observations made, perhaps you should be directing your frustrations to your fellow Vics who've spent the past month in our match day threads hoping for us to fall over before finally coming out of the woodwork to rejoice our loss.
Its your league.

That's quite an achievement, given they only started playing AFL games at AO since 2014.
We’ve played Port twice there, once in 2015 and once in 2017. Odd that we haven’t played them since. We lost our first 4 at AO (including those 2) but have won our last 7 there since (All against Crows and once against Saints this year)

Dont shoot the messenger mate, im just passing comment on observations made, perhaps you should be directing your frustrations to your fellow Vics who've spent the past month in our match day threads hoping for us to fall over before finally coming out of the woodwork to rejoice our loss.
Its your league.
I don’t think that translates to Vic bias though.

FWIW, we’ve had a few Melbourne supporters in our game day threads attempting to troll and when we’re winning, it’s because of the umpires. I’m not calling that VIC bias.

I detest the Pies but they are a brilliantly drilled side. Even if the lose a game there’s no sense of the wheels falling off. Top spot secured and will be able to play their way to the GF without leaving the G.

Port got smashed on Saturday and the game this weekend will be more an indication as to where Port is at rather than Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back