Double Standards

Remove this Banner Ad

MickG88

Club Legend
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the game of Collingwood Vs. Carlton, there was a marking situation where a Carlton player (Boyd, I think) kneed Beau McCreery right in the back of the head and McCreery had to be subbed out of the game. I pose the question why that is a perfect fine action to do and accidently tackling someone in a sling motion is worth three weeks. I just need some clarity on this, as I believe that the two actions should be adjudicated the same.

I don't know if McCreery was subbed with concussion and if he plays next week.

In the game of Collingwood Vs. Carlton, there was a marking situation where a Carlton player (Boyd, I think) kneed Beau McCreery right in the back of the head and McCreery had to be subbed out of the game. I pose the question why that is a perfect fine action to do and accidently tackling someone in a sling motion is worth three weeks. I just need some clarity on this, as I believe that the two actions should be adjudicated the same.

I don't know if McCreery was subbed with concussion and if he plays next week.
Your problem is it the tackle wasn't an accident.

I don’t agree with the particular case chosen out but yes I largely don’t understand why tackles are so heavily penalised, despite being an integral part of the game and a good hard tackle being just as impressive as any other aspect of the game, but a knee to the head in a mark isn’t.

Springing yourself into a player is surely careless. We see heaps of KO’s from marking contests. But a tackle where a player goes limp to try draw a free and gets hurt, 3 weeks!!

I doubt very much that the AFL will interfere with the "SPECCY". Footy would be dead without it

I don’t agree with the particular case chosen out but yes I largely don’t understand why tackles are so heavily penalised, despite being an integral part of the game and a good hard tackle being just as impressive as any other aspect of the game, but a knee to the head in a mark isn’t.

Springing yourself into a player is surely careless. We see heaps of KO’s from marking contests. But a tackle where a player goes limp to try draw a free and gets hurt, 3 weeks!!
I only used that example because it happen recently and resulted in a player being taken from the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back