Vegan/Vegetarian

Remove this Banner Ad

Coz this guy was monopolising the strength/energy pill market.

View attachment 481738

*I know Popeye and Roger Ramjet were released decades apart, but that's not the point

Roger skipped leg day

image_thumb%5B1%5D.png

Forearms wasn't it? Who knows, obscene amounts of spinach might increase the size of one's forearms as will as give a moderate iron level boost as well.

Oh yeah, been ages since I watched it!

I’ve been doing pretty well with the vegan diet, apart from the time I accidentally forgot and bought kfc in a hungover zombie state. It was weird, I froze immediately afterward and Adrenalin kicked in.

I was telling somebody at work that I had done it and they went right off at me saying it’ll cost all the country farmers their livelihoods. Really didn’t expect to get such an emotional response from somebody quite close to me, especially as I am not actively promoting my views on people. Maybe I should start that.

I’ve been doing pretty well with the vegan diet, apart from the time I accidentally forgot and bought kfc in a hungover zombie state. It was weird, I froze immediately afterward and Adrenalin kicked in.

I was telling somebody at work that I had done it and they went right off at me saying it’ll cost all the country farmers their livelihoods. Really didn’t expect to get such an emotional response from somebody quite close to me, especially as I am not actively promoting my views on people. Maybe I should start that.

Strange response.
Sure you’ll be putting the cattle farmers out of business, but the vegetable farmers will be millionaires.

Iron plays a vital role, but I wonder how much we actually need in our diet.
The average healthy body is made up of 0.006 % iron. That makes it a tiny trace element.

Calcium is another one, a very small percentage of body mass, even though the general understanding is that our bones are made of calcium. Countries/cultures that don’t eat dairy also have much lower rates of osteoporosis. Western culture has the highest rate, and also consumes the most dairy.

I think i read a study where though we have a lot of dairy we also consume and use other things in our western cultures and cities that harm oestrogen levels which leads to higher rates of osteoporosis.

Just stumbled on this thread. I've been vegan for nearly 7 years - happy to give any advice on the diet or meals etc. :)
any ideas how to stomach the s**t that Essendon serves up week after week?

any ideas how to stomach the s**t that Essendon serves up week after week?

Funnily enough you're the second Essendon supporter to say that to me.

Sadly, adding a bloke like Stringer is a culture killer. You guys have the talent, but is the culture and desire there?

Funnily enough you're the second Essendon supporter to say that to me.

Sadly, adding a bloke like Stringer is a culture killer. You guys have the talent, but is the culture and desire there?
Stringer is not the meat in our vegan salad. We clearly don’t have the desire, and not 100% convinced on the talent.

I didn’t realise how much of a community the vegan family is. I haven’t come across any self absorbed knobs (think they are limited to online forum and video comments) and have potentially met a mrs korma.

Been a good few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've met my first few annoying people, since giving up meat.

Most people don't care, just as I don't care if they eat meat.

A few people recently have been asking pretty rude questions, almost offended that I dare live a different lifestyle to them, and contiually making jokes like "Is there anything you can eat? You can't eat steaks anymore can you? lolol"

Pretty annoying.

Had a Shakshuka at a Moroccan cafe on Friday. It's vegetarian (not vegan, has eggs) but you get the option of having a lamb sausage with it which I did. While the sausage was a very nice sausage, the stew itself was amazing and more than held up on it's own to the extent I reckon I'll have it sans sausage when I go there again (which I will, damn it was good).

I almost never go vegetarian options when eating out as evidenced by my "it needs the sausage" order the other day, but that experience has sewn the seed that carnivore Pwete might need to take the vego option more seriously going forwards. What else have I been missing out on?

Had a Shakshuka at a Moroccan cafe on Friday. It's vegetarian (not vegan, has eggs) but you get the option of having a lamb sausage with it which I did. While the sausage was a very nice sausage, the stew itself was amazing and more than held up on it's own to the extent I reckon I'll have it sans sausage when I go there again (which I will, damn it was good).

I almost never go vegetarian options when eating out as evidenced by my "it needs the sausage" order the other day, but that experience has sewn the seed that carnivore Pwete might need to take the vego option more seriously going forwards. What else have I been missing out on?
That’s an awesome story!

If you’re in Melbourne, there is a middle eastern place in Carlton called Green Man’s Arms that is fantastic. Similar type foods to what you had and bloody sensational.

Ha. I had one on Sunday. Was amazing. The lamb was moulded onto cinnamon quills and wrapped in thin strands of some kind of pastry. That tomato sauce that's been simmered for god knows how long had such depth of flavour and the perfectly poached eggs.. just an amazing dish I could eat for any meal really.

Ha. I had one on Sunday. Was amazing. The lamb was moulded onto cinnamon quills and wrapped in thin strands of some kind of pastry. That tomato sauce that's been simmered for god knows how long had such depth of flavour and the perfectly poached eggs.. just an amazing dish I could eat for any meal really.

It's certainly a dish I'd recommend to anyone.

Not one myself but have lived with a vegetarian for ten-odd years now so it's a fair portion of my diet. Last night was a hunk of pork the size of my head night, but balanced it today with this: https://frommybowl.com/soba-noodle-salad-peanut-sauce/

It's a ripper if you're after something light.

Had a great chat with a colleague at work last week.

They overheard me saying that I don't eat meat anymore (because I was asked if I like chicken), and apparently felt so offended that they had to tell me why I was wrong.

The usual arguments came out - our teeth and digestive systems prove we're meant to eat it; it's part of the food chain etc.

When I said I don't disagree and do it by choice, they asked why I stopped. I said I don't like the idea of eating animals, they said "what's the deal with vegans? They don't eat eggs but they go around killing snakes". I was dumbstruck. I just said that I can't speak for anyone else (how the heck do you pick apart such a batshit statement?).

They then said they hate "weak men that go vegetarian cause their missus makes 'em".

I laughed without meaning to, then had to find an excuse to walk off.

Apart from how backward and idiotic some of the comments were, I still get frustrated when people take personal offence by someone else's choice not to eat meat.

I have never once told someone to stop eating it. I don't go into detail my own beliefs, because I don't expect others to conform. In fact, I only bring it up if I'm specifically offered meat, and even then I simply say "no thanks" most of the time.

Yet there are some people that feel so offended or threatened that they insist on telling me why I'm wrong, when really, if there were to be a discussion of morals (which I genuinely never want to have with someone on the topic), then..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back