Do supporters on here genuinely hate their team's rivals?

Remove this Banner Ad

difference between clubs with a hundred years of history vs 2 plastic franchises I suppose.

50% of the state wasn't even alive when WC came along and bleed just as hard for their club as you do, chump. My mother also followed East Fremantle her entire life, is it plastic of her to follow Fremantle too?

It aint a thread unless a Richmond supporter tries to throw shit at WA supporters.

I don't know how you can hate a team, to be honest. I dislike St Kilda because of that AFL Trade Rumours page that's run by that nonsensical child, but I have a few mates who are Saints supporters and we love talking about the game.

I dislike GWS because of the actions of a few of their players, and whilst I don't know any GWS supporters - I doubt I'd hate them if I did.

What I've never understood though is how certain supporters of teams think their opinion holds more weight because 22 players that they've had very little to do with (I'd say zero to do with but they may be members and members are important) held up a premiership cup for their team. Yes, there are more successful clubs but that success is attributed to the team, the supporter of those teams can be proud of their success but you had as much to do with those flags as Fremantle fans have had to do with their lack of flags.

It aint a thread unless a Richmond supporter

Fixed it

For mine it’s Essendon. Anyone that saw games at windy hill would understand. But mostly it’s the doping they did. How they survived that is just down to an afl that worries about money over integrity, and footy journalists that put club before the story.

So yeah, any pain they get makes me happy

This basically happened to me. I never hated Brisbane but wasn't exactly fond of the Lions either, after a couple of GF losses.

Have lived in SEQ on and off for the past 15 years and got a little involved with junior footy up there for a couple of years. Met some really good eggs who live the Lions and are passionate about growing the game there. As a result I'm now kinda fond of the Lions and am happy to see them win when it's not against us. Supporters in QLD are the true believers and have to put up with a lot of crap from Rugby League nuffies.

Respect.
Haha well I'd say having to deal with Rugby League being the dominant sport has kept many of our fans humble. And any arrogance that had built up in the collective psyche of the fanbase through the threepeat got beaten down after the terrible decade from 2009-2018.

Currently I despise, hate and completely loath that shit talking lying campaigner Dan Andrews and those incompetent morons who put us in the miserable mess we find ourselves in.
No hate for other clubs here, in fact I usually sing along to team songs when watching other games. It’s just footy, have mellowed out over the years to get worked up over a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I see Freo as much of a rivalry other than a media-manufactured one. May have been the case 20 years ago but not so much anymore.

I think our greatest rivalry at the moment is Collingwood. Lots of tough, close games over the journey but seems like a lot of mutual respect all round. Don't hate them in the slightest.

50% of the state wasn't even alive when WC came along and bleed just as hard for their club as you do, chump. My mother also followed East Fremantle her entire life, is it plastic of her to follow Fremantle too?

It aint a thread unless a Richmond supporter tries to throw sh*t at WA supporters.
looks like they cast the bait and you bit hard...chummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

I don't know how you can hate a team, to be honest. I dislike St Kilda because of that AFL Trade Rumours page that's run by that nonsensical child, but I have a few mates who are Saints supporters and we love talking about the game.

Scoops. It's easier to deal with when you look at it as pure comedy.

I will ****ing hate whoever we are playing while the game is on but get over it pretty quickly afterwards. We don't have any rivals at the moment anyway, we aren't good enough.

Currently I despise, hate and completely loath that sh*t talking lying campaigner Dan Andrews and those incompetent morons who put us in the miserable mess we find ourselves in.
No hate for other clubs here, in fact I usually sing along to team songs when watching other games. It’s just footy, have mellowed out over the years to get worked up over a game.
Yep, wish we had a competent leader like Trump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back