Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a group too often discrimined against. I think it's because we're far too harsh on excessive flatulence in public spaces. I find I quite often get some very uncomfortable stares.

If humans were as smart as they think they are, they should realise that any restaurant catering to the horse market could also be more sustainable.

Between the quantity of s**t and farts we generate in a typical stay, an all horse clientele could both fertilise all the crops used to make the meal, and power a decent sized microturbine to power the restaurant.

I am so Green, I should be able to walk through Northcote and have hispters falling down to kiss my hooves and offer me mason jars of Kombucha for merely existing. Instead I get sour looks for shitting on their fixie bikes. Ingrates.

I'm afraid you are the only target of the ponies, as only you were unwise enough to qualify for level 3 consequences. Like intercontinental ballistic missiles, they are speeding to your door, +/- 50 metres accuracy, but twice as destructive as a thermonuclear warhead and infinitely more furry.

In any case, I am not sure I would ever be so unwise as to dispatch ponies to take care of Greeks, as ably attested by jathanas, Greeks seem able to find common cause with them, possibly due to a mutual appreciation for excessive alcohol consumption, ultra violence, spindly calf development, and a taste for world conquest dating back to Alexander. Rumours that Bucephalus was in fact a pony are true. Any ponies I sent would probably return, scream "This is Spartaaaaaaaa" and kick me in the nuts into a pit. fu** that.

Plus, they kind of owe us for the whole Trojan thing, and we are hoping to collect still.

Signed: Bad Horse (Dr Strangehorse)
I'd be interested in your take on Mongolia. Mongolians have an incredible infinity with horses. Kids often learn to ride before they can walk. Horses are venerated, but also milked and eaten.

I'd be interested in your take on Mongolia. Mongolians have an incredible infinity with horses. Kids often learn to ride before they can walk. Horses are venerated, but also milked and eaten.

I generally prefer Turkmenistan, which is just as big on the veneration and centrality of horses but not so much on the consumption.

Not to be confused with Hardistan, which also has a famous Turkman, but not so sure whether horses are allowed. We would be the only thing hairier than ottoman and I don't think he likes the competition.

Australia's vaccine rate is currently under 5000 a day. In order to have the whole population vaccinated by October, this number needs to reach 200000 a day. There is quite a gap to be filled before we reach this target!
Is it limited by supply? The storage requirements mean we probably need to use it or lose it.

Is it limited by supply? The storage requirements mean we probably need to use it or lose it.
No. There is plenty of supply for the moment. We also have the first of the 3 million AZ vaccines from overseas. The next 50 million will be manufactured here. I would stake my apartment on a delay producing and administering our home grown stuff too. The current delay is down to caution, more caution, even more caution, and a total inability to efficiently employ the many tens of thousands of doses already at our disposal.

No. There is plenty of supply for the moment. We also have the first of the 3 million AZ vaccines from overseas. The next 50 million will be manufactured here. I would stake my apartment on a delay producing and administering our home grown stuff too. The current delay is down to caution, more caution, even more caution, and a total inability to efficiently employ the many tens of thousands of doses already at our disposal.
Look on the bright side TGG - the virus may have (or will have) disappeared by the time it’s your turn 😆

Look on the bright side TGG - the virus may have (or will have) disappeared by the time it’s your turn 😆

You might find he'll turn into something like this after 8 lockdowns re.. *en forget about it mate.

20210304_202941.jpg

Last edited:
I personally think he should make his own vaccine - it's amazing what you can whip up out of the stuff at the back of the pantry.

Plus you'd think there'd be a youtube DIY tutorial out by now.

I personally think he should make his own vaccine - it's amazing what you can whip up out of the stuff at the back of the pantry.

Plus you'd think there'd be a youtube DIY tutorial out by now.
great idea SR - there’d be more likelihood of it killing the virus🤣

great idea SR - there’d be more likelihood of it killing the virus🤣

I made some strange connection to Macbeth then. I went and saw Macbeth in Shanghai in 2019. Looking back, Shakespeare was either prediciting covid or perhaps giving the Chinese a recipe to create it.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made some strange connection to Macbeth then. I went and saw Macbeth in Shanghai in 2019. Looking back, Shakespeare was either prediciting covid or perhaps giving the Chinese a recipe to create it.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Throw in the noodles and you've got their breakfast broth.

Victoria is STILL not accepting overseas' arrivals. I thought it was just suspending them during the lockdown but it seems this is a long term measure. We are a state intent on shirking our national responsibility.
That responsibility should rest with the Federal government.

Tell that to the Australians trying to return home. Do we just leave them stranded until the issue is resolved to Victoria's satisfaction? Other states are still fulfilling their quota.
It’s been over a year since the pandemic started. Why haven’t the Feds created national quarantine centres away from cities? Why do we even need hotel quarantine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back