Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably receive a 5 star review from them. It's an automatic 4 stars as long as you haven't abused staff for wrecking your opioid high by injecting you with Narcan.

I wasn't as responsive a guest as they might have liked, but the upside was that I made very few demands of my host.

If you were unresponsive be worried if you receive a 5 star review.

After I shuffled back to my apartment from the hospital, I made the mistake of looking at myself in the mirror.

I have no fear that anyone got any closer to me than they absolutely needed to.

Went to a *en Greek restaurant last night.. big call but the *en best in Melbourne I reckon man.. 'The Greek Spot' in Hawthorn.. wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner or s**t like that.. doesn't have that sort of *en ambience about it and that re.. place looks like s**t..

If you wanna go somewhere for a decent sized meal.. authentic.. that sort of s**t.. 2nd to none man.. good for a family get together.. party or whatever.. a no frills sit in.. pre game meal. Family owned and runned. Love that *en s**t man.

Went to a fu**en Greek restaurant last night.. big call but the fu**en best in Melbourne I reckon man.. 'The Greek Spot' in Hawthorn.. wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner or sh*t like that.. doesn't have that sort of fu**en ambience about it and that re.. place looks like sh*t..

If you wanna go somewhere for a decent sized meal.. authentic.. that sort of sh*t.. 2nd to none man.. good for a family get together.. party or whatever.. a no frills sit in.. pre game meal. Family owned and runned. Love that fu**en sh*t man.

I love a good Greek restaurant. Even though I think you're just plugging your mate Spiro's new business venture - I'll check it out if I ever get back to Melbourne.

I love a good Greek restaurant. Even though I think you're just plugging your mate Spiro's new business venture - I'll check it out if I ever get back to Melbourne.

I'm in the market for a new car.. stumbled across it.. seriously.. the food was awesome.. coming from a Greek.. says a lot.

Went to a fu**en Greek restaurant last night.. big call but the fu**en best in Melbourne I reckon man.. 'The Greek Spot' in Hawthorn.. wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner or sh*t like that.. doesn't have that sort of fu**en ambience about it and that re.. place looks like sh*t..

If you wanna go somewhere for a decent sized meal.. authentic.. that sort of sh*t.. 2nd to none man.. good for a family get together.. party or whatever.. a no frills sit in.. pre game meal. Family owned and runned. Love that fu**en sh*t man.

Do they serve horses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you’re okay JB

ps what did you do with WalterBlaknWhte?

WalterBlaknWhte was last seen heading towards the office of the Premier with a glint in his eye spraying "Eau de Daryl" liberally on his person.

I expect him to resurface when good and ready, mission accomplished, in a hospital recovery ward somewhere to receive an Order of Australia and the thanks of a grateful nation.

A line item in the next budget appropriation bill to provide a single rose to be placed at his door in perpetuity will raise eyebrows, and a knowing smile in Macquarie Street

Apparently a fair bit of horse meat is consumed in Greece, so they might.

I'll send the carrots next pay day.
It's not on their board, so I think horses are off the menu. As far as a horse dining there is concerned, looking at the tightly packed tables with their white cloths and napkins, my guess is that the restaurant did not have horses in mind as paying guests when they designed the restaurant and established the decor.

What is it with Greeks and white bait? I was horrified the first and last time I ate a seafood platter in a Turkish restaurant, to discover that the bed of the stacked fish consisted entirely of smelly white bait. I have only ever used white bait on the end of a hook to catch bigger, more edible fish. What does anyone see in a piece of white bait fish which has even less appeal than a sardine from a can?

Apparently a fair bit of horse meat is consumed in Greece, so they might.

OK, I may need someone to translate "Horses are Pets not Produce" into Greek for me.

Perhaps I can encapsulate that feeling in a belly button lint sculpture?

I'll send the carrots next pay day.

Too late. You have now qualified for level 3 consequences. I suggest you put your affairs in order and say goodbye to your loved ones. The ponies have been dispatched, and like The Terminator, they are deadly, methodical, and for the purposes of this tortured metaphor, you are now Sarah Connor.

But please still send carrots.

It's not on their board, so I think horses are off the menu. As far as a horse dining there is concerned, looking at the tightly packed tables with their white cloths and napkins, my guess is that the restaurant did not have horses in mind as paying guests when they designed the restaurant and established the decor.

What is it with Greeks and white bait? I was horrified the first and last time I ate a seafood platter in a Turkish restaurant, to discover that the bed of the stacked fish consisted entirely of smelly white bait. I have only ever used white bait on the end of a hook to catch bigger, more edible fish. What does anyone see in a piece of white bait fish which has even less appeal than a sardine from a can?

Crumbed sardines.. can't *en beat em re..

OK, I may need someone to translate "Horses are Pets not Produce" into Greek for me.
Actually, I misread. I don't think they do eat much horse. I did a quick Google search to see if Greeks ate horse and the headline was 2nd most in EU, but that was the horsemeat scandal from a few years.

So you might want to stop the ponies heading for JB007 and BringouttheGimp

You see, this is where I feel society is failing. How can you set up a restaurant and not cater to the horse market?

How many times have I gone to eat somewhere and received those looks from the waiters. They don't see me as a customer, just an expensive bill for replacing broken furniture not designed to accommodate the bulk of a seven foot bipedal horse man. Well, dammit, they should design for us I say.

And the rest too. A carrot menu and dedicated carrot course should be mandatory. And a complimentary trough of water. And straw for those unfortunate accidents. And somewhere for Josh to sit. Just basics dammit.

I think I need a youtube rant channel. I could monetize the * out of that.

You see, this is where I feel society is failing. How can you set up a restaurant and not cater to the horse market?

How many times have I gone to eat somewhere and received those looks from the waiters. They don't see me as a customer, just an expensive bill for replacing broken furniture not designed to accommodate the bulk of a seven foot bipedal horse man. Well, dammit, they should design for us I say.

And the rest too. A carrot menu and dedicated carrot course should be mandatory. And a complimentary trough of water. And straw for those unfortunate accidents. And somewhere for Josh to sit. Just basics dammit.

I think I need a youtube rant channel. I could monetize the fu** out of that.
I checked out the place or your behalf and found it lacking in food and amenities conducive to your tastes and needs. Even some of the patrons in their reviews complained about the contents of the Greek salad, but there is absolute no attempt made to even begin to cater for the tastes of a horse. Some even complained there was nothing green in their salad, not even cucumber. You'd have thought that any Greek restaurant looking to cater to the equine market would have horse float parking, wide berths between tables, troughs as you suggest rather than piddly little glasses and carafes of water along with a hearty carrot and greens based Greek horse salad. If I were you and had a sharper hoof, I would be adding my comments to their google reviews. Or get Josh to do it when you have finished collecting your haul of belly lint.

Actually, I misread. I don't think they do eat much horse. I did a quick Google search to see if Greeks ate horse and the headline was 2nd most in EU, but that was the horsemeat scandal from a few years.

So you might want to stop the ponies heading for JB007 and BringouttheGimp

I'm afraid you are the only target of the ponies, as only you were unwise enough to qualify for level 3 consequences. Like intercontinental ballistic missiles, they are speeding to your door, +/- 50 metres accuracy, but twice as destructive as a thermonuclear warhead and infinitely more furry.

In any case, I am not sure I would ever be so unwise as to dispatch ponies to take care of Greeks, as ably attested by jathanas, Greeks seem able to find common cause with them, possibly due to a mutual appreciation for excessive alcohol consumption, ultra violence, spindly calf development, and a taste for world conquest dating back to Alexander. Rumours that Bucephalus was in fact a pony are true. Any ponies I sent would probably return, scream "This is Spartaaaaaaaa" and kick me in the nuts into a pit. * that.

Plus, they kind of owe us for the whole Trojan thing, and we are hoping to collect still.

Signed: Bad Horse (Dr Strangehorse)

Last edited:
I checked out the place or your behalf and found it lack in food and amenities conducive to your tastes and needs. Even some of the patrons in their reviews complained about the contents of the Greek salad, but there is absolute no attempt made to even begin to cater for the tastes of a horse. Some even complained there was nothing green in their salad, not even cucumber. You'd have thought that any Greek restaurant looking to cater to the equine market would have horse float parking, wide berths between tables, troughs as you suggest rather than piddly little glasses and carafes of water along with a hearty carrot and greens based Greek horse salad. If I were you and had a sharper hoof, I would be adding my comments to their google reviews. Or get Josh to do it when you have finished collecting your haul of belly lint.
It's a group too often discrimined against. I think it's because we're far too harsh on excessive flatulence in public spaces. I find I quite often get some very uncomfortable stares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back