Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

This was stolen from a general thread with all the updates amended as per the thread over the past two days.

The below data places us at 10th if Freo don’t have more members than us, or 11th if they do.

That puts us in the mid range of clubs as intended by Andrew Bassat and the club executive. Not a bad effort. Sustained and continual growth could see is reach even higher numbers on the next few years.

Richmond = 100,274 (May 6)

Carlton = 80,369 (as of April 14)

Collingwood = 75,000 (May 6 )

Essendon = 72,000 (as of May 6)

Hawthorn = 70,559 (May 6)

Geelong = 64,000 ( May 6)

Port Adelaide = 57,219

St Kilda = 54,211 (May 6)

Sydney = 48,689

Melbourne = 46,898 (April 23)

Western Bulldogs = 45,000 (May 6)

North Melbourne = 39,401 (May 6)

Brisbane = 31,000 (announced on March 17)

GWS = "around" 25,000 (as of March 25)

West Coast = NA

Adelaide = NA

Fremantle = NA

View attachment 1119487

One thing that I really noticed at the game last week end was how many Hawks fans were teenagers. They have a very young supporter base with heaps of groups of mid teens at the game. We have older fans from mid 20s up but predominantly people in their 30s to 50s.

My son and his Saints mates don't really engage and don't really want to go to games. If we actually start playing well we should engage the kids that the Riewoldt generation bought in to the club. When my son was at primary school there were lots of kids who followed us despite having parents that followed other clubs. It will hopefully be a big growth area as those kids become adults and reengage.

The kicker is that we need some sustained success, as long as we stay out of finals and hope goes missing the harder it will be to pull those fans back in. Finnis needs to get serious about on field success or all his work will just be garnishing a turd.

One thing that I really noticed at the game last week end was how many Hawks fans were teenagers. They have a very young supporter base with heaps of groups of mid teens at the game. We have older fans from mid 20s up but predominantly people in their 30s to 50s.

My son and his Saints mates don't really engage and don't really want to go to games. If we actually start playing well we should engage the kids that the Riewoldt generation bought in to the club. When my son was at primary school there were lots of kids who followed us despite having parents that followed other clubs. It will hopefully be a big growth area as those kids become adults and reengage.

The kicker is that we need some sustained success, as long as we stay out of finals and hope goes missing the harder it will be to pull those fans back in. Finnis needs to get serious about on field success or all his work will just be garnishing a turd.

yep..only a flag will get us past Geelong into that next bracket. We could make finals 20 years running and it wont close that gap without a cup

Couldn't agree more. Success breeds success and failure is barren. We've paid badly for the Pelchen Trout Richo era.

I don't believe in an afterlife but if it does exist, I hope when the Pelican dies he has to spend eternity in Yabby's company being reminded of what was requested on his deathbed and badly The Pelican let him down. You wouldn't want to let Jeansy down would you?

Couldn't agree more. Success breeds success and failure is barren. We've paid badly for the Pelchen Trout Richo era.

I don't believe in an afterlife but if it does exist, I hope when the Pelican dies he has to spend eternity in Yabby's company being reminded of what was requested on his deathbed and badly The Pelican let him down. You wouldn't want to let Jeansy down would you?

i'd settle for having Trout do a radio interview and explain some of his bizarre decisions

i'd settle for having Trout do a radio interview and explain some of his bizarre decisions
Him and Ned Guy should do a comedy tour like Warrick Capper and Mark Jackson did back in the day, on stage together reminiscing about their wheeling and dealing.

"Yeah yeah, Christian Petracca brownlow medalist, could have been exactly what the Saints were after at the time, but he just seemed a bit up himself to me. I saw him winking at me, although in retrospect I actually think he might have been trying to hold back a sneeze."

"That reminds me of the time when Bucks told me I had to get Adam Treloar out of the club and I shopped him around and begged the first club to call me back to take him off our hands and I told them we'd pay them. After the deal went through I realised I'd got him mixed up with this spud that hadn't played in the seniors team for years."

Last edited:
This was stolen from a general thread with all the updates amended as per the thread over the past two days.

The below data places us at 10th if Freo don’t have more members than us, or 11th if they do.

That puts us in the mid range of clubs as intended by Andrew Bassat and the club executive. Not a bad effort. Sustained and continual growth could see is reach even higher numbers on the next few years.

Richmond = 100,274 (May 6)

Carlton = 80,369 (as of April 14)

Collingwood = 75,000 (May 6 )

Essendon = 72,000 (as of May 6)

Hawthorn = 70,559 (May 6)

Geelong = 64,000 ( May 6)

Port Adelaide = 57,219

St Kilda = 54,211 (May 6)

Sydney = 48,689

Melbourne = 46,898 (April 23)

Western Bulldogs = 45,000 (May 6)

North Melbourne = 39,401 (May 6)

Brisbane = 31,000 (announced on March 17)

GWS = "around" 25,000 (as of March 25)

West Coast = NA

Adelaide = NA

Fremantle = NA

View attachment 1119487
Brilliant- only 15-20 thousand behind coll, hawks and essendon and order has been restored by being way in front of north , dogs and Melbourne.

We keep chugging along!

Current Membership Tally (12/05/2021):

This Time Last Year (05/08/2020):
~47,000

Difference:
+7,629

All-Time Tally;

1. 54,629 (2021)
2. 48,775 (2020)
3. 45,678 (2018)
4. 42,910 (2019)
5. 42,094 (2017)

Projected Final Total:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost for words
Pretty incredible that we not only broke our record or the 50k barrier but we are on 55k.
Imagine what we could do if we actually had some success.

Current Membership Tally (18/05/2021):

This Time Last Year (05/08/2020):
~47,000

Difference:
+8,012

All-Time Tally;

1. 55,012 (2021)
2. 48,775 (2020)
3. 45,678 (2018)
4. 42,910 (2019)
5. 42,094 (2017)

Projected Final Total:

Projected to get near on 57,000 members.

A few good weeks and within striking distance of the eight and, well, I don't want to say 60,000 is achievable but we are going to be bloody close.

Herculean effort from the membership guys.

Projected to get near on 57,000 members.

A few good weeks and within striking distance of the eight and, well, I don't want to say 60,000 is achievable but we are going to be bloody close.

Herculean effort from the membership guys.
We snag a flag we could get 75k members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back