VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonie has had 1 good game for Sandy, when he puts together 5 to 6 games for Sandy like Dunstan did then maybe

Only staying to wstch Bytel's centre work. Must have had 5 clearances and 10 possessions this qtr.

Another clearance from Bytel. Every centre bounce he gets a possession.

Now just ran through a bloke. The kent is playing the best midfield game I have seen in the VFL for Sandy

Was going to leave just after 3/4 time but had to stay to watch his clearance and midfield work.

The 4th qtr stats doesn't tell the full story. Can't remember a wasted disposal hitting forwards on the tit time and time again.

Was the best midfield performance I have ever seen, regardless of the opposition which admittedly was average

Was going to leave just after 3/4 time but had to stay to watch his clearance and midfield work.

The 4th qtr stats doesn't tell the full story. Can't remember a wasted disposal hitting forwards on the tit time and time again.

Was the best midfield performance I have ever seen, regardless of the opposition which admittedly was average

He's a very good kick.

Lonie is slow, with little t-rex arms and can barely kick over 35 meters. He might lay a lot of tackles, but there is a big difference between a Lonie tackle and a full-grown man tackle. His only trick is to flop for free kicks. Hard pass from me.

I love how recently we have gone from a timid team to a bunch of hard kents mainly on the back of the Steele-Crouch-Dunstan triple-threat and Long up forward.

We need to move on from Lonie and we also need to get a big off-season in to Clark and Coffield to turn them in to weapons. Maybe get them to shadow Billings for a few months to learn how to fight & become more Alpha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonie is slow, with little t-rex arms and can barely kick over 35 meters. He might lay a lot of tackles, but there is a big difference between a Lonie tackle and a full-grown man tackle. His only trick is to flop for free kicks. Hard pass from me.

I love how recently we have gone from a timid team to a bunch of hard kents mainly on the back of the Steele-Crouch-Dunstan triple-threat and Long up forward.

We need to move on from Lonie and we also need to get a big off-season in to Clark and Coffield to turn them in to weapons. Maybe get them to shadow Billings for a few months to learn how to fight & become more Alpha.

Butler doesn't do much with tackles either. Both need to score to justify themselves.

Butler doesn't do much with tackles either. Both need to score to justify themselves.

Didn’t he give away a few free kicks for being overly vigorous in the tackle on the weekend?

We're heading into Mav Weller territory with the creative selection justification.

992374-11376-2021.png
Is that a scan of Mav’s anus prior to the bleaching? 🤔

You were going well until you said that

Didn’t he give away a few free kicks for being overly vigorous in the tackle on the weekend?

Yeas he did. Or you could say he was more frustrated and did dumb things. Lonie tackles too and does take bigger guys down but both are like angry chihuahuas more than pit-bulls. Their pressure is more being in the vicinity more than body contact stuff.

Because when someone raised the point that Luke was average in that game , Mind you about 10 others were just as bad , everyone drags it out .

I think its more a case of refuting the now widely quoted belief that he’s been hard done by all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its more a case of refuting the now widely quoted belief that he’s been hard done by all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how you come to that conclusion, of course he was hard done by.

Dunstan has played 100+ games for the Saints, missed most of last season through injury yet at the start of the year when he was back to full fitness wasn't even included in the first practice match and was then given a half in the 2nd match.

They then pick Bytel for the first game and then despite underperforming they keep him in the team.

And then on the back of no VFL games they give Dunstan a run and then immediately dump him even though he performed better than Bytel (and a number of other players) in that match.

The coaching staff had a closed mindset about Dunstan at the start of the season and now it might cost us at the end of the season.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, of course he was hard done by.

Dunstan has played 100+ games for the Saints, missed most of last season through injury yet at the start of the year when he was back to full fitness wasn't even included in the first practice match and was then given a half in the 2nd match.

They then pick Bytel for the first game and then despite underperforming they keep him in the team.

And then on the back of no VFL games they give Dunstan a run and then immediately dump him even though he performed better than Bytel (and a number of other players) in that match.

The coaching staff had a closed mindset about Dunstan at the start of the season and now it might cost us at the end of the season.
I guess they figured Bytel had more upside and we have seen a fair body of work from Dunstan. Pretty easy to justify that view. His form has really come from nowhere. Shocked nearly all of us and everyone is rapt for him. So impressive to go back and work that hard without dropping his head. If he's pissed off and leaves then so be it. He'd have most supporters blessing I imagine and very few supporters could point the finger at the club.

I guess they figured Bytel had more upside and we have seen a fair body of work from Dunstan. Pretty easy to justify that view. His form has really come from nowhere. Shocked nearly all of us and everyone is rapt for him. So impressive to go back and work that hard without dropping his head. If he's pissed off and leaves then so be it. He'd have most supporters blessing I imagine and very few supporters could point the finger at the club.
And the coaches were wrong.

Dunstan averaged 20+ possession a game with Billy Longer and Tom Hickey in the ruck, you dont have to be rocket surgeon to figure out he'd do better with a better ruck combo.

The thing that really s***'s me about early selections were that at the start of a season, when we were supposed to be aiming for finals, they went with the untried "future" rather than the solid reliable known.

Dunstan averaged 20+ possession a game with Billy Longer and Tom Hickey in the ruck, you dont have to be rocket surgeon to figure out he'd do better with a better ruck combo.

The thing that really s***'s me about early selections were that at the start of a season, when we were supposed to be aiming for finals, they went with the untried "future" rather than the solid reliable known.
that played badly in his game last year before he got injured.

played badly when he played this year until he got dropped. prevous years he was ok, not great, but ok.

He did play pretty crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back