Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is our game is won in the midfield, good aerobic capacity, ball retention, accurate distribution to team advantage by hand and foot is what it’s all about.
The best teams have magnificent midfielders.
Notice tigers unravel when the Cotchin & Martin infrastructure is missing?
It will be blatantly noticeable in the finals.

I'd go so far as to say that if we had a decent midfield, Teague would almost certainly still be coach. If we were better around the contest and had better kicking skills (less turnovers) with more run, Teague's game plan would have stood a very good chance of succeeding, imo. I'm sure they'll go some way to addressing that this offseason, which is a boon for the incoming coach.

I'd go so far as to say that if we had a decent midfield, Teague would almost certainly still be coach. If we were better around the contest and had better kicking skills (less turnovers) with more run, Teague's game plan would have stood a very good chance of succeeding, imo. I'm sure they'll go some way to addressing that this offseason, which is a boon for the incoming coach.

Did you even read the summary of the review?

In summary of summary - Teague's game plan was horsesh*t and he refused to make changes.

I don't think so. He hasn't had a great year and it's been reasonably interrupted through injury but the one saving grace is he does have talent. We've also seen players go through work in the 2's and come out the other end improved so the hope is still there.
Also was rarely played in his position. Dropped to the twos and got ten tackles in the middle.
Kennedy was hopeless early in the year on the wing and turned it around when played in his natural position, and I rate Setters higher than Kennedy on talent.

best case scenario he turns it around and he becomes the gun I think he could be, worst case scenario he provides depth for a while. Persist.

Looking forward to this all blowing over.

The melts in here and the media have been amazing for the last two months.

People were calling for teagues blood months ago, and when hes let go the response has been amazing. Development or not we didnt win, gave up leads and goals. 'We are playing guys past their primes, not developing younger players or playing them out of position.

I do think its been poorly handled by the club, but its not like Pies, Hawks, Crows, Suns, Roos havent been a rabble of late too.

And while Im sure Teague's a nice guy but i wouldnt mind celebrating another flag in my lifetime....

what team would? look at the likes of hawks and roos - they dont wins and competed. sh*t we lost to the roos and suns who both have a lower level of talent i would argue.

... Not in the middle.

I don't think Teague played the right plan for the players he had, but he might have been sticking to his guns to get everyone on the same page for when the cattle arrived ... who knows?

I'm not a huge Teague fan - I was frustrated this season as well with selections and what appeared to be lack of effort, but I also said preseason that with the lack of speed and skill in the middle, we wouldn't be going far.

I am arguing that the comparison made between Jones in 2014 and McGovern in 2021 is not an apt one, because of list circumstances. In 2015, we had Rowe and Matthew Watson; that's it. Now, we have a top tier first and second level AFL defender in Weitering and Jones; we have McDonald, Marchbank, Kemp, Williamson; even if you would like to dispute some to all of those names, even in disputing them you are recognising that the list situations are different.
Not trying to pick a fight but not sure why 2014/15 is relevant to Jones? He was only trialled in the backline in 2017, KPDs on the list at that time: Weitering (22 games), Marchbank (16 games), Macreadie (8 games), Rowe (9 games), plus third talls in Plowman (21 games) and White (11 games).

Not overly different in terms of depth to the current situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Sayers spoke really well on SEN this morning. Interesting things that went under the radar:

1) Apparently Teague preferred to wait until the end of the season for the review findings and feedback. This goes against the media narrative of us stringing him along for weeks.

2) Deisel will head the approach/search for a new coach. This indicates to me that Lyon is a formality appointment (which I approve of) considering the supposed good relationship between Deisel and Lyon.

The annoying thing with the mainstream media is that all the focus is on the delivery of the decision and the historic instability at the club which is all insignificant. However the important thing that doesn’t get enough coverage is that we reached the correct outcome for the club to drive us forward. No media pundit or journalist could argue otherwise.

Mitch as a forward, Mitch as a defender, Mitch on the bench, it doesn’t matter, Mitch can’t stay fit long enough, to do any of them.

If the club feels, his body is just not up to the rigours of AFL football, then move him on, regardless of the return, if the club feels, he can get his body right, then he has a spot, but his skill is not the issue.

If Gov and our first rounder to Freo gets it done for Cerra I’d do it….we can cover what Gov can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to pick a fight but not sure why 2014/15 is relevant to Jones? He was only trialled in the backline in 2017, KPDs on the list at that time: Weitering (22 games), Marchbank (16 games), Macreadie (8 games), Rowe (9 games), plus third talls in Plowman (21 games) and White (11 games).

Not overly different in terms of depth to the current situation.
Got my timelines wrong.

Thought Sayers spoke really well on SEN this morning. Interesting things that went under the radar:

1) Apparently Teague preferred to wait until the end of the season for the review findings and feedback. This goes against the media narrative of us stringing him along for weeks.

2) Deisel will head the approach/search for a new coach. This indicates to me that Lyon is a formality appointment (which I approve of) considering the supposed good relationship between Deisel and Lyon.

The annoying thing with the mainstream media is that all the focus is on the delivery of the decision and the historic instability at the club which is all insignificant. However the important thing that doesn’t get enough coverage is that we reached the correct outcome for the club to drive us forward. No media pundit or journalist could argue otherwise.

Pretty sure most said that at the appointment of our last 3 coaches at least?

Arrow, where is all the talk on Riccardi to Carlton coming from?

No Discussion Thread, but, it does make sense that he wants more opportunities and us having a thin spine

any idea if he would be interested in coaching again ?

Maybe, nothing I have heard recently

I don't think so. He hasn't had a great year and it's been reasonably interrupted through injury but the one saving grace is he does have talent. We've also seen players go through work in the 2's and come out the other end improved so the hope is still there.

Perhaps with the new coach, application & form may turn iaround for Setterfield & Dow & others , some of our youngsters will respond positively, to new mentoring & game plan others may stagnate, it will be a very interesting and exciting time.
Any one of Buckley,Lyon , Pyke or Scott, would be good outcome for CFC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back