Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on him for staying and trying for a flag at Port but in the context of Carlton hiring it’s coach I think he could’ve experienced more over the past 8 years, particularly as a guy looking for a second chance.

Im worried about, why he’s missed on so many jobs, but him coaching an AFL side, is a positive and not a negative IMO, I’d see that as a lot better apprenticeship, than just being an assistant, madness for him to accept it in the first place.

Hes also been at Port for 7 seasons, not 8

Personally I think a coach who has something to prove (Voss) is a better pick than one we have to beg for (Clarko).*

Personally, though, I’m team Kingsley, and have been from the beginning.

* To be clear, if Clarko was appointed I wouldn’t be upset. He’s one of the greatest coaches of all time. I question, though, whether his heart will be in it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Voss got knocked back by the Pies. How would you feel if Voss is the Blues next coach?
TBH at this point I don't mind who it is but I've already seen 2 articles referring to Kingsley as "Collingwood's second choice"

Im worried about, why he’s missed on so many jobs, but him coaching an AFL side, is a positive and not a negative IMO, I’d see that as a lot better apprenticeship, than just being an assistant, madness for him to accept it in the first place.

Hes also been at Port for 7 seasons, not 8
I think with Voss’ coaching stint, it was at a time when club favourites had the chance to coach right away - without any apprenticeship :eek:

Personally I think a coach who has something to prove (Voss) is a better pick than one we have to beg for (Clarko).*

Personally, though, I’m team Kingsley, and have been from the beginning.

* To be clear, if Clarko was appointed I wouldn’t be upset. He’s one of the greatest coaches of all time. I question, though, whether his heart will be in it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree entirely with you re whether Clarkson is really that interested and it appears that he isnt from what has been reported from his manager.

I think our focus should be finding the next Clarkson rather than throwing money at the current one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its not working isnt it on the head coach to change it? Seems like that was a Hinkley fail, not a Voss fail.
So what is Voss going to be responsible for then? Does Hinkley set up the forwards and backs every week too? If I was to hazard a guess there'd be Oppo analysis meeting into a meeting with assistant + coach directions meeting. They'd be equally at fault for the hopeless set-ups they did.
The assistants still play a large role

All the way back in 2004 Clarkson was described as an underwhelming selection ahead of the likes of Rodney Eade and Terry Wallace.

Voss was horrible at the Lions. Had been passed over many times since, including us.

I just don’t see this working out well for us.

Augmenting your point...our biggest hurdle is culture...and moving the mindset to losing not being an option as best expressed by tackle numbers and gut running. Voss has that in spades. The game plan and tactical nous you can buy to surround Voss. I am a firm believer we firstly need a coach who can hold the dressing room to account. Carlton select Voss, who was always my choice; I will understand why

While the Demons sit 1st for tackles, Dogs are 9th

GC, Saints 2nd and 3rd

There is no correlation between tackles and culture

I think Cook is more of collaborator and communicator with vision, exactly what Carlton needs.

Spot on. You'll hear lots of talk about "people" and "values" from him + he's a numbers nerd always dropping stats (I've had the pleasure of interviewing him a few times). One more thing you'll notice about Cooky is that he openly states "I'm not gonna get everything right" but he moves guys on fairly quickly and efficiently if he feels he can improve the department, so in the long run he always backs himself in. Interesting how you've got him for 3 years though so I think he'll be the guy that sets the benchmarks, sets the culture, gets good people in who can support one another etc and then he hands it over to a mentee to kick on from there. Oh before i forget he'll put a great emphasis on the player leadership group which will help your young guns enormously.

ps: if my friend Jimmy is reading this I know he'll have a smile ear to ear "Yia sou Jimmako!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back