Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald Sun reports that the Magpies have made an informal approach to Voss for the opening – who captained the Lions in two grand final wins against them in 2002 and 2003
I have got to be honest with you, I have given it little thought,” he told SEN radio on Monday.

“Once the Collingwood coaching job was finalised I have really given not much thought to anything else because there was such a big month that was coming up and such an important set of games that we (Port) had ahead of us.

What’s your point?

Lots happening right now that is a huge contrast to what we’ve done previously. However, this coaching selection would seem relatively underwhelming to what we’ve done over the past month.

We're any of the previous three coaching choices overwhelming appointments? It's hard to argue they were at the time, and the results back it up. I'm more than happy to support Michael Voss if he's the choice. Id argue he'd be a far different head coach the second time around, and clearly far more experienced and knowledgeable than his rookie appointment, which he admits he should never have accepted. And this time around he won't be coaching his former teammates.

Ok so it's all done.
So Cook came on proviso he gets the credit for changing Clarkson's mind, even though it's already changed.

If in fact Clarko is keen and has already agreed as long as someone like Cooke is on board, then Cooke should have the honour of taking credit.

Paradoxically many on here are cheering that this may be some of charade. With Clarko making a grand entrance. This is old Carlton with an illusionary twist of new age process :)

Ironically, if we allowed old Carlton to make decisions ie Judd & SOS (people in the know) and not left it to the young CEO, some inexperienced footy personnel and people power, we wouldn't had a training wheels coach and may not be in this position. Very confusing :think:

Spot on. You'll hear lots of talk about "people" and "values" from him + he's a numbers nerd always dropping stats (I've had the pleasure of interviewing him a few times). One more thing you'll notice about Cooky is that he openly states "I'm not gonna get everything right" but he moves guys on fairly quickly and efficiently if he feels he can improve the department, so in the long run he always backs himself in. Interesting how you've got him for 3 years though so I think he'll be the guy that sets the benchmarks, sets the culture, gets good people in who can support one another etc and then he hands it over to a mentee to kick on from there. Oh before i forget he'll put a great emphasis on the player leadership group which will help your young guns enormously.

ps: if my friend Jimmy is reading this I know he'll have a smile ear to ear "Yia sou Jimmako!"
Agree, 3 years to set the culture, structure and direction for the club, and handover the reigns. Reckon there’d be a few CEOs in waiting who would love the opportunity to be mentored by Cook and then run a club like Carlton.

In pre COVID times, at least one journo would have camped outside Clarko's house and effectively stalked him to confirm he is out (or in). The classic "interview" as he is stepping into his car, trying to just live his life. That could have saved a lot of posts in here, including by me

We're any of the previous three coaching choices overwhelming appointments? It's hard to argue they were at the time, and the results back it up. I'm more than happy to support Michael Voss if he's the choice. Id argue he'd be a far different head coach the second time around, and clearly far more experienced and knowledgeable than his rookie appointment, which he admits he should never have accepted. And this time around he won't be coaching his former teammates.

I think the point I was trying to make is that we are a lot different now from an administrative position and set up than what we were under those coaching selections.

However, I’m a Sayers homer and I’ll back him in to make the right decision. He’s a very, very smart guy.

I’m fairly certain who ever coaches us will have the tools required to succeed in the craft.

Brian Cook is absolutely the biggest signing of our off season.

He will drive this appointment and support whoever is given the role, he will go to bat for the coach and take the pressure off them.

Cain Liddle may have had the off field humming but we were rudderless in the footy department…you can bet your house this changes on 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the beef with Voss‘s tenure at the Lions? Did they have a good list? Did he under achieve? His coaching record is only relevant compared to the list and the expectation Of the club.

What was horrible about Voss at the Lions? 10 wins and 8 wins in his last two seasons, weren’t Brisbane bottoming out?

Mass exodus including senior players was imminent if he had stayed including Captain. They still lost the go home 5 but could have been worse.

The vast majority here, I included lauding the Cook appointment..Comments such as;
"Best in the business"
"Smartest CEO in the AFL"
"Club is in great hands"
"Most important appointment in years"
Can't argue with any of that.

Many of the same posters also not liking the idea of Voss potentially being appointed Coach.

If Cook appoints Voss.

Anti Voss posters be like... 😁😁

tumblr_n4ubivzRmB1ssnqqgo1_400.gif

Mass exodus including senior players was imminent if he had stayed including Captain. They still lost the go home 5 but could have been worse.

See, mass exodus could have happened, isn’t a thing, theres no way to know, the go home 5, how many of those 5 were any good and wouldn’t have returned home, regardless of state/club? Doc and Yeo are the only ones I recall being a loss.

His record, for someone with zero coaching experience, is not bad.

The vast majority here, I included lauding the Cook appointment..Comments such as;
"Best in the business"
"Smartest CEO in the AFL"
"Club is in great hands"
"Most important appointment in years"
Can't argue with any of that.

Many of the same posters also not liking the idea of Voss potentially being appointed Coach.

If Cook appoints Voss.

Anti Voss posters be like... 😁😁

View attachment 1239085

LOL. The Anti Vossers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back