Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love these mass exodus claims

What number constitutes a mass exodus?

Lions 4-5 players? Hasn't hurt them

*? Made finals 12 months later

Us? Who are these so called young stars that wanted out, given the number of young players going into bat for the ex coach

What a shit agenda some people have

My personal preference is Kingsley over Voss.

Only because Voss wasnt great at brisbane and we'd be gambling on him changing (very possible).

I have a personal preference for new coaches than recycling old ones though especially those that are meant to be of high calibre. (No real logic here just a preference)

As mentioned though. this is a personal preference and I trust Sayers and Cook to get the appointment right, they know more than me.

If they get it wrong, well Sayers has effectively ended his tenure as Pres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Sayers in his tweet saying “Carlton is a destination club” ... could he also be referring to what’s/whose coming next?? 👀
I hate the term 'destination club'.

I think he said it because this is him setting himself apart from Liddle in terms of appointments and club announcement.

What would Liddle have done? We would've had multiple press releases, spruiking re-signing players and coaches, specifically timed to negate bad press but the positive bump would last a day before the overall trend would reassert itself. Instead, we have no releases from the club, the signings getting underway as though just business, and after a mass of signings including a major new CEO, Sayers comes out with the words 'destination club', knowing what they mean and imply within an AFL context.

He's a doer. He's working, and he'll announce things when he's demonstrated that they'll be so. He won't make spurious or deflecting releases purely for show; he'll talk only when he has something to say, and he is on a mission.

Call me cynical, but I would be surprised if the above read isn't completely intentional on his end. He's differentiating his leadership and messaging to the fans.

He’s not my first choice, I just don’t understand the logic.
It would be a brave appointment by the club.
They'd know it would be divisive.
Yet Voss ticks the experience box and has a big name in the AFL.
Kingsley a much safer PR choice.
Went close at Collingwood
Yet to fail
Flavour of month in media.

So they won't choose Voss without being pretty confident.

Has all this Voss talk been stirred up by Tom Browne?

Seen his name mentioned a few times.

Tom Browne is the guy who uses the word "They'll" instead of "There'll" while his job is to know how to write.

Surprised anyone takes notice of him

where is all this Voss chatter coming from? Tom Browne? and we take what he says as factual now?

My opinion is that no one actually knows what's happening or what's going to happen and it's all just guess work.

Has all this Voss talk been stirred up by Tom Browne?

Seen his name mentioned a few times.

Tom Browne is the guy who uses the word "They'll" instead of "There'll" while his job is to know how to write.

Surprised anyone takes notice of him
Well to be fair i dont think anyone does.

I admit I don't really understand the system but this seems weird to me.

Surely if they aren't offering a new contract and a trade is unsuccessful then they have to delist and he can go wherever he wants as a DFA?

It sounds more like they couldn't come to terms on a new contract (WC probably low-balling to force a trade?) rather than he's just flat-out not being offered one.

Just wants to play, with Kennedy playing on and a couple of others getting a gig in front of him, frustration has increased

For those who are against Voss getting the gig, please hold off your judgement until you actually see enough games next year. I doubt anyone here has the insights and the experience within the industry to know more about what is right for our club, compared to the committee picking the coach and indeed the latest review, which I am sure they are using as a resource. Let the experts decide if Voss fills the void on what our club needs

1. Just because he hasn't been given another chance elsewhere as a head coach, doesn't mean they were the right decisions. Who knows where we would be if Voss got the job over Bolton or Teague for example.

2. There are many factors why Brisbane didn't work for Voss and that experience is valuable, it isn't detrimental. We learn from mistakes and get better.

3. Do not forget that he was arguably the greatest captain ever. One of the most feared and respected players of all time with premierships to his name. He has been apart of a strong culture at PA for a while as a senior figure and has that sh*t in him that has been lacking for a while now.

If he is successful, get behind one of the greats of the game.

You may be right.

However he always came across to me as an arrogant flog.

Not ideal attitude for a coach.

FWIW met an old physio in Brisbane about 10-15 years ago who had looked after the Lions players. Said some of them were really nice guys - he also said Voss was the worst of the lot Rude & arrogant.

Question for you.

Do you know much about Craig McRae?
Well his CV is far more impressive, won 3 premierships as a player, was VFL coach of the year as well as VFL premiership coach, was AFLCA assistant coach of the year as well as being coached by and an assistant to the likes of Robert Walls, Leigh Matthews, Mick Malthouse, Craig Bellamy, Alastair Clarkson and Damien Hardwick. Kingsley’s CV doesn’t even come close when you compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back