Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is happening out there?
No rumorurs, no Coaching assistants announced.
Yeah yeah Cerra..... What elswe?.
Give me something pleeeeeease FFS :huh:
Aaron Hamill is a fair chance to be one of our assistant coaches.

There, happy now?

Ive already said ill be content with 6 as a straight swap, annoyed if we offer more.

try again

I don’t need to try again.

You’ve thrown your toys out of the cot and trade week hasn’t even started yet.

Just relax and let’s see what happens. Suggest you pull your head in a bit in the meantime as well.

FWIW how are we supposed to know which parts of your posts are legit comments v the parts that are “vague ballpark” comments???

They all read the same to me 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
they are all option B, I should be careful to word my posts better it would have saved me 30 replies about a topic i dont care for today.

I don’t need to try again.

You’ve thrown your toys out of the cot and trade week hasn’t even started yet.

Just relax and let’s see what happens. Suggest you pull your head in a bit in the meantime as well.
dilligaf? I've responded to a bunch of strawman posts because I cba explaining myself properly

Aaron Hamill is a fair chance to be one of our assistant coaches.

There, happy now?
What’s the thoughts on him as a coach? I just read an article from earlier in the season and this is one paragraph from it:

"Hamill is very well-liked at St Kilda. He’s best known by the players for his old school approach that centres around effort and passion"

This appears to be a big focus for us, especially for Diesel. Hope we get a couple really quality tactical thinkers in as well…

Entirely new coaching group and a planned shift in competitive culture - I think whatever Teague had promised Williams as far as midfield time will be turfed, and if he wants midfield minutes he's going to have to earn them. And if Voss wants him off half back, that's where he'll be played.
This. Williams may get some midfield time but will need to show he’s earned it and able to perform in that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure someone got here first but... No it quite literally hasn't. Tigers don't win without Prestia and Nankervis, Melbourne don't win without Lever, May and others.
We should remember Prestia was a much better mid than Cerra (was a little older but had shown more) and they gave a first rounder and a future 2nd which ended up being around 40 for Prestia and 24 so pick 6 for Cerrra is plenty.

Had Melbourne lost, giving up Ben King for May would have been would have been brought up as often as Judd/Kennedy. Would they have still won if King had have played forward and say Sam Frost had have been at FB? Wouldn't have made any difference on the GF day. At the end of the day no Melbourne supporter is upset by the trade. Much like the dogs with the Boyd trade.

We should remember Prestia was a much better mid than Cerra (was a little older but had shown more) and they gave a first rounder and a future 2nd which ended up being around 40 for Prestia and 24 so pick 6 for Cerrra is plenty.
Much better? Hardly - here’s them at 21
3B94062F-5A72-40E9-AF18-E9310A4E32AA.png
Compared to a 24 year old Prestia (the year he was traded) and it’s essentially the same thing
6BD8C00E-BD3A-4AF4-A9C8-90F7C834999D.png
Prestia was already at his ceiling, he is 13cm shorter and a way less versatile player than Cerra.

They absolutely did but i think lever and may were the key. Best defence in the league this year.

The Dees are a prime example of a team who has bought into the system.Aside from the obvious 3 elite superstars who would have thought that ‘role’ players such as Neal bullen,spargo,sparrow etc would become premiership players.

We don’t have any of those guys at this stage.Voss needs to bring the group together,devise a game plan to suit our players and create a culture that holds firm.

There’s no doubt we have the talent it’s been there for a few years now but potential is a dangerous adjective.

End point is they need to work as hard as they can with AND without the ball.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give me an fb with elite foot skills over a mid. Dees won that on the back of lever and may. Premierships are won in defence
Disagree, if the gameplan is working and the mids are good enough, it doesn't get down there much.
Teague proved a good defence is only as good as the gameplan when he sent them attacking up the field, only to be caught out and not get back to defend in time when the ball was turned over due to our poor midfield disposal.

Give me an fb with elite foot skills over a mid. Dees won that on the back of lever and may. Premierships are won in defence

Defence is played all over the ground. May and Lever are great players, but they are even better due to the pressure applied up the ground and two way runners in their team. Disciplined team footy side.

6 is already too much.
I think we should trade Austin instead, or whoever the hell is agreeing to these ridiculous trades.
Time will tell but I'm not interested in waiting for our list manager to learn how to negotiate.
Very poor by our LM team.
I'm not sure where to start with this....

What do you think is a fair trade for Cerra?

Ok, let's break this down step by step...

For Pickett and Marchbank we traded away 1021 draft points or the equivalent of pick 17. Was it a failed trade? Yes.

For Setterfield we traded away 1297 draft points or the equivalent of pick 12. Was it a failed trade? I don't think so. Jury is still out and I hope he can recapture some of his great 2020 form.

For Kennedy we traded away pick 28. This was not a failed trade - Kennedy was our most improved player this year. He stepped up in Cripps' absence when others couldn't, and is definitely in our best side. He averaged 22 touches and 6 tackles a game in his return to the team.

Dow and O'Brien need to be given more time. Although Teague made them earn their spots, he starved them of opportunity and ruined their confidence by dropping them to the VFL on countless occasions. I can assure you that Voss is a very different type of coach.

SPS was played completely out of position for the last 2 years. You really blaming SOS for this?

Cuningham was on the verge of a breakout year if it wasn't for his ACL. Sadly he's always injured, but I have faith. At least he always plays his good games against Essendon!

Now, when addressing failures you must also touch on successes.

Newman for pick 55 was a steal.

Pittonet for the equivalence of pick 56 was a steal.

Martin for free in the PSD was amazing.

Not to mention he also managed so snag TDK at pick 30, Stocker at pick 19, Kemp at pick 17, Honey in the rookie draft and Owies for free in the pre-season SSP. ALL of them for practically nothing.

Oh, and who can forget Walsh, Weiters, Harry and Charlie.

SOS' failures are not 'starting to add up'.
There it is again! What’s this great form of 2020 Setterfield showed you (and others) constantly refer to? Is it a Blue-rumour! For mine the jury is in and he’s a bust and so was that trade.
Good post otherwise.

Much better? Hardly - here’s them at 21
View attachment 1249192
Compared to a 24 year old Prestia (the year he was traded) and it’s essentially the same thing
View attachment 1249195
Prestia was already at his ceiling, he is 13cm shorter and a way less versatile player than Cerra.
Your first sample is for the year is when Cerra turns 22 and is a year older than Prestia. Prestia still out performs him. Note they both have October birthdays.

I don't have a problem with solidly build short players as long as they have reasonable pace like Prestia and Zorko. Unless you are taking contested marks height is irrelevant. Being short actually gets you extra frees. It is more about ability to break a tackle and their is little difference in mass.

I just want high intensity footballers. ones that don't go missing when the heat is on

For those questioning our decision to go after/recruit George Hewett have a look at this

Finishing 2nd in a B and F, especially at a very young age (at any club) as George was at the time, is a very good effort.

Absolutely love hearing Longmire's wrap on him, especially his training and work ethic.

He will be a quality pick up for us

I think he could flourish with good mid time. Easily on par with Ed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back