Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even sure that we will need him to play mid. Leave him where he plays best - half back. Might be an overpaid one but he us a bloody good one.

Maybe our motto next year should be "Carlton Football Club- we play all in their best positions".

Wouldn't that be a nice change. I'd love to see our HFF and HBF play in their correct positions. Not pretend they're midfielders.

So Walsh not in our best 22? Kennedy not getting a game? Paddy Dow if he was actually given a fair go? Samo has been ruined by that clown of a coach Teague
seriously, people making out like sps is this poor little babe in the woods - he's a grown man who can make his own decisions - including how he wants to play and who the **** with - keep kicking teague in the head if it helps you sleep at night.........

Not sure if serious? Melbourne clearly won on the back of the midfield/ruck brigade.
Yeah I thought that they kicked 87 points or something direct from centre clearances which was a record.

A large part of Melbourne getting to the grand final was their defence.

The grand final was won purely and simply by their midfield.

seriously, people making out like sps is this poor little babe in the woods - he's a grown man who can make his own decisions - including how he wants to play and who the fu** with - keep kicking teague in the head if it helps you sleep at night.........

I just think that the likes of Dow, SPS, LOB and Fisher etc are just not that good at all. I think SOS missed badly with these picks.

I'm not sure where to start with this....

What do you think is a fair trade for Cerra?
For a good up and coming player that hasn't yet lit the world on fire? 2 decent second rounders or 6 from us with a second coming back (even a late one).
As an example, say Stocker plays every game next year whether as a mid or a back, and does pretty well without being awesome, and he was out of contract and requested a trade somewhere, that's what I would expect.

6 on its own would be pushing it but if that's the player we are after then we go and get him for 6, but 6 plus what? A second or third? A player as well? Even with change? No. It's too much and if push came to shove I would rather harm both my club's reputation as well as my supposed trading partner.

Most people would agree it's too much and will see it that way, and I can live with a journo or two printing rubbish. They're gonna do it anyway so **** 'em. I'll do what I think is right and live with it.

You can't trade list managers for draft picks.
How about a packet of chips?

Seriously though, I'm willing to give Austin the opportunity to do his job well, but if we get bent over again like last year then we aren't serious about our future with this guy making list decisions.
Whether he chose well or not, at least SOS understood how to organise the list and deal with other list managers effectively.
I fear keeping Austin will be like death from a thousand cuts and frittering our future away.

Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Pull yer head in you child.
Austin's hand was forced by the club declaring we were committed to getting Saad way too early and the fact that we got out if it with additional decent pick swap/upgrades was pretty good negotiating for a first year LM to be honest (especially considering he was dealing with Dodoro).

As for Cerra, negotiating hasn't even started and you are spitting the dummy?
No need for that mate.
I wrote a post, I didn't yell the place down.

I stand by my argument, and my point was I do not believe any of us should accept waiting for our LM to learn on the job how to negotiate. It's a pretty damn important skill that should be a prerequisite for the position.
Anyway, will see what happens and I hope Austin can perform well. But after last year, well... And we seem to be dealing with the same type of stubborn negotiator...

No need for that mate.
I wrote a post, I didn't yell the place down.

I stand by my argument, and my point was I do not believe any of us should accept waiting for our LM to learn on the job how to negotiate. It's a pretty damn important skill that should be a prerequisite for the position.
Anyway, will see what happens and I hope Austin can perform well. But after last year, well... And we seem to be dealing with the same type of stubborn negotiator...
Unless you are an AFL level list manager, you are stating an opinion, not a fact, so don't pretend you know more than Austin. It's childish.

I just think that the likes of Dow, SPS, LOB and Fisher etc are just not that good at all. I think SOS missed badly with these picks.
Unfortunately it seems that way. A lot of top end picks that have failed to fire. Dow maybe something, next year will be interesting but still only glimpses the others are busts. Put Cunningham and Marchbank in that basket as well.

Unless you are an AFL level list manager, you are stating an opinion, not a fact, so don't pretend you know more than Austin. It's childish.
You know, Mark Neeld was an AFL coach and he had a plan for success, how did that work out for him? Was he right? Who are you to pretend you know more than Mark Neeld?
It's childish.

Btw, I stated it is my opinion. It is a forum after all.

You were always gunna get some heat from that post, whilst I appreciate it is your decision to post these things and have an opinion, it is probably a little too early to call curtains on everything below Pickett ;)

Im not overly concerned about "getting heat" for an honest opinion, Im not trying to illicit a response for kicks, but we need to be honest, the club has failed from it's goal of rebuilding after sacking malthouse, 6 years on we haven't made the finals and are on our third coach.

I get we all love SOS and 2015 was a great start, but you'd have to concede things have not turned out well since and that's with excellence access to early picks in the draft.

Not to mention brownlow medalist Wines came to us wanting to join but we couldn't get it done as we were comitteted to Papley, a deal that didn't get done.

Of the players below I left off giving up pick 13 for McGovern (it was effectively pick 13) and arguably Plowman could have a x2.

From their draft position all have been dissapointing

Marchbank
Setterfield
Kennedy
Dow
SPS
O'Brien
Cunningham

Pick 6 will go out to pick 8 once Daicos and Darcy go as father sons in the first 5 picks.
so Cerra for pick 8 and a couple of later picks swap isn’t that bad considering he was a pick 5.
And has had development put into him
Plus he’ll be wearing the navy blue for another 10 years!
Pick number isn’t really relevant because the two players that push 6-8 aren’t in the available draft pool. Still the sixth best player available gonna be selected with it.

Having said that, he’s gonna be better over the next few years than whoever we would’ve grabbed with 6.

Carlton offer 6 only Carlton's best alternative is a good player with Pick 6

Freo refuse pick 6 or Carlton's offer and their alternative is trade return worse than 6 from another club or lose Cerra for nothing

Who has the power/leverage here?
This guy has the right idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back