SFL Practice Match Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold the press !!!

Junior watch this space ?

I will mate, who is it? Whittaker? We know your having a dip. If Rowville and Lyndale weren't around there wouldn't be a bye in div 3.:D

Pillage is a strong word TEW, there recruiting simple as that. offering something that Lyndale can't offer.

I will mate, who is it? Whittaker? We know your having a dip. If Rowville and Lyndale weren't around there wouldn't be a bye in div 3.:D

about time you moved on junior!!! colby happens to be pretty good mates with jason salerno which had a massive impact on bretts decision to move clubs. it also gives him the op to move in to the coaching side of things. jason anthony is enjoying his time at doveton, who else have we taken off you?:confused: :confused:

Colby's and JA's descision had more to do with Lyndales commitee than who coached the Eagles, that being said i am over it. Our losses vary in significence, there are players that we wished to hold onto and there are guys who you just have to wash your hands at. We have signed around 20 players this pre season. Not all senior players but guys that are willing to play for the maroon and gold.
Do you read the posts? My response tonight was to who r u, who happens to be involved with the Eagles. The enemy within's comments are from Mt Waverley. I suggest you prepare for your next training session.

ha ha! i gather that's directed at doveton!! 2 blokes from lyndale and 7-8 kids from rowville don't make a footy team mate! we didn't chase those kids at all, they played with the brother of one of our blokes in the under 18's and didn't want to play senior footy at rowville, so followed the brother to doveton!! can't see anything wrong with that!

South Yarra played Murrumbeena on the weekend, with the reserves getting smashed despite at least 150 clearances for some good looking bloke with gold boots, and the Seniors only managing to score 2.5.17 in their game.

yeah it was a good win for the yarra's against there 2nd div 2 team in 2 weeks in shocking conditions seeming it hasnt rained at training so far. It was a very physical tough game. Frankencow had a few clearences i didnt see 150 though your properly 148 short of the mark.:D It was 16 a side in the ressies aswell so plenty of space. As for the firsts,very happy with my fav south yarra player dube, he played a very good 4 quater game that guy must have grips on his hand cause the wet, slippy pill just stuck like glue. Well done champ:thumbsu:

yeah it was a good win for the yarra's against there 2nd div 2 team in 2 weeks in shocking conditions seeming it hasnt rained at training so far. It was a very physical tough game. Frankencow had a few clearences i didnt see 150 though your properly 148 short of the mark.:D It was 16 a side in the ressies aswell so plenty of space. As for the firsts,very happy with my fav south yarra player dube, he played a very good 4 quater game that guy must have grips on his hand cause the wet, slippy pill just stuck like glue. Well done champ:thumbsu:
Weren't you bagging him not long ago? Was good to see him play like he can, as he hasn't played as well in the other praccy matches.

So wait, sorry I seem to must have mis read something??

Did Sth Yarra win or lose the senior game??

If so what was the score??

I wouldve thought though Both Doveton and Mt waverly would be happy with there results though, they both played teams higher then then so If I was them Id be very happy

anyone know what happened at Black Rock??

Hampton beat Black Rock by according to them 3 points and according to us 15 points... Either way it was a great hit-out for us. Both sides had a number out with unavailability. Physical game but both sides will take a lot out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive by Black rock??

So let Me work it out:

Skye Drew with Elsternwick

Elsternwick Beat Hampton

Hampton Beat Black Rock

As they say Praccy Matches mean absolutely nothing!!!!!

No doubt both Hampton and Black Rock were resting Guns for the start of the season this week!!!

Impressive by Black rock??

So let Me work it out:

Skye Drew with Elsternwick

Elsternwick Beat Hampton

Hampton Beat Black Rock

As they say Praccy Matches mean absolutely nothing!!!!!

No doubt both Hampton and Black Rock were resting Guns for the start of the season this week!!!

All practice matches mate.... As much as you'd love to win them all and win convincingly, our intention was to develop our game plan and style of play which we have done and hopefully that will now come out in the real games... Looking forward to our round 1 game vs Caulfield this Saturday!!!

So wait, sorry I seem to must have mis read something??

Did Sth Yarra win or lose the senior game??

If so what was the score??
Ok, you got me...

Yeah, our seniors won.

South Yarra 2.5.17
Murrumbeena 2.4.16

Very wet, very scrappy. Mat Dube played very well for us, as did Lachy McGregor and Wil. Dube versus the Murrumbeena wingman with the dreadlocks was a good battle all day, both would have got in the best for their respective sides I think, though I was on the cans for the Seniors... Was played at the Powerhouse ground.

Every year there will be clubs going through tough times. During these times I think its important for the club to stick together.

You might get belted by 20 goals, but if the players are giving all for the jumper not much you can do.

Every team has there level.

theres always someone better around the corner.... so glass houses shouldnt throw stones i reckon.

Colby's and JA's descision had more to do with Lyndales commitee than who coached the Eagles, that being said i am over it. Our losses vary in significence, there are players that we wished to hold onto and there are guys who you just have to wash your hands at. We have signed around 20 players this pre season. Not all senior players but guys that are willing to play for the maroon and gold.
Do you read the posts? My response tonight was to who r u, who happens to be involved with the Eagles. The enemy within's comments are from Mt Waverley. I suggest you prepare for your next training session.

Good point Junior, but if players are leaving because of your committee then that can't be good for the club.

I am sure that Colby is not one of them !:thumbsu:

Pillage is a strong word TEW, there recruiting simple as that. offering something that Lyndale can't offer.

Pillage is a strong word. I seem to recall a time when Lyndale recruited a number of players from the Eagles and left them in the $hit for a few years. Unfortunatly for Lyndale, and like it was for us a while back, Its all in cycles. But your right Junior, cos there is only Colby at the moment playing 1s at the Eagles from the Lyndale recruits!!! As for the young fellas from Rowville, we were fortunate enough for 1 of our clubsmans brother playing there, and they were all looking to play together, so he suggested the Eagles! Something I'm sure Rowville wouldnt care about being a professional club!!
I actually dont know why and where all the talk about us Pillaging Lyndales players came from. As you said before, only Colby from the 1s. Straight swap for Timmy Lovell. He was a good 2s player!!

Pillage is a strong word. I seem to recall a time when Lyndale recruited a number of players from the Eagles and left them in the $hit for a few years. Its all in cycles. But your right Junior, cos there is only Colby at the moment playing 1s at the Eagles from the Lyndale recruits anyway!!!
Maybe if supercoach was not announced after last years game, and instaed, went through the interview process, some of these players may have stayed. We made the same wrong choice with him a few a couple of years ago, with the result of 15 players did not play the next year.
Gotta agree with you scratcha, but i have never used it. And the crack about Rowville was a joke, we in fact have the U18 captain with us. I am also aware that Gwinny, ruston and worm left the eagles in 97 to join the pumas, but wasn't there a chance the eagles may have folded and they just jumped? Stuff like this is always going to happen when clubs are in close proximity of each other. You have Dandy Demons, Doveton Eagles & MPNFL, Sandown, Parkmore, St Johns and Lyndale all within 10 minutes of each other and very scarce signs of juniors around. In fact St Johns have a few Lyndale guys but i wont get a rise out of them if i post it here!
Yeah and you are probably right about the announcment of Wilson of coach. It was early but only time will tell whether it is the right move (and colby left because of this, infact i think colby probably decided to leave before salerno walked into the job. He beat a lot of competition!). I have heard of the goings on at the eagles in 2005 but you have to keep an open mind.

Gotta agree with you scratcha, but i have never used it. And the crack about Rowville was a joke, we in fact have the U18 captain with us. I am also aware that Gwinny, ruston and worm left the eagles in 97 to join the pumas, but wasn't there a chance the eagles may have folded and they just jumped? Stuff like this is always going to happen when clubs are in close proximity of each other. You have Dandy Demons, Doveton Eagles & MPNFL, Sandown, Parkmore, St Johns and Lyndale all within 10 minutes of each other and very scarce signs of juniors around. In fact St Johns have a few Lyndale guys but i wont get a rise out of them if i post it here!
Yeah and you are probably right about the announcment of Wilson of coach. It was early but only time will tell whether it is the right move (and colby left because of this, infact i think colby probably decided to leave before salerno walked into the job. He beat a lot of competition!). I have heard of the goings on at the eagles in 2005 but you have to keep an open mind.

Yer I heard that Colby would have been assiatant coach if he got the job. Actually I do know, I was on the interview panel. But they also good mates. As you know, you work on 1 bloke, in an attemp to get a few to follow.
I must admit I agree with you to keep an open mind. Down at the Eagles, as you know, we have had 4 coaches in 4 years. Giving blokes ago for their first time. Some work out, some havent.
Going back to Worm Gwinny Rusty, they actually left in 96 cos I went down there that year, having grown up in Nth Dandy and knowing them blokes, I thought it was gonna be great. When I got there, they lost heaps from there Premiership team.

Yer I heard that Colby would have been assiatant coach if he got the job. Actually I do know, I was on the interview panel. But they also good mates. As you know, you work on 1 bloke, in an attemp to get a few to follow.
I must admit I agree with you to keep an open mind. Down at the Eagles, as you know, we have had 4 coaches in 4 years. Giving blokes ago for their first time. Some work out, some havent.
Going back to Worm Gwinny Rusty, they actually left in 96 cos I went down there that year, having grown up in Nth Dandy and knowing them blokes, I thought it was gonna be great. When I got there, they lost heaps from there Premiership team.

Congratulations Scratcher !!!

Hope is all well with the new arrival ?

By the way there was a lot more than the names mentioned that went to Lyndale and if my memory serves me correctly they all assisted in getting the Pumas a flag . :D :D

Congratulations Scratcher !!!

Hope is all well with the new arrival ?

By the way there was a lot more than the names mentioned that went to Lyndale and if my memory serves me correctly they all assisted in getting the Pumas a flag . :D :D

Yeah everyone but me who r u. We had some great recruits from around the traps, if we could of held onto a couple of them a few more years we may had a lot more success. Ponter comes to mind, Old and Morrison. Hey we even had Daryl Thomas grace us with his presence for a year. Wanganeen. I think it just shows its easy to recruit but harder to keep them.

Ok, you got me...

Yeah, our seniors won.

South Yarra 2.5.17
Murrumbeena 2.4.16

Very wet, very scrappy. Mat Dube played very well for us, as did Lachy McGregor and Wil. Dube versus the Murrumbeena wingman with the dreadlocks was a good battle all day, both would have got in the best for their respective sides I think, though I was on the cans for the Seniors... Was played at the Powerhouse ground.

You had too many cans COW, too busy bragging about your clearences, the guy with the dreadlocks was ok nothing special, just stood out cause his haircut, good effort to play 2 games, and i think lachy would admit it wasnt his best game. Will played well in the second half we where both saying at half time how we both hadnt got much of it. I thought cory was in the top 2 his run of half back in the wet a real feature, good to see the kid backing himself and tucking it under his arm, very similiar to some other gun at sth yarra that is yet to fire but, i have no doubt will soon.. The real stuff starts this week the old timers will start to shine, hopefully:rolleyes: All in all a good team effort for 4 quarters:thumbsu: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back