SFL Practice Match Results

Remove this Banner Ad

You had too many cans COW, too busy bragging about your clearences, the guy with the dreadlocks was ok nothing special, just stood out cause his haircut, good effort to play 2 games, and i think lachy would admit it wasnt his best game. Will played well in the second half we where both saying at half time how we both hadnt got much of it. I thought cory was in the top 2 his run of half back in the wet a real feature, good to see the kid backing himself and tucking it under his arm, very similiar to some other gun at sth yarra that is yet to fire but, i have no doubt will soon.. The real stuff starts this week the old timers will start to shine, hopefully:rolleyes: All in all a good team effort for 4 quarters:thumbsu: .
Cory was good actually. What'd you think of Dube? And how'd you rate Rory's game? Will have to catch up Thursday, quite a few of us have another engagement tonight. They've had a keg race planned for a while at someone's house over this side of the city.

I know you wouldn't have seen it GKW, but Phil was pretty passionate. Highlights include him kicking over some water bottles when you shanked your set shot, and jumping in the air and clicking his heels together at the final siren. :thumbsu:

All practice matches mate.... As much as you'd love to win them all and win convincingly, our intention was to develop our game plan and style of play which we have done and hopefully that will now come out in the real games... Looking forward to our round 1 game vs Caulfield this Saturday!!!

How did the old Rockers look Hammer? You blokes would be happy with that win especially if you had a few resting, they are old but can be pretty physical Black Rock.

Ok, you got me...

Yeah, our seniors won.

South Yarra 2.5.17
Murrumbeena 2.4.16

Very wet, very scrappy. Mat Dube played very well for us, as did Lachy McGregor and Wil. Dube versus the Murrumbeena wingman with the dreadlocks was a good battle all day, both would have got in the best for their respective sides I think, though I was on the cans for the Seniors... Was played at the Powerhouse ground.

Cory was good actually. What'd you think of Dube? And how'd you rate Rory's game? Will have to catch up Thursday, quite a few of us have another engagement tonight. They've had a keg race planned for a while at someone's house over this side of the city.

I know you wouldn't have seen it GKW, but Phil was pretty passionate. Highlights include him kicking over some water bottles when you shanked your set shot, and jumping in the air and clicking his heels together at the final siren. :thumbsu:

I did see him clicking his heels together it was a classic, as for my kick it was shocking it did go a fair way seeming it hit my shin:D some goal kicking at set shots a must tonite. Keg race, lets give training the flick and all head over the dark side, footssscrayyyyyy.:thumbsu:

Ok, you got me...

Yeah, our seniors won.

South Yarra 2.5.17
Murrumbeena 2.4.16

Very wet, very scrappy. Mat Dube played very well for us, as did Lachy McGregor and Wil. Dube versus the Murrumbeena wingman with the dreadlocks was a good battle all day, both would have got in the best for their respective sides I think, though I was on the cans for the Seniors... Was played at the Powerhouse ground.

I'm impressed the beena are a good outfit, good stuff for the Yarra.

I have to ask dumb question where is the powerhouse ground I'm guessing thats South Yarra's home.

Yeah everyone but me who r u. We had some great recruits from around the traps, if we could of held onto a couple of them a few more years we may had a lot more success. Ponter comes to mind, Old and Morrison. Hey we even had Daryl Thomas grace us with his presence for a year. Wanganeen. I think it just shows its easy to recruit but harder to keep them.

You seem to know alot about Lyndale junior1. Were you there when Salerno played in the 2000 Premiership side with Gwynn, Ruston, Morrison etc ???

Yes i have been there a while and was involved in both the 2000 win against T/M and 2001 defeat by Ashwood.

I'm impressed the beena are a good outfit, good stuff for the Yarra.

I have to ask dumb question where is the powerhouse ground I'm guessing thats South Yarra's home.
Nah, Powerhouse use it, it's at Albert Park. Our home ground is in Camberwell, on Swinburne Uni's old ground. I think it's called Fritz Holsch Park or something German like that. Not too sure why we played at Powerhouse's ground now that you mention it.

I have played in both ones and twos. Is that you Dave Giddens? If it is you were one of the best recruits Lyndale ever had, bar sales went throught the roof!

Congratulations Scratcher !!!

Hope is all well with the new arrival ?

By the way there was a lot more than the names mentioned that went to Lyndale and if my memory serves me correctly they all assisted in getting the Pumas a flag . :D :D
Cheers. All going good! Another Collingwood supporter! Got the bloke a baby membership yesterday!! :) :)
But the coaching panel on Thursday night couldnt even see fit to start me on the ground saturday!!!:mad: :mad:
Is my time ending!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. All going good! Another Collingwood supporter! Got the bloke a baby membership yesterday!!
But the coaching panel on Thursday night couldnt even see fit to start me on the ground saturday!!!:mad: :mad:
Is my time ending!!! :D

maybe it has something to do with following collingwood!!!:D :D
we'll have you in the 2's mate!!:thumbsu:

I have played in both ones and twos. Is that you Dave Giddens? If it is you were one of the best recruits Lyndale ever had, bar sales went throught the roof!

Good win by the boys today, how did Tim Lovell go ?

Also any chance of you revealing yourself ?

Timmy has a bit of fitness work to do but yesterday lined up forward and did a good job. Parkmore played with a lot of passion early but little else.
And no i will not reveal myself

Timmy has a bit of fitness work to do but yesterday lined up forward and did a good job. Parkmore played with a lot of passion early but little else.
And no i will not reveal myself

You are kidding your self Junior you guys played a Reserve grade team !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back