Scandal Dayne Beams acting entitled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Subconscious bias is a real thing. Dayne openly admits in that article he was a manipulator and a shit bloke. I think he is well and truly acknowledging the hurt he caused others with mental health and addiction struggles.

The one thing that doesn't sit right with me is as per other posts, there are a lot of people who claim he had these challenges from early on in his career. Maybe not the prescription drug side of things but definitely gambling and other substance abuse as well as his involvement in the incident with John McCarthy and the Coburg Tigers VFL player who was with them who was the only one charged and who genuinely wasn't supported by Collingwood and his parents either lost their house or had to remortgage over legal fees after they rescinded their support once Dayne and Jmac were cleared.

Last edited:
Subconscious bias is a real thing. Dayne openly admits in that article he was a manipulator and a sh*t bloke. I think he is well and truly acknowledging the hurt he caused others with mental health and addiction struggles.

The one thing that doesn't sit right with me is as per other posts, there are a lot of people who claim he had these challenges from early on in his career. Maybe not the prescription drug side of things but definitely gambling and other substance abuse as well as his involvement in the incident with John McCarthy and the VFL player who was the only one charged and who genuinely wasn't supported by Collingwood and his parents lost their house over legal fees.

yeah, seems like a lot of revision to frame it all around losing his dad and definitely not stealing money.

Subconscious bias is a real thing. Dayne openly admits in that article he was a manipulator and a sh*t bloke. I think he is well and truly acknowledging the hurt he caused others with mental health and addiction struggles.

The one thing that doesn't sit right with me is as per other posts, there are a lot of people who claim he had these challenges from early on in his career. Maybe not the prescription drug side of things but definitely gambling and other substance abuse as well as his involvement in the incident with John McCarthy and the VFL player who was the only one charged and who genuinely wasn't supported by Collingwood and his parents lost their house over legal fees.
a collingwood vfl players parents lost theyre house due to legal fees ?

a collingwood vfl players parents lost theyre house due to legal fees ?

If you google Fraser James Pope you can read about it. He played with Coburg Tigers so I'll revise the post but there was strong talk at the time that Collingwood hired the big expensive legal guns to defend the 3 and promised Fraser and his family they would pay his legal fees. After Jmac and Beams were cleared they rescinded their financial support and the family had to either remortgage or sell their house to pay the expensive legal team.

There's a thread on it somewhere here if you search hard enough. Again I'm not claiming this as fact just what the talk was at the time. In the end Fraser was cleared and a quick google search seams to appear that the Collingwood PR team worked to paint a pretty different picture to alleged events

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 Oxys at once.. wowsers not sure if that's even possible

Kurt Angle former Gold medallist and WWE wrestler was taking 65 Vicodin per day at the peak of his addiction.

If you google Fraser James Pope you can read about it. He played with Coburg Tigers so I'll revise the post but there was strong talk at the time that Collingwood hired the big expensive legal guns to defend the 3 and promised Fraser and his family they would pay his legal fees. After Jmac and Beams were cleared they rescinded their financial support and the family had to either remortgage or sell their house to pay the expensive legal team.

There's a thread on it somewhere here if you search hard enough. Again I'm not claiming this as fact just what the talk was at the time. In the end Fraser was cleared and a quick google search seams to appear that the Collingwood PR team worked to paint a pretty different picture to alleged events

Yep they had to hire another legal team.

What I can remember the issues were they packaged Beams and JMac as victims and then put blame on Fraser in a sneaky way.

Last edited:
Yep they had to hire another legal team.

What u remember the issue was the more packaged Beams and JMac as victims and then put blame on Fraser in a sneaky way.

Yeah my memory is pretty sketchy it was a while ago. But it's safe to say beams problems didn't begin with the death of his father and I think he still needs to keep growing as a human to recognise that

24 Oxys at once.. wowsers not sure if that's even possible
I assume he’s talking about Endones, which are 5mg oxy so 120mg oxy all up, which is definitely a massive dose for a person with no opiate tolerance but something an addict could definitely handle. An especially massive dose if he’s injecting it but I really doubt he’s an intravenous user, he’d have had enough yes man doctors to get prescribed what he needed, not at the point where he felt he needed to inject to get the full bang for his buck.

The guy is such a blonk he was probably crushing up the pills and snorting them, even though oxy has an appreciably lower intranasal bioavailability than oral.

I’ve heard from enough people I trust that he had a concurrent expensive, rampant coke addiction, which is what would’ve caused the stealing from teammates etc.

I assume he’s talking about Endones, which are 5mg oxy so 120mg oxy all up, which is definitely a massive dose for a person with no opiate tolerance but something an addict could definitely handle. An especially massive dose if he’s injecting it but I really doubt he’s an intravenous user, he’d have had enough yes man doctors to get prescribed what he needed, not at the point where he felt he needed to inject to get the full bang for his buck.

The guy is such a blonk he was probably crushing up the pills and snorting them, even though oxy has an appreciably lower intranasal bioavailability than oral.

I’ve heard from enough people I trust that he had a concurrent expensive, rampant coke addiction, which is what would’ve caused the stealing from teammates etc.
What did he steal from his team mates?

Yeah my memory is pretty sketchy it was a while ago. But it's safe to say beams problems didn't begin with the death of his father and I think he still needs to keep growing as a human to recognise that

Doesn’t fit the narrative he’s spinning.

Shows how far he has to go, if he ever does at all. Might always just be this way.

Cringe whenever I see highlights of him in a Pies jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back