Review Rd 3 Review - Young Dockers win the Derby by 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox was terrific, best game for a while for us? Not sure how the whole backline gets an average rating considering they got held to a sub 50 score.

The backline seems to be being held to a ridiculous standard around here of late.
West Coast got a few at the end after cox went off. Thought he was very good today

ad42f4cfbef006a6dcd1b428008bbdd4.jpg

Encouraging from Brodie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he’s great at the coal face. Big body to win the ball and decent hands to get it off. Just don’t kick it or run.

Couldn't have asked for more than that after last week - four quarter effort, forward line looking dynamic (smalls providing a contest and enough pressure to hold McNuggets and Hurn accountable.)

• Hope this week puts the "Cox forward" brigade to bed for good. He's an exceptional defender and needs to stay there.
  • Close to Sonny's best game for a year and a half IMO - hope it's a sign he's turning a corner. Acres also exceptional after a dirty day last week.
  • Erasmus looks like he belongs, both he and Noddy need a good run in the side.
  • Structurally, our backline looked a lot better - Walker's mobility and smarts were sorely missed last week.
  • Even though NicNotafulltimeruckman bulled his way in, there was plenty to like from Meek.
  • Moose ok!

Tucker was probably the only real down for me - coughed it up repeatedly before his head knock. Protocols will force the axe he should have been getting anyway.

Might need to get your hands on a few more top 10 picks after that one. Struggled to put away a side holding on for dear life and running in quicksand

Happy to put Meek on the table for pick one - you guys could do wonders with a ruckman actually fit enough to run out games.

Might need to get your hands on a few more top 10 picks after that one. Struggled to put away a side holding on for dear life and running in quicksand
And yet you had your first choice ruck, fwd line and defence. We had 1 midfielder. One. And look at ya. Trashbags.

Was good to see Sonny play well with a couple of assists and a goal. JLo appears to have got the tweaks right. All the additions, inc Banfield, helped us win I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our team was younger and less experienced than yours but good call champion.
When did that come into calculations? If anything it proves the point more lmao. A young team up against an older team, half of which likely have long covid.. and you expected a different result?

You blokes struggled to outrun a side riddled with covid until they were out on their legs in the last

I think that game was won at the feet of the ruckmen, specifically with Will Brodie. Lloyd Meek worked hard around the ground to tire NN and Dixon just as I wanted and West Coast realised they couldn't compete at the feet of the rucks they started trying to knock it over the top to take Brodie out of it.

I really liked the way Walker plays, he is hard in the contest and then moves the ball on cleanly into aggressive positions.

I thought funnily enough that Blake Acres was our best player today. His ball use was quite good and intercepted the ball on numerous occasion's, and constantly drove us deep into the forward line.

I'm mostly happy because a bunch of WC supporters lost a shit load of money betting on their team going in as favourites.

Well them and the weak Freo supporters who bet against us.
LoL. That's the spirit.
Could never do that and don’t understand it.
LoL. You can't understand it? Last week i found a positive. I had a gut feeling about freo losing to the saints as they were $2.75 to win. I won $275.

If you are gonna lose to a team you hate, make money out of it. Make profit out of your misery when your team loses, especially to a team you hate. I found that as a positive.

Who was the numpty that said there was no way we’d win by 50 plus and betted against us.
LoL. That might be me your talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back