Review Rd 24 Review - Freo Get the Chocolates in the Deadest of Rubbers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think my point was that we are not as far off a finals side as a typical 12-14 side is off a finals side. Does that work?
Well we made finals and won an Elim final last season.

We are not a terrible side. Narrow home losses to north Melbourne, Richmond, port and Brisbane cost us.

Looking at the ladder now...

only a 3 win difference between 5th to 14th.

and a 2 wins difference between 8th to 14th.

random question... Leigh Fisher is a hated umpire on this board, did he influence any part of the game?

or was our 5 goal lead at half time made sure his umpring wasnt going to affect the game?

So, here we are at the end of the season. Last game. I just finished watching the game and JL's presser...and there might have been a few beers involved too. 😝 If you want some insightful comments, look elsewhere. I'm just gonna dump and share my thoughts after another season done and dusted. Here are some random, beer-induced thoughts.

• If this was a battle of the young and upcoming teams, we dominated. We're young but we are fu**** talented. More best 22 under 22 than any team. I get it that some of you die hards have heard this before, but doesn't it feel different.
  • I. Love. Amiss. His composure. His unflappability (which is just another way of saying composure). His demeanor. Presence. I'm so glad dude is signed on until 2058.
  • fu**** the MCG. Why is the GF played there until 2058? That contract should be torn up.
  • Love Johnson. His ability to stand up in a tackle and get the ball out is incredible. Incredible Hulk. A few more kilos and no one will be able to bring him down. Could he be Fyfe 2.0?
  • Cox is a defender. Stop putting him up top ffs. See next comment.
  • As JL said in his presser, the structure they are going for requires another tall in the forward line (hence, Cox). If you think Darcy is gonna be traded, you're not paying attention. Dogga in the forward line and Hodor in the ruck next year. Love it. Dont' give a shirt about Gawn/Grundy and how "it hasn't worked out". Totally different players. It's like comparing apples to a Jeep fu**** Wrangler. I 100% support this. We are a better team with them both on the field.
  • I. Love. Tom. Emmett. Hard. Big bodied. I love Schultz, switta, walters, and freddy, but Emmett brings a different dimension. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up next year.
  • Brayshaw. He had 30+ touches and a goal but I don't feel like I notice him like the last couple years. Why is that? He doesn't seem as damaging. Less tackles? idk bit it's interesting...
  • Serong. Make that dude captain. Now. He's my buddy this year and even though his s*t kicks from clearances where he just throws it on his boot are fu*** infuriating, he's a hell of a player and ambassador for the club. He flies the Freo flag with the best of them. I would be proud to be a supporter of a club with him as the skipper.
  • Sonny. He's still got it. He's the heart and soul of this team. Glad he's signed on for 2 more years.
  • Fyfe. Why did we give him 2 more years? I love Fyfe at peak powers. Easily my fav player 2012-2015. But, that 2 year contract seems...not ideal. Honestly, as I was watching the game, I just don't see where he fits in. Our midfield is packed with young talent and our forward line has plenty of options. Where does he fit? Who comes out?
  • Our handball chains were fantastic. Quick. Precise. Were we perfect? Nope. But, when we get out of the congestion and into open space we can damage teams. I want to see more of this next year.
  • Not sure what to do about Liam Henry. He's got a lot of potential and does some great things. I really want to keep him, but if he's chasing money, I think we have to let him go. We can't keep them all. Langdon. Acres. Hill. Henry?
  • Are Warner and Wagner the same person? Can someone please spray paint one of them highlighter pink? Wtf? Cheers and thank you.
  • Gosh, why do we play a game where we lower our eyes and hit the leading forward or open option and then the next game bomb it i50 to a huge pack? This literally makes me scream at my TV. It's the biggest mystery, for me, of the season. I don't get it. It's like we have a different style/game plan for every opponent. I say, play your game and let the oppo adjust.
  • Jordan clark has been an underratted player in my eyes. Can you get any more solid of a HB than him? So quick. Him and Freddy are my fav two players when they have the ball. I love watching them burst forward. Such a great trade. Thank you Cats.
  • Speaking of trades, why did the Hawks have Meek as the sub? A ruckman? wtf? Clearly some 4D chess going on there that I'm not smart enough to understand. The Hawks lost by 37, so I guess it's paying off for them.
  • Young to the midfield is going to be fun to watch. Where does he fit with Erasmus and Johnson in there too? Not sure, but it's good to have options. Based on what him and others have said in interviews, he's had his eye on the midfield for a while.
  • Its been three years and I can barely get through JLs press conferences. I want to like the guy. I want to believe. But, ffs he's the umm stiffest, umm most inarticulate, umm cough coach I've ever seen. However, sayin that, I don't give a crap what he's like in pressers. If the players back him, I back him.
  • Why the fu** are there so many birds on the MCG? Do they seed it to attract them? I've watched hundreds, if not thousands, of sports games from baseball to american football, to soccer, to lacrosse, to rugby, to fu** polo and there is no place on Earth where birds hangout and chill during a game. Why the hell do players have to run through flocks of birds? Set a trap. Poison them. Shoot them. Seriously. What the fu is going on there?

And finally, I just want to say, thanks to all the Freo faithful for attending games and bringing the heat in person when I obviously can't. Some day I'll join you. 😊 I know it's not the season we wanted but enjoy the ride. It's not the end of the world if they don't make finals. I'm looking forward to next year.

On to the off season!
Whereever you are in the states, one day I'm going to hunt you down, buy you a beer or ten and catch a game with you. Excellent post my dude!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't keep track across the season to see where you ended up? C'mon man, get the excel spreadsheet out.
you expected me to post out each week my tab bets?

I should taken photos of it each week. lol

Saying that, I am up already on my EPL tipping.

Backed west ham $5 each week. 1st week vs Chelea west ham were $26 So $130 there.

2nd game. West ham beat Brighton hove. West ham were $41 to win. put $5 on that to win $205.

I could $5 on west ham for the next 36 epl games and still turn a profit.

Whereever you are in the states, one day I'm going to hunt you down, buy you a beer or ten and catch a game with you. Excellent post my dude!

Deal. And maybe we can have a homebrew or share a dram or two from my bourbon collection. ;) Freo fans drink for free! Eagles fans pay triple and all liquid must be drank from a wooden spoon. Ha!:p:p

66416329845__8A612E6C-3498-496C-9395-26A412914701.JPG

Deal. And maybe we can have a homebrew or share a dram or two from my bourbon collection. ;) Freo fans drink for free! Eagles fans pay triple and all liquid must be drank from a wooden spoon. Ha!:p:p

View attachment 1787885
Haha! You are on mate. What a collection!!

View attachment 1787885
Which state are you in? I’ll be visiting my sister in law in Colorado in a couple of years 😀

Haha! You are on mate. What a collection!!

Thanks. I've amassed quite a selection. I also am founder and organizer of a whiskey club here with over 650 members. We do single barrel picks, blind tastings, bottle shares, and all kinds of other social events. Good times. :) I also do bourbon tastings, sensory trainings, and teach history of bourbon classes. Seriously, any Freo fan who visits drinks free! lol. You couldn't put a dent in my collection even if you tried.

Hey what if we organized a BF bourbon class? I could send interested people samples and then we could do a tasting. That would be a blast! :)

After seeing that photo don’t be surprised if 20 of ours turn up for a drink!😂
I've had 30+ in my basement. As long as you 20 don't mind sharing a bed downstairs, you're all welcome. haha

Whats Up Hello GIF by Disney Channel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back