• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but Vader and Kane agreeing with you isn't evidence you're right. If anything, it's the opposite.
Lol, that's funny coming from you.

Clearly you were not even at the game!

I can't recall a player fumbling so much as Billy... yet here we are you are still trying to defend him along with his game high 10 turnovers.

Perhaps you should just stick to your playstation trading... ;)

Good:
Jones - an absolutely stellar “lock down” game from Chayce. Would very likely have been dropped for Hamill if he’d played poorly today. He’s locked in his spot for next week, here’s hoping he can build on it.

Tex - 9 goals in his first 8 quarters of the season. Beast.

Himmelberg - speaking of beasts! With Tex and EH in this form, Fogarty won’t get a look-in again this season unless there’s 2 injuries, and Thilthorpe will also have to bide his time. EH’s ridiculous gather and snap should earn him a goal of the week nom, but I suspect Kozzie Pickett might ultimately take out the prize this week.

Berry - sure, he only had 16 touches and most of them were handballs, but his physical presence on the inside made a huge difference and his hands are cleaner than any of our other regular mids. He’s there to stay!

McAdam - played very well, and his athleticism in the front half is much-needed

Keays - just continues to work harder than anyone else on the field. Had a few key moments when it really mattered, including a desperate tackle to stop Richmond’s momentum. What a fantastic pickup he’s been.

Bad:
O’Brien - he had a nice patch in the 3rd quarter including kicking a key goal from a nice mark, but was pretty terrible other than that. Cannot jump, has absolutely no craft with his tap work at centre bounces. Probably time to give Strachan a crack.

Frampton - yes, yes he had 22 touches, but he had at least 6 absolute horror moments. Worrell is a different sort of player, but an argument could be made for bringing him in. I think the selection panel will roll with Billy for the time being though, so cross your fingers that he’s not one-out with Naughton or English at any stage!

McHenry - just not a very good footballer unfortunately. Tries really hard and almost does a lot of things, but yeah, he’s small, he’s not quick at all, he can’t kick, and he doesn’t get the ball much.

Brown - very poor game from the veteran, and continues to make horrid decisions with ball in hand. Hamill looked set to take Chayce’s spot, but could he take Browny’s?

Crouch - another poor decision maker who would likely lose a foot race with O’Brien. If Schoenberg can find some form in the twos, I’d love to see what an inside combo of Berry, Schoenberg, Laird and Keays could do for a stretch of 5 games.

Ugly:
Sloane’s injury - looks 99.9% certain that he’s done an ACL and would have to be a decent chance to be the end of his AFL career. Sad way to go out if that turns out to be the case.

Crowd was 33,031 for those who were asking.

Also, Sloane was moving pretty well after the game, fingers crossed was just a hyperextension.

Didnt look like a hyperextersion , the way the knee collapsed and the fest after, too much side movement

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that it’s the first time we’ve ever had a +20 discrepancy in the free kick count in our favour. Can’t recall it ever being so one sided.
Unfortunately we are likely to get payback as I'm sure the media will highlight it during the week.

Caro now has something else to complain about Adelaide...

Pleasantly surprised how much we saw him in the guts today and hopefully he’ll get a good block of games to develop his craft. Working against Bont, Macrae, Smith etc next week will be tough so hopefully he won’t get scapegoated if/when they run over us.
Not bad playing just 67%, got first hand to the ball multiple times which could have lead to clearance.

1650116745053.png

God, I can't ****ing stand this board.

Even after a fantastic win, the vast majority of posts are slinging shit at players and arguing about what level of terrible particular players are

We WON, ffs.

It's stunning how aggressively negative and toxic the posting here is.

We're five games in, we beat Port and Richmond and lost two games by less than a kick. I absolutely would have taken that at the start of year.

And yet most posts are different ways to debate how Billy Frampton is ruining the club.

Goddamn, there is zero joy being here, all enjoyment just gets sucked out, even after an extraordinary win.

Whats happened to the crowds. Have all the older members given up their membership due to covid. A few years ago crowds were always 40k plus
The memberships are all sold. People aren't going, presumably because they're still fearful of COVID.

God, I can't ******* stand this board.

Even after a fantastic win, the vast majority of posts are slinging shit at players and arguing about what level of terrible particular players are

We WON, ffs.

It's stunning how aggressively negative and toxic the posting here is.

We're five games in, we beat Port and Richmond and lost two games by less than a kick. I absolutely would have taken that at the start of year.

And yet most posts are different ways to debate how Billy Frampton is ruining the club.

Goddamn, there is zero joy being here, all enjoyment just gets sucked out, even after an extraordinary win.
Do you think we will improve by accepting & defending mediocrity...

Plenty of positives from most of the team tonight... but this is a discussion forum which isn't just about blowing smoke out of our arses...

At least they got three premierships out of the era while we got jack.
He was talking about Port.

Unfortunately their predicted three premierships are going to have to wait a while.

Wonder what her “take” will be on the Cotchin incident? Guy is just plain and simple dirty and should be rubbed out…like he should have been in the 2017 prelim…
I don't watch it listen to her shows, but I'll guess she won't even mention the incident.

Good:
Jones - an absolutely stellar “lock down” game from Chayce. Would very likely have been dropped for Hamill if he’d played poorly today. He’s locked in his spot for next week, here’s hoping he can build on it.

Tex - 9 goals in his first 8 quarters of the season. Beast.

Himmelberg - speaking of beasts! With Tex and EH in this form, Fogarty won’t get a look-in again this season unless there’s 2 injuries, and Thilthorpe will also have to bide his time. EH’s ridiculous gather and snap should earn him a goal of the week nom, but I suspect Kozzie Pickett might ultimately take out the prize this week.

Berry - sure, he only had 16 touches and most of them were handballs, but his physical presence on the inside made a huge difference and his hands are cleaner than any of our other regular mids. He’s there to stay!

McAdam - played very well, and his athleticism in the front half is much-needed

Keays - just continues to work harder than anyone else on the field. Had a few key moments when it really mattered, including a desperate tackle to stop Richmond’s momentum. What a fantastic pickup he’s been.

Bad:
O’Brien - he had a nice patch in the 3rd quarter including kicking a key goal from a nice mark, but was pretty terrible other than that. Cannot jump, has absolutely no craft with his tap work at centre bounces. Probably time to give Strachan a crack.

Frampton - yes, yes he had 22 touches, but he had at least 6 absolute horror moments. Worrell is a different sort of player, but an argument could be made for bringing him in. I think the selection panel will roll with Billy for the time being though, so cross your fingers that he’s not one-out with Naughton or English at any stage!

McHenry - just not a very good footballer unfortunately. Tries really hard and almost does a lot of things, but yeah, he’s small, he’s not quick at all, he can’t kick, and he doesn’t get the ball much.

Brown - very poor game from the veteran, and continues to make horrid decisions with ball in hand. Hamill looked set to take Chayce’s spot, but could he take Browny’s?

Crouch - another poor decision maker who would likely lose a foot race with O’Brien. If Schoenberg can find some form in the twos, I’d love to see what an inside combo of Berry, Schoenberg, Laird and Keays could do for a stretch of 5 games.

Ugly:
Sloane’s injury - looks 99.9% certain that he’s done an ACL and would have to be a decent chance to be the end of his AFL career. Sad way to go out if that turns out to be the case.
Parnell most likely would take Browns spot. Parnell was best for us along with Strachan yesterday. In saying that Hamill has been very impressive. I don't know how we can get Hamill and Parnell into the same team. Hamill probably a replacement for Smith when he drops right off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parnell most likely would take Browns spot. Parnell was best for us along with Strachan yesterday. In saying that Hamill has been very impressive. I don't know how we can get Hamill and Parnell into the same team. Hamill probably a replacement for Smith when he drops right off.
Would hope we get some games into both Parnell & Hamill this year.

Brown is on shakey ground as has lost his consistency playing around half poor/good games.

Lol, that's funny coming from you.

Clearly you were not even at the game!

I can't recall a player fumbling so much as Billy... yet here we are you are still trying to defend him along with his game high 10 turnovers.

Perhaps you should just stick to your playstation trading... ;)
Funny coming from me? Your analysis is notoriously loose.

I'll stick to actually watching the games, and you can stick to having opinions that you come in with, no matter what actually then happens.

Funny coming from me? Your analysis is notoriously loose.

I'll stick to actually watching the games, and you can stick to having opinions that you come in with, no matter what actually then happens.
So the 10 game high turnovers was a figment of my imagination, along with all the fumbles & the video grabs posted earlier in this thread.

You are an apologist for mediocrity.

Do you think we will improve by accepting & defending mediocrity...

Plenty of positives from most of the team tonight... but this is a discussion forum which isn't just about blowing smoke out of our arses...
It doesn't matter what we "accept". We're just anonymous fans on an internet forum. Literally nothing we do or say has any influence on whether the team improves.

This board has become absolutely cooked. Just more and more negative bitterness, no matter what actually happens. The number of people on here who seem to be genuinely hoping that players go badly so they're proven right has gone through the roof.

Any chance this late in his career that Sloane goes the synthetic ACL route and then gets a full one done after his playing career is done?
You don't hear about those anymore

I wonder who was the last player who went down that path?

Would hope we get some games into both Parnell & Hamill this year.

Brown is on shakey ground as has lost his consistency playing around half poor/good games.

One thing we can all agree on is that Brown has been consistently poor.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It doesn't matter what we "accept". We're just anonymous fans on an internet forum. Literally nothing we do or say has any influence on whether the team improves.

This board has become absolutely cooked. Just more and more negative bitterness, no matter what actually happens. The number of people on here who seem to be genuinely hoping that players go badly so they're proven right has gone through the roof.
Lacking honesty with regard to performance gets us nowhere.

Honesty about both the good & the bad.

If we accept the bad, then we remain mediocre.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that it’s the first time we’ve ever had a +20 discrepancy in the free kick count in our favour. Can’t recall it ever being so one sided.

It is the biggest free kick discrepancy in our favor ever

Next highest was +19 in R12 2003 against Melbourne at Football Park

One thing we can all agree on is that Brown has been consistently poor.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Actually we don't agree entirely as imo he has had 2 poor games, 2 good games & 1 in between.

For most of his career, it would be unusual for Brown to have more than a few poor games per season, but now they appear to be every other game.

If this is going to be the new norm, time to bring a younger player in.

Back