• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

22 possessions 9 marks at 77% efficiency. He had his best game at AFL level.
Slow to read this thread this week.
Frampton's work with the ball is fine.
Defensively he is soft as butter and lacks intensity. Pushed off the ball far too easy, fumbles at the sound of footsteps. Follow up efforts at loose balls are poor.

He definitely had some good moments, but I think he is a liability defensively.

Frampton was not delisted by Port Adelaide we traded for him with a future pick..

And he has clearly failed as a forward, we all know that, but surely we can't be still judging him on his failure in that position. We should instead be focusing on his 'potential' as a KPD and realising that although he's rusty in terms of his fumbling and decision making, he has some absolute weapons that not a lot of other KPD's have in terms of his ability to attack.

And he has clearly failed as a forward, we all know that, but surely we can't be still judging him on his failure in that position. We should instead be focusing on his 'potential' as a KPD and realising that although he's rusty in terms of his fumbling and decision making, he has some absolute weapons that not a lot of other KPD's have in terms of his ability to attack.
I'm open minded unlike most when it comes to big Billy.

It should be seen as contest at this point in time between Frampton, Murray and McAsey with Billy currently being given the opportunity to nail down the spot.

Murray had his opportunity and didn't really impress with his very average decision making and poor disposal and McAsey is flat out getting a touch in the SANFL generally so I'm all for seeing if Billy can morph into a tall defender and there's only one way to find out....play him.

Really want to see him spoiling more than taking contested marks!!

Who is the benchmark here? McGovern? I'd guess he takes a couple of contested marks a week and way more spoils ... could be wrong :p
I agree strongly with this. Becoming a big spoiler would be the easiest and most important improvement for Billy to make.
I did in fact notice a significant improvement in that area in last week's game, both from Billy and Butts, i.e., some spoils, as opposed to hardly any in previous weeks.

Watching the replay and I love the different dynamic Murphy brings to our midfield, just always looks dangerous and generally delivers well to the forwards. This has to be his position moving forward, he ain’t a small forward and is wasted there.
Yep, his stoppage clearance work is some of the cleanest at our club. Really like him as a 5th/6th midfielder type that can play as a high half forward if need. We can’t put him consistently deep I50

If I remember correctly, he showed similar signs last year before his syndesmosis injury, and wasn’t the same after returning. He seems to have gotten that spark back

Slow to read this thread this week.
Frampton's work with the ball is fine.
Defensively he is soft as butter and lacks intensity. Pushed off the ball far too easy, fumbles at the sound of footsteps. Follow up efforts at loose balls are poor.

He definitely had some good moments, but I think he is a liability defensively.
I agree with this, but right now he’s performing the best out of all the KPDs we have (apart from Butts), so you have to give him a go

If I’m honest, if Frampton’s the best we have after Butts, I’m looking for more KPD options in the offseason

Watching the replay and I love the different dynamic Murphy brings to our midfield, just always looks dangerous and generally delivers well to the forwards. This has to be his position moving forward, he ain’t a small forward and is wasted there.

I concur.

He stands out because he’s on the move at stoppages and actually wants to run out the front of a stoppage to deliver inside 50.

If a club had really liked him, selected him in the national draft and played him as a midfielder from the get-go, I reckon he’d be considered a pretty decent AFL player.

Not sure how it’ll end up for him from here.

Crouch with comfortably his best game for the year, if he keeps that form up he deserves a spot in our side.
Just needs to play on at all costs and take a chance. If he fu ks it up then so be it as he is currently a massive momentum killer.

Also needs to stop calling for the footy in shit field positions.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey all, just signed up and all that.

Looking at the Frampton discourse I think until a tall in the reserves is banging the door down persist. We're in the middle of a rebuild and he's spent less than a year as a defender, now is the time to make risky calls and persist with players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just needs to play on at all costs and take a chance. If he fu ks it up then so be it as he is currently a massive momentum killer.

Also needs to stop calling for the footy in shit field positions.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was doing that on the weekend, definitely looked to be more positive with the footy. Over 90% DE from 26 touches, 2 goal assists and 5 score assists is a game I'll take from one of our midfielders anyday of the week.

He was doing that on the weekend, definitely looked to be more positive with the footy. Over 90% DE from 26 touches, 2 goal assists and 5 score assists is a game I'll take from one of our midfielders anyday of the week.

If he can do that, then he can stay.

I recall that he was stagnant on a couple of occasions, holding on to the footy for an eternity after calling for the ball 15m away in a terrible field position.

He's still a wet blanket on our forward progress.
Crouch looks like he's been coached to not attack but to find someone who will do it better.
Like a pure inside mid. Win the ball and get it out to someone going past.

If he can do that, then he can stay.

I recall that he was stagnant on a couple of occasions, holding on to the footy for an eternity after calling for the ball 15m away in a terrible field position.

We noticeably avoided kicking to him a couple of times.

Those short chips out wide that halt any forward momentum

Back