Autopsy Another day of same se

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the dee’s V swans game, it’s so obvious that our players go in their shells when we are down, lack confidence and most likely don’t want to make a mistake.
Just need a realality check and understand that playing positive will produce results

It's a huge off season for the club imo

Snoz better solidify both 1sts and 2nds teams with talent and leadership and Nobles better have the team playing good, hard shinboner footy.

If we are 1 win at the bye next year, I expect a full clean out of all current personnel at the club, save Sonja.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hahahahahahaha. What sort of parameters are they? My goodness. Two wins from our first twelve next season and all is good and it justifies more time…. Lol
Never mind he hasn’t earnt next season. Never mind that 2-10 next season at the bye is not enough.
My goodness. 😆😆😆

That was the first game I've seen in ages. Second this year - It was on free to air in QLD.

Just a couple of observations:

LDU is going to be great, Cunners heir. He is not always clean, but he is taking on the responsibility. He'll be our general in the mid field. Could be our next captain.

Simpkin is not

Anderson is very important for us, his endeavour sets the example

Greenwood is alright.

Thompson needs to find his position. I'm thinking half forward, and just leave him there.

Jack is done. So slow. Still doesn't look where he is kicking.

Kayne tries, but just is no good. He'll probably make a good coach.

Goldy is still our best ruckman. Xerri had a stinker, but I think he will be a great player for us and I support how we are transitioning X as our no. 1 big guy. Goldy might hate it, but suck it up, it's about the club. Goldy also looks dangerous in the forward line.

I feel for our defenders. They should not have to cop that. Young and Corr are fairly steady. Luke tries, but probably is not the leader we need back there.

I found JHF to be a bit sooky and annoying, in the mold of Nathan Buckley. Might not be a bad thing. I have no doubt he will be a champion.

I don’t get our system
Go super slow chipping it around with short kicks or trying to kick the stitches off the ball booting to an outnumber in our F50.
Which inevitably turns into the oppo strolling out of their d50 and into attack.

Like last week, we started ok. Unlike last week, we put scoreboard pressure on. 3 goals up at quarter time. Tough conditions. Bit of confidence flowing, pressure good and skills ok. Then we go into the cool room, Noble fires them up and we come out flat as a tack and concede MORE IN A QUARTER THAN WE SCORE FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

I can't keep watching. I mean, I will, but there is no way there isn't something deeply, deeply wrong at our club.

"I can't go on. I'll go on," as a great writer once said. Why can't Xerri mark the ball?

We need speed, we have lacked speed for around 17 years, we get beaten by speed, this isn't surprising.

We are unable to hit targets, have so for many years, we will always allow oppositions to score if they make the most of the chances.

We have not had a month played with our full list together, and I have no idea whether it will help define the team for decade or reinforce our crappiness.

Our midfield has had a lot of blue chip investment, we have to invest around it to make the most of them.

Hell no and dont worry about JHF, if he hadnt bought into the club he wouldnt be wearing a North mouth guard. Yes a little thing, but is a sign of what the club colours mean to him.
He is wearing his mouthgaurd from his previous club which played in Geelongs colours..

Meh. In the heat away from home against what is apparently one of the better pressure teams. Best 1st quarter of the year and then shit snowballed as we had our customary lapses, then Bmac got decapitated and players started to fatigue and check out. As shit as the last 3 quarters were, there is something to build on from what we showed in the first.

As for players... Jy needs kicking boots, to go with his new kicking feet; do they sell studded clown shoes? Xerri needs to put superglue on his chest. JHF was cracking the shits but after his goal he really lifted, great fightback. Young seemed pretty switched on all day. Walker was Walker, great at what he's great at and meh in other aspects. Powell looks to be building and there's some great chemistry with him an JHF. Paul Curtis was in good nick today with some great creative plays, it's just shocking how often he isn't in the F50 to crumb though. Goldy was great.
Thought Young had a very solid game. Never understood why he's a whipping boy, looks to me like a he'll shape into a good list player all clubs need.

Thought Young had a very solid game. Never understood why he's a whipping boy, looks to me like a he'll shape into a good list player all clubs need.
Simply a much better player in defence than he was on the wing. Noble persisted with that experiment too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was a man at a company and couldn’t do their job properly he would be sacked Elani isn’t an AFL umpires little toe . She is useless. She’s umpired a few of our games and has made some horrendous or non decisions.

Looking forward to another coaches press conference , always feel peckish afterwards though

I’m feel like I’m back at school raising money again for the Ethiopian kids with the 40hr Famine.

Hahahahahahaha. What sort of parameters are they? My goodness. Two wins from our first twelve next season and all is good and it justifies more time…. Lol
Never mind he hasn’t earnt next season. Never mind that 2-10 next season at the bye is not enough.
My goodness. 😆😆😆
We have 1 pick in first 3 rounds to solidify the list
Hard to make ground on the comp with the draft hand

No on ground leadership.
Jack’s only weapon these days is to run through packs trying to clean up opposition players.
Jy has lost speed to the point that fantapants ran away from him. Was supposed to be going head to head with Miller and got thrashed. Fumbling and unless he’s waxing with LDU just hacks the ball.
How many times tonight did LDU turn it over by hand and foot? Not elite. Lmac is just a slow hbflanker. West Coast‘s little joke on us. Tries hard but not a leader.
Kayne Turner 3 touches 0 tackles - Continually flies as 3rd up. He obviously doesn’t realise he is a skinny short arse. Tries hard but would struggle in the Vfl.
TT has not come back from his injury with much energy or enthusiasm.
We so miss Cunners.
Young players are losing confidence and are totally stuffed.
Like Perez but at one stage he was running back to defend space but left Ellis 15 metres inside of him in the clear. What are they coaching players?Thought Curtis showed plenty of footy smarts.

Really getting sick of this 1 quarter every 4 weeks crap.
It’s the David Noble way . The writing was on the wall when we couldn’t beat Subiaco thirds .. he can’t coach at all . He’s demoralising the players . 1 good quarter ever 2 months won’t cut it . He has to go ASAP ..

After a very promising first quarter that was a nightmare to watch with only a few bright moments in third quarter.

I was happier this time last season because I felt there were signs we were heading in the right direction, at the moment I don't see any positive signs. I see a team that has no idea how to play the way the coach has devised, and is losing confidence with each lost quarter. And I don't think the coach as any idea how to rectify the problems he has created and is losing the trust of the players.

I've been a little reluctant to sack the coach because of the number of coaches we have had over the past few years, but I don't think we have any other choice now but to remove Noble from his position. Our current situation has the potential of scarring the club and players for a decade or more if we don't make changes as soon as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back