Autopsy Rolled over to Freo after leading by 41 at qtr time, what's wrong @ the kennel?

Remove this Banner Ad

90% of the posts are criticising the coach (and there is also plenty of player-blaming to accompany that.) Those 90% of posts are correct in my view.

Bevo shat the bed tonight, as did many of the players. Freo's coaching panel completely outcoached ours tonight in my opinion. I gave kudos to Bevo for the first quarter and I'm now criticising him for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. That's a balanced view, as opposed to an uncritical and quite unjustified blind defense of the coach.
It was a club wide shiftest.

The issues we had with English in his first game are still the issues we have with him now.
Very soft for a ruck and just is not strong enough.

Need to get some good football people in the football department. Assistants and development coaches.

We don’t know how to play to tall forwards we can’t put the ball to their advantage

Outmuscled and outbodied by Lobb in that marking contest really annoyed me.

How am I cheerleading? All I’m saying is Bailey Smith, Naughton, Dale, Daniel, Williams, Keath, English have all not turned up when required again and yet all the blame goes on the coach
He coaches them. If they continuously don’t turn up that’s ultimately on him. I’m struggling to understand how you refuse to link player performance with coaching. It’s bizarre. It’s literally his job to get the best out of a group of players. Has he? How many have got better the past 24 months?

Jesus ******* Christ.

This is mildly entertaining but it’s batshit crazy.

Bulldogs on top - Bevo good!👍

Bulldogs playing poorly - players are s**t and not following Bevo’s instructions!!!🤬

Let the gaslighting commence!
Yes they executed the gameplan then they didn’t. Have you ever coached before?

He coaches them. If they continuously don’t turn up that’s ultimately on him. I’m struggling to understand how refuse to link player performance with coaching. It’s bizarre. It’s literally his job to get the best out of a group of players. Has he? How many have got better the past 24 months?
Yes he deserves some blame for sure but in reality we need to realise how much we over achieved last year getting to a Grand Final with our list it’s mediocre and poorly built

It was 44-3 for a reason it was working fine then the players stopped executing hence they’re the ones who deserve more of the blame how can they do it for a quarter and a half then not time after time?
We were smashing them in tackles and contested possessions. If that was the gameplan for four quarters then Beveridge really has got no idea.

That was never going to be sustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches do not have much control no
Simon Dalrymple left the Dogs and went to Sydney because Bevo started sticking his hand in recruitment.
I know this for a 500% cold concrete fact.
Bevo wanted us to recruit a certain player, Simon didn't, Bevo pressured the team into recruiting said player, Simon left.

Said player almost cost us a game VS Gold Coast a few years back.

Ill let you figure out the rest.

We were smashing them in tackles and contested possessions. If that was the gameplan for four quarters then Beveridge really has got no idea.

Richmond won 3 flags off pressure why’s it not sustainable?

Simon Dalrymple left the Dogs and went to Sydney because Bevo started sticking his hand in recruitment.
Bevo wanted us to recruit a certain player, Simon didn't, Bevo pressured the team into recruiting said player, Simon left.

Said player hasn’t been on our list for multiple years now can’t have that much control

Happens so much under his tutelage. Teams adjust, we grind to a halt and never quite get going again. Sometimes we get over the line because we've done just enough, or hold up just enough defensively. But more often than not, we get a wild swing in momentum and lose a Grand Final, or Elimination final in historically bad ways.

Yes they executed the gameplan then they didn’t. Have you ever coached before?

Just so I’m clear, you think that when a professional sports team is playing well they are executing the coach’s plans well and that’s to the coach’s credit, and when they’re not it’s solely because they stopped doing that and it’s the players’ fault?

Even if you do believe that (which would be interesting) I would argue that players’ belief in their coach would be conditional on them doing things like selecting the team well.

My day ... a friend attempted suicide and is an induced coma. He's not going to make it.

And then this. It's been a really tough day
THAT IS TERRIBLE. SORRY FOR YOUR AND YOUR MATES FAMILY AND FRIENDS. WHAT A TRAGEDY
Thanks mate.

I'm finding it really tough today. I called my dad just before the game and told him and said the game really doesn't matter anymore. I could barely choke a sentence out ;(
SO SAD MATE. HANG IN THERE AND AS IMMORTALMAKE SEEK SUPPORT. DON'T JUST WEAR THIS ON YOUR OWN.

Said player hasn’t been on our list for multiple years now can’t have that much control
VDM
Roake
Honeychurch
McComb
(soon to be) Sullivan

Etc etc etc etc

We've had no shortage of ''Bevo Typres'' over the years that don't work out

Im sure Matty Boyd will have similar views

Remove this Banner Ad

Back