Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

It says ‘not offered a contract’ so he will not be re-rookied.
Hope he gets a spot on someone’s list though.
Also a shame he didn’t play 1 more game so we could Father-Son the Bash Brothers in a few years.

Don't turn up unfit, taking the piss on a good salary, and take half the season to be ready to play based on his no Covid stance. (which we supported him but he didn't do the work)

He only has himself to blame for his delisting.

i feel that this is a mistake. another of the kind of mistake that's lead us to where we are now. whenever you watch highlights packages for the young shiny midfielders we're all so excited about, LDU, Powell, Phillips, you'll notice over and over that it's a Jed Anderson shepherd that gives them space to work, his hardness around the ball has been really important when our midfield has looked functional and that's not going to be so easily replaced. This is similar to the Dumont delisting to me, just his bad luck that he's out of contract, coaches assume they can just plop one of the exciting talents in their spot and they'll be able to do everything those guys did, but it ends up not working that way. In froggy's case we ended up badly missing his two-way running, in Jed's case I think we're going to miss that hardness around the ball.

Should absolutely rookie him unless someone irresistible is available at our first pick.

i feel that this is a mistake. another of the kind of mistake that's lead us to where we are now. whenever you watch highlights packages for the young shiny midfielders we're all so excited about, LDU, Powell, Phillips, you'll notice over and over that it's a Jed Anderson shepherd that gives them space to work, his hardness around the ball has been really important when our midfield has looked functional and that's not going to be so easily replaced. This is similar to the Dumont delisting to me, just his bad luck that he's out of contract, coaches assume they can just plop one of the exciting talents in their spot and they'll be able to do everything those guys did, but it ends up not working that way. In froggy's case we ended up badly missing his two-way running, in Jed's case I think we're going to miss that hardness around the ball.

Should absolutely rookie him unless someone irresistible is available at our first pick.

The issue is Jed's tank or lack thereof, it puts a lot of rotation pressure on.

We were still shit and won the spoon with Cunners, Jed, Dumont, etc. We were just a bit more competitive.

We should have Cunners and Polec return next year, got a big improvement out of Scott and Taylor this year, Perez had a full season, Phillips to return, Goater just played 1 game this year. We picked up Tucker.

I don't think we are relying on anyone we draft this year for next year.

Don't turn up unfit, taking the piss on a good salary, and take half the season to be ready to play based on his no Covid stance. (which we supported him but he didn't do the work)

He only has himself to blame for his delisting.
You realise his stance re the covid vaccine was hard medicine not some bullshit I don’t want to. He had the 1st one. It had actual negative medical effects that effected his ability to train and his willingness to try it again.

The issue is Jed's tank or lack thereof, it puts a lot of rotation pressure on.

We were still s**t and won the spoon with Cunners, Jed, Dumont, etc. We were just a bit more competitive.

We should have Cunners and Polec return next year, got a big improvement out of Scott and Taylor this year, Perez had a full season, Phillips to return, Goater just played 1 game this year. We picked up Tucker.

I don't think we are relying on anyone we draft this year for next year.
Polly would be gone already if he didnt have a contract. which in itself is a bit of an injustice to jed, but thats footy, prolly in same boat as froggy when he didnt have a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise his stance re the covid vaccine was hard medicine not some bullshit I don’t want to. He had the 1st one. It had actual negative medical effects that effected his ability to train and his willingness to try it again.

Totally missing the point.

Plus he was well over those symptoms when on his fitness program (which he didn't do).

Pretty sure "delist" says it for me but go on with your nonsense.

Good luck Jed.

ps; Clarkson flicked him once,i doubt he wanted him back.

I doubt it. He'll play most games if he gets a contract. He's a meat shield and a battering ram. When he didn't play late this year LDU struggled a bit because no one could lay blocks and open space for him like Jed did. Maybe Tucker and Greenwood could play that role but Greenwood wasn't very good at it. (Good with the defensive pressure tho.)
Tucker ... if he can get back to his form of 2019 and early 2020 (then ripped his hammy off the bone) will be a good acquisition in this regard. Fyfe went out of his way to specifically thank Tucker and Conca for their covering roles in 2019.

“Brownlow Medals aren’t won on your own, there’s a number of players that go into it and I wish I could individually thank every single player,” Fyfe said.

“Two players I will point out, Darcy Tucker and Reece Conca who have the task of being accountable for my man quite often when I have to go hunt the footy.

“To Darcy and Reece, thanks very much for the selfless roles you play.

“The texts that I get from ‘Concs’ before games saying ‘you get after the pill and I’ll cover your man’ – I can’t tell you how important that is as a player and a leader to be able to have that sort of confidence in your teammates - that they’re going to have your back.”

Hope he does well for you guys, just a bit slow at times.

Polly would be gone already if he didnt have a contract. which in itself is a bit of an injustice to jed, but thats footy, prolly in same boat as froggy when he didnt have a contract.
Completely forgot Polec was on the list still.

Genuine LOL’s.

Sad to see him cut, but it's one you can see both sides of (keeping vs. delisting).

Absolutely loved watching him run around in the North kit, and seeing him barrel through oppo flogs.

100% could see him being rookied, especially with the extended rookie list we have. But will wait and see.

Really feel for this bloke. The keyboard vultures are well and truly circling, using their collective 17 brain cells to put 2 and 2 together to make 5 re clarko allegations.

• Mrs was pregnant with their 1st when clarko recruited him
  • Had 2 boys before he left hawthorn
  • Because if he was involved, naturally the first thing the club/clarko would do would be to delist him 🙄

One of my favourites of the last few years. Our barometer for pressure and effort. Led us to the Good Friday win over St Kilda a number of years back. We were 4 goals better when Jed’s playing

He didn't get the first jab until a month after he was meant to have had both pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back